Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boost Scar Worlds: Graymarket Run OOC

Tayrankii

T
Just a general-purpose OOC thread to keep everything in one place and serve as a discussion/question place.

Link to IC thread:
Goals: 40 posts to 250k UCs, 100 posts to 500k UCs, all to be divided proportionately by Trade Points.

1) START in any hex belonging to a major faction. (It's in your interest to begin in SJO, NIO, Enclave, or AC territory.)
2) END in the orbit of Draemidus Prime, the ruined Bryn'adul homeworld. You don't need to reach the end for your work to be honored, but you will get a greater share of the take.
3) Your route is up to you. To advance your route from hex to hex, you need to make a trade/smuggling-related connection in that hex with one post, e.g. by doing one of the following:
  • In the Boost thread, send a trade-related transmission to someone (character, faction, company, whatever) who has an established presence on a world in that hex. Honor system.
  • Write a post (e.g. an RP snapshot or captain's log or holojournal) visiting a world in that hex for trade-related reasons or, if necessary, shore leave.
4) At the end of the Boost thread, prize UCs will be distributed proportionately based on how many Trade Points you've accumulated.
  • 1 hex visited = 1 Trade Point + an extra Trade Point if the goods you're buying/selling there are directly relevant to a planet in that hex. (Congratulations, you sold tasty insects at a hungry refugee settlement on Kubindi! Have an extra point.)
  • The planet you visit has an established (on Wookieepedia or in Codex) shadowport/black market = 2 extra Trade Points.
  • Getting a reply to a transmission (as mentioned above) in the Boost thread = 1 extra Trade Point.
  • Smuggling or otherwise criminally getting through a border = 3 extra Trade Points, just don't make a mess and get the Major Factions breathing down my neck.
  • Successfully reaching orbit of Draemidus Prime with your final post = 5 extra Trade Points.
  • Hefty trade engagements (maybe some of you barter between yourselves, or you and your transmission buddies go back and forth for a few posts) = a few extra Trade Points at my discretion.
  • I reserve the right to toss you a couple extra Trade Points for interesting things like using nonhuman characters, flying cool ships, visiting your own homeworld, appropriate fades to black, etc.
Most likely, by the end your route has crossed half a dozen hexes and you've racked up at least a dozen Trade Points. No posting order necessary, just don't post back-to-back with yourself. Please keep track of your Trade Points with each post. Again, honor system. I'll be participating (mostly to set examples and keep things moving) and will cut my Trade Points in half at the end.

WHAT A GIVEN ROUTE MIGHT LOOK LIKE, THOUGH YOU COULD ZIG MORE ZAGGILY
NVbIkIb.png

Participating factions: Scar Worlds, Rimward Trade League, Darkwire, Hutt Space Consortium

TRACKINGMarch 2 snapshot
Posts10
Unique writers7
Characters (RTL)Aeshi Tillian
Characters (SW)Tayrankii, Vooltroo, Xeykard (as oppo), Aeshi Tillian, Nash Darklighter
Characters (DW)Cassus Akovin
Characters (HSC)Cass Gemini, Nash Darklighter
Disreputable actsSmuggling and other border violations x3, marauding at scale, privateering

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom