Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scavenger Hunt

The time finally came at last for her Apprentice to learn to construct his first lightsaber. The lesson would not be easy but the reward was well worth the effort. There were those that relied on both a blaster and a lightsaber, but she was a traditionalist and only carried the latter. She saw no need to tote around a clumsy blaster especially if one took the time and patience to learn how to wield the ancient weapon of the Sith and Jedi Orders. She was no master swordsmen but she knew how to use her weapon, and use it with deadly efficiency.
Darth Venefica had decided to forgo the planet hopping she did to construct her own lightsaber, and elected to go to Mustafar for the trip. If her Apprentice later wanted to build a different blade, one that directly suited him, then he would do so without her guidance. Everyone needed to discover the galaxy for themselves at one pointe or another, just as she did.
She didn't expect to see any major changes to the planet since her last visit, and she was right. It was still hot with lava filled veins that jagged along the rocky surface. She was going to make this a test for Apprentice. She had ordered some of the troops from her Star Destroyer, The Meshuga, to land hours before them and place some of the key components in locations with the knowledge of where they could be found only disclosed to her. She wanted to see how well her Apprentice could perform.
[member="Kelictu Moreantu"]​

Kelictu waits for when we can land, Master Venefica sent troops down hours ago to scout the area of Mustafar. He was obviously excited to land, as he was unable to sit still, and would be running around and when he sees his Master, he stops, sits on the floor, and asks her "Master, when are gonna land on Mustafar, I really want to go down there...i'm just so excited to be here at Mustafar..."

He soon recalls on the fact that he was acting like a small child again, something she might aggressively call him out on his actions

"I...I'm sorry Master, but you must understand that i'm really antsy and so excited to go down there and to start my training with building my own personal lightsaber...I'm sorry Master Venefica."

"Patience my Apprentice," she said staring into his eyes, "Patience is key. One can not run before they learn to walk. And commanding the Force is no different...and constructing a lightsaber requires even more patience." She understood how he felt. The first time she actually learned how to control an object with her mind, she nearly screamed with joy. But she had matured much since that day. If her Apprentice was to survive the trials of life and the lifestyle of a Sith, he would need to comprehend patience.
The small transport vessel landed on the surface of Mustafar. A planet steeped in history, from a certain pointe of view. The Dagboh Sith pressed the green button and the doors opened up followed by the ramp lowering to the ground. She stood motionless allowing her black and red flecked eyes to scan the area for volcanic activity. Mustafar was both a dangerous and unpredictable planet. And it was an excellent selection by her in terms of testing her over eager Apprentice.
"The ground is unstable so take caution where you step. Now before we begin...we have a little test for you. Since you claim you have knowledge of telekinesis...we are going to see how much you have." She pointed to a rock half submerged in a river of lava. "You will move rocks to form a path to one in the lava.."

"Alright Master...one rocky path coming up"
after he makes this statement, Kelictu uses the force to move the rocks one by one in a straight line until they formed a path, only for him to stay where he is, waiting for his master to go first.

The Sith Lord observed the actions of her Apprentice closely as he moved the rocks into place, forming a stone path to the lone rock formation centered in the lava. Every lesson or task she would put forth to her Apprentice would always have reason behind it, no matter how tedious or small it seemed. She didn't trust the path to be stable enough for her to walk across, so she elected to end the lesson there.
"The moving of the rocks was a mental test, Apprentice," she announced looking over at him, "You will need both focus and the mental fortitude to create your lightsaber. Especially when it comes to attuning the crystals to yourself and crystal placement in the weapon."
Now it was time to begin the process of finding the pieces for the legendary weapon used by the ancient Orders of the Sith and the Jedi. With a small gesture she beckoned her Apprentice to follow her. She had put all the locations to memory so she wouldn't be saddled with carrying around a datapad. After a few miles of walking, she pointed to a small cave opening.
"Inside you will find the first piece of the puzzle. The pressure grip. Be cautious once inside...this planet is unstable and always shifting."

Kelictu would follow Master Venefica until they stop at a cave entrance, where she tells him the pressure grip for a lightsaber is held inside.

"I don't know how long I'll take to get it...but I'll get it as quickly as I can"

Kelictu would head off into the Cave, looking for the pressure grip that is inside.

Kelictu comes back out with a few cuts on his body, and some burn marks as well, and the pressure grip in his hand.
He'd go up to Master Venefica and say to her:

"Master Venefica, i have obtained the pressure grip for my lightsaber; what is the next part that I must get?"

She examined the component making sure there were no cracks or flaws in it. A pressure grip, though others would debate this, was a very important part of a lightsaber. By releasing pressure on the grip, one could shut down their weapon without thumbing the activation stud and it served as a security protocol. If dropped it would shut the blade down so no accidents could occur, like self-impaling.
"Very good. Your next piece, the pommel cap, is located in the nearby ruined building. As an added bonus, if you take time to thoroughly explore the building you will find the emitter matrix as well."
Without saying another word, she simply pointed to the direction where the building could be located.

"M-Master, may I rest before I go inside, I need to still to cope with my injuries from the cave"

Kelictu would sit down in front of Master Venefica, as he starts to rest away some of the pain from the burns and the cuts before she can give him a reply to his question.

"Rest," she said with annoyance in her voice, "You do not rest! Would your enemy allow you to rest because of your wounds? No! Would a predator such as a Rancor or Tetatarnek allow you to rest? No!"
She shook her head at her Apprentice, her fingers slightly crackling from the Force energy that was gathering around them. She had yet to punish any of her Apprentices, but then again none gave her reason to do so. The mere fact this Apprentice wanted to 'rest' had caused her to grow angry. He wanted to be Sith, to learn the ways of the Dark Side, to grow powerful, to do things with the Force the Jedi deemed unnatural. And yet, he wanted to rest.
"Stand up! Sith do not allow their wounds or pain to hold them back...we embrace them...use them...learn from them. If you are to survive my teachings Apprentice, you will do wise to remember that. Now go...before tragedy befalls you!"

Kelictu would get up immediately in a sense of rage, pain, and the sudden want to choke her to death with his hand,and says nothing to her. Rather he walked off to the direction of the building to find the emitter matrix and the pommel cap for the next few days

Kelictu would come back out from the abandoned building, a stalagmite jammed into his shoulder,the Pommel cap and the Emitter Matrix in both of his hands he's lucky to have even had enough energy to grab both things, let alone come back out with them. ​"What is the next piece now Master?" He wouldn't acknowledge the pain he's feeling, and the burning sensation of taking the stalagmite out of his shoulder and jam it in her eye in full hatred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom