Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sayd-Jai

Sayd-Jai

S
Sayd-Jai.jpg
Years ago, YOU killed my people.

Perhaps it wasn't you specifically that did it, being as those involved are long dead, but your people stood by and did nothing about it. The Empire came to Vestar and committed an act of genocide against the Icarii. And what did you do about it? Nothing. You watched as their Lightning Brigade destroyed my people down to my ancestor, the last Queen, Selestrine. They were monsters. You were monsters for not stopping them.

Fortunately a few of us survived, due to being offworld. Not enough to recolonize. Barely enough to sustain the race. But we did, and we have suffered because of it. Most of us have an abnormality because of the close relations we were forced to deal with to preserve our species. Some are worse off than others. Generally we blame the Empire for this, but we hold all of you accountable as well. Had people stood up to the Empire sooner, we would not have been forced to fight them alone. Perhaps then so many wouldn't have died.

I am one of the few hundred still alive. My name is Sayd-Jai and I am the Crown Prince of the Icarii. My mother, Selestra, is the Queen, but her health is failing her and I am increasingly called upon to aid her in her duties. No easy feat for me, as I was birn both deaf and mute. I learned quickly, though. Sign language became the only way that I could communicate until I was old enough to learn about my connection to the Force. In secret, for our entire species lives secretly among the stars now, I was given a teacher.

Her name was Appolina. She was not an Icarii, but a Kiffar. Strength and power radiated from her. Through her I learned to communicate telepathically, to use my feelings to read every minute detail of my environment, to move without being seen, to see without being moved, to kill without remorse, and to believe in the good in people. She was a woman of bounty, and she has ever been a wise instructor, even though she has gone into the Force now. Without her I would be nothing but a simple heir to a throne, not a leader.

Now I am nearly thirty years of age. I have never been to my honeworld, though I long to see it one day. In the open galaxy I am a shadow. None see me lest I want them to. I work as part of the organization my family started to secretly fight against the Empire and those like them. We call ourselves SPECTRE and few outside of our number know of our existence. We are not all Icarii. We could be your neighbor, your boss, your best friend, your sister, even your father. You will never know it. No one will.

But we fight because you won't. We fight because you can't. We are ghosts in the machine of progress. If you see us, we will be the last thing you see.​

https://youtu.be/lHomCiPFknY​
GEAR:
ROLEPLAYS:
NOTES:

• Basque is used for the Icarii language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom