Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Saotome Gravimetric Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To make a standard component for Saotome submissions
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source:
    Not really a sub, more a thing Han does with Leia and Juun to save the falcon after Alema sabotages the hyperdrive to crash them into a planet. He alters the shielding to send them on a different course and find a nebula full of worlds they plan to give to the Ithorians
  • Null Quantaum Field Generator

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Saotome Foundry
  • Model: Saotome System
  • Affiliation: Company Name(s) (Sasori and Subsidiaries)
  • Modularity: Mass-Produced. (Anyone.)
  • Material:
    Components

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Modularity: Designed to go on Saotome and Sasori ships
Strengths:
  • Anti Grav Sensor: Designed based off of at best a move to save his skin. The anti grave sensor can allow a ship to alter trajectory minorly once when encountering a gravity well. This skip essentially drains the power to the shielding and recharge can take awhile (8 standard hour)
Weaknesses:
  • Non Combative.....Mostly: It is designed to not protect from most forms of weapon types. Gravity based one might get a minor amount before the shield falls quickly drained
  • Modulation: Designed to function in specific situations, the sensor itself requires a near constant monitoring to keep it functioning
  • Quick Drain: Designed to function but well the capability of it is usually a one and done. It isn't going to be constantly active, once it actually uses its ability to adjust the trajectory it will usually drain itself and buy a small handful of seconds
  • Do you want to SMash into a planet?: A danger in course altering at lightspeed is that you don't see what is in front of you and can crash pretty easily. Even a small course correction from the shield runs the risk of your ship smashing into a planet
DESCRIPTION
Designed to be an advanced Sasotome system for their ships, the anti grav sensor functions when encountering a mass gravity field within the direction of the ships path. To skip it, make it able to for a brief moment alter trajectory and go to safety.... somewhat. The technique has inherent danger to it, traveling at that speed and literally skipping off the surface of a gravity well.... is dangerous and can tear the ship apart. It can send you literally into the path of a planet, a moon or anything else. The momentary advantage of it is you can surprise someone looking to interdict you and tear you from a hyperlane... by not being there but there is only so much that can be done with it. The sensor won't protect you from a field or make the gravity well of a planet suddenly disappear... it will work best for you when traveling through hyperspace.

Anaara Clandestine said:
Primary Source: Not really a sub, more a thing Han does with Leia and Juun to save the falcon after Alema sabotages the hyperdrive to crash them into a planet. He alters the shielding to send them on a different course and find a nebula full of worlds they plan to give to the Ithorians

Can you give me a reference as to where I can find this (a book, wookieepedia article, quote, etc)?

That's not a book that I happen to have, and the limited preview of it in Google books doesn't seem to contain this information. Granted, there is some similar technology with the Null Quantaum Field Generator (at least in my understanding of the sub).

Anaara Clandestine said:
THe shield itself is basic and compared to many once it is in use it only lasts a handful of seconds but in the case of the ship it can allow it to travel outside of the gravity well by hundreds if not thousands of lightyears. THis gives it some anti interdiciton capabilities as a result but it wouldn't really work more then once or to escape it if it is already there
But I think that this may go beyond that ability depending on what we mean by "anti interdiction capabilites". Does this provide a brief, temporary bubble sort of like HIMS, but lets the ship maneuver while in use to escape the interdictor upon encountering it?

If it goes beyond that, please provide me with a quote from the book about the maneuver or technology.

[member="Gir Quee"]

it doesn't have much, this is a Han move and really spends a lot of time arguing with CPO.

as to it, no not quite, like the HIMS, that keeps you on course. this worked more and sounded like it worked more skipping a rock along the surface water. (gravity from planets/moon being the water and basically it skipped the ship into a different course just slightly and could almost tear it apart since the speed could have the ship rip apart

[member="Anaara Clandestine"], I think that there is another info based on the Null Quantaum Field Generator for a single "skip", basically enough for a ship to touch an interdiction field, realize what it is, and then haphazardly vector away from it.

I don't currently have enough info for this to skip across an interdictor field, if that was the intent of this submission was.

[member="Gir Quee"]

as much as I would love for it to skip several times, I always figured the best balance would be once to twice (if it is close enough a few microseconds before the shield goes down maybe) but not always be active. So edited it and reworded it to emphasize that is is mostly good for a single skip with the dangers of traveling at such high speed.

Anaara Clandestine said:
This skip essentially drains the power to the shielding and recharge can take awhile
I'm not expecting an exact figure here, but how long is "awhile"? Are we talking minutes, hours, etc?

Anaara Clandestine said:
Non Combative.....Mostly: It is designed to not protect from most forms of weapons though intense heat from a star and the flames of fotia's fire is the closest to a combative protection that can be done from it.
How does this part work? Is this basically using some sort of gravity device to deflect some of the heat away from it? Or something else?

I just said eight, not something that can be recharged quickly to spam but not obscenely long waiting

as to that.. ah no it was left over from the previous sub sorry. changed it and it has just some small protection from gravity based weapons.... same way tissue paper would protect you for the briefest moment before death

[member="Anaara Clandestine"]
This is a sensor and system/protocol, not a shield. The system does not actually protect the ship from gravity, it detects large amounts of it and forces the ship to alter its planned trajectory (i,e; turn). Please adjust your choice of words for the labeling of strengths and weaknesses (and sections in the description that refer to this as a shield) to correct this. The reason for this request is to ensure complete clarity for future readers of this submission and avoid confusion, such as assuming that this somehow allows someone to travel into or through an interdiction field or gravity well, which this does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom