Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sato Hardlight Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Image Source:
Intent: To create a basic application of hardlight technology
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Sato Hardlight Technologies
Model: Wall
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Surface image can be changed
Production: Mass-Produced. (Anyone.)

Material:
  • Holo projectors
  • Light
Description: Designed for use on ships and in buildings using holoprojectors, the Sato hardlight wall is as stated a wall of light able to be made and used to divide a room or projected on a door like a false wall. THe process is similar to the holographic training suites used to train jedi and soldiers in combat and different scenarios. The soldi state holograms of the holo suites useful in creating buildings that can be used. This takes that tech and minimizes it into a select piece of a wall able to be set in rooms supporting hol projectors. It has all the strengths of a hologram being able to be shaped and molded to what it needs to fit with, able to be changed appearance wise, its density can be changed from solid to passable. It also holds the major weaknesses of a hologram being... that it is a hologram and not real. At low settings in can be seen and passed through, its range is limited to the holoprojectors and if the power goes out it disappears. It provides little else then a way to divide a room or in some cases cover up a section behind a false holographic wall.
Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Hi! I am trying something new here, factory judging and all.

My first reaction to seeing your submission is that it's looking kind of bare. A single paragraph is not a lot to go on, and if possible I would like to see you expand upon what this particular piece of technology can or cannot do. Perhaps you could add some more details about the strengths and weaknesses so that it is a bit more clear cut for future use.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Okay, the submission is clearer and I think I can sort of understand what you want to do with it. What I am uncertain about is what you mean with

Matsu Ike said:
THe process is similar to the holographic training suites used to train jedi and soldiers in combat and different scenarios. The soldi state holograms of the holo suites useful in creating buildings that can be used.

Can this thing create buildings made entirely out of hard light? All in all this seems like a pretty regular piece of Hardlight/Holographic Training equipment, but this part in particular confuses me. Could you elaborate?

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Kana Truden"] the holo suites are large rooms for training in different scenario's including buildings collapse. It can make a building for use in the room yes. THis is on a smaller scale and is limited by where it can be used. Usually it will already be in a building or in a ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom