Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Sanguine Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmaster Nyâsh

W
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Creating the units which Anarch Gaur is leading.
  • Image Credit: Sources: Here
  • Role: It is the standard fighting force and standing army of the Sanguinity.
  • Links: The Anarch
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Sanguine Band
  • Affiliation: Fanatically loyal to the Anarch Urlock Gaur and him only.
  • Classification: Combined Arms (everything)
  • Equipment: Infantry, artillery, armored, bio-chemical extras (stims, potions, drugs)
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Availability: Common
  • Deployment: Mass
  • Strengths & Weaknesses:
  • + Close combat enthusiasts and experts
  • + Fanatics
  • + Unpredictable
  • - Fanatism makes them often difficult to hold back
  • - Inner conflicts for ranks and promotions
  • - Abominable in the eyes of more civilised units and people
Description: Formed from volunteers to the new cult Gaur developed on the Sanguine worlds, these individuals formed the early core of the cult known as Sanguine Band. Their soceity and culture is a savage, barbarian and strength-orientated one. There is no space for much finesse and intelligence and it never was in their training. Usually the people of the Sanguinity were send to the arenas, but Gaur offered a new way.

This new way was a militarised force with modern military structures. Ranks were established, discipline enforcers and a training program which was meant to orientate towards a more organic unit.

Acquiring equipment by conquest and swiftly learning from more civilised and modern society and their militaries or security forces, the Sanguine Band soon became a military force capable of defeating long-aged experienced troops. Their Assault Brigades are a force of swiftly, curelly striking, professional fanatics. A deadly combination.
Compromised of ground forces, air force and space navy, the Band deploys equally aggressive and mindless tactics for all spheres and stages of war. Usually this catches the enemy off guard, until now, and assures a swift and always cruel and devastating victory.

Their clothes and armors are usually red, shades of brown and dark grey. Not because of the original dye, but because of the rotten blood, mud and worse things on them. They carry the smell of decay, foul and with the maldorous scent of cinnamon mixed in between. The sanguine tongue is their language, a cruel and harsh language which cannot be understood by outsiders.
The rituals and traditions of this force are unknown to outsiders, but it is for sure that nobody really wants to know them.

They make perfect assault groups, breaking into the enemies defences, causing havoc and destruction. Their lack of fear for their own deaths and uncompromising nature could make them an excellent addition for those who seek to punish enemies, to inflict terror and maybe even to make the enemy yield by their simple appearance. Though it wouldn´t be granted that they do not simply massacre the surrendering forces.

[member="The Anarch"]

Hey there!

Before we can get into the meat of this submission, we are going to need to address the immediate concern.

This shares a lot of similarities with the W40k Blood Pact, up to the same name and image even. Some similarities or inspirations are completely fine, but we do not allow straight copies or cross-overs in the Codex, the rules are referenced here if you want to review them. Please tweak the submission, ensuring there is a clear divide between the W40k guys and these ones, then tag me so I can review it again.

If you need any assistance let me know.

Warmaster Nyâsh

W
[member="Jairus Starvald"]

Hello.

You are correct, it is based of the idea and concept of the Blood Pact.
Yet the differences outweigh the similarities in my opinion.

The name and look are the same. Their ideology largely as well.

But in regards to their combat abilities and performance, their equipment, tactics and the most important ritual which is not present here - I see it as loose inspiriration and not a copy. In 40k it is strictly organised and a capable, modern military force. They ritually wound themselves at their leaders armor for the actual 'blood pact'. There their discipline is absolute and in Ruinous Power comparison, well enforced.

[member="The Anarch"]

While I understand that this is your view, I disagree.

The canonical Blood Pact is a diverse group recruited from many sources, utterly devoted to their leader and willing to fight to the death for them. They scavenge their equipment. This by itself would be fine to build a unit around, but then we have the fact that you also used their name and their image.

I see you changed the name since then, but you still have the 'Blood Pact' a number of times in the description, please replace it there as well.

I also need you to swap out the image from the canonical Blood Pact to something else entirely. If you do those two things, the issue with the canon W40k will be settled for me. Of course, if you disagree with my judgement you are free to request a second chance.

Tag me with your decision or when you have made the edit, and I will get into the meat of the submission itself.

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

I strongly disagree with this view, because to me it would be the same for all usage of Stormtroopers pictures for some sort of special infantry, but nevertheless I made the changes you asked for.

Please review the submission now. :)

[member="The Anarch"]

You have a right to your opinion, but I will point out that your example is not comparable to this one. Because the Imperial Stormtroopers are Star Wars canon. The issue at heart of this submission was the cross-over. The same name, the same image, with a concept that aligns closely to the Blood Pact and other W40k properties. That is something that Chaos simply doesn't allow.

The changes you made are fine now though, so let's move on to the next part.

• Equipment: Infantry, artillery, armored, aircraft, fleet, bio-chemical extras (stims, potions, drugs)
This is a bit too broad and nondescript right now.

While we allow generic equipment for minor things, assigning an entirely generic fleet and aircrafts here is a bit much. My suggestion here would be to remove those two from the list, you can replace them with either specific ships (canon or factory ones) that you have permission to use. Or alternatively, you can simply remove them now, submit your own ships in the Factory and then request a submission modification later on.

Let me know which way you want to go.

Warmaster Nyâsh

W

Edited. I will add specific ships and craft via the factory and link it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom