Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sand and Sunsets

"Not even to just visit long enough to talk to the Seers? I didn't say you had to join the Order again. It should be our way to help those in need, so I would hope, they would not turn you away just because you were not part of the Order any longer," Verrin said a little caught off guard by how vehemently she rejected the idea of visiting the temple again, even if it was temporary. Was she worried they would force her to join? Or did she have bad memories of the Temple on Coruscant? What harm was there in talking to another who also had the same power but had undergone training and had more experience in it? It seemed like something that would be natural to do.

Verrin could understand not using Sense to find out things about people. He was much the same. It was not a matter of he could not have discovered she was force sensitive, it was more akin to being polite. His Sense was better then some of the Knights he had met, but he did not like reading minds, and so kept his sense very loose on people. Messing with the mind, be it reading, glimpsing, or influencing, was not something Verrin did or approved of when others did it. It was wrong as the mind should be a safe haven for others, not a place to enter to find out what one needed to know in order to make it more convenient.

"I do the same... I don't like to pry without giving them the chance to refute my curiosity, so I don't concentrate on people very often," He said before hoping over the edge of the speeder and sliding into the seat.

[member="Kayla Christman"]

He was persistent in this idea that she should go see the Seers and he seemed to fail to notice just how much she was against stepping foot into the Temple. "I can't," the blonde said again, this time with a more sure tone of voice. She couldn't go there. She couldn't. Why? She had no idea just yet but she was sure of her answer.

Good, he understood her need to find out about someone the way it should be natural to person and not a Force User. Before she could say anything, Verrin was already in the passenger seat of the speeder. "Guess we're going," she whispered and chuckled to herself, going around to her side of the speeder. She used the door on her end, sitting into her seat before she put the seat belt on. "You better put your seat belt on," Kayla said with a wide grin on her face as turned the engine on.

Verrin decided to drop the Temple talk for now. He still didn't understand why she was so adamant at not even visiting so that he could better help her, but she was helping him, and the least he could do was not push her on something she wasn't going to budge on. Still what could [member="Kayla Christman"] be so afraid of? He couldn't really imagine anyone wanting to hurt her, and if her mother and sisters were like her, then there wasn't a reason to want to hurt them either. He knew he could be wrong and that it could just be his nativity, but he trusted her. For some reason, he did.

He almost missed her whisper was she considering changing her mind on bringing him? Or was she worried about bringing him to her family? Or vice-versa? Either way, Verrin quickly slide the seat belt over his chest and clicked it into place, "Should I hold on tightly as well?" He said raising his left brow. Well, here was hoping he could, indeed, trust her because her talk of him needing his seat belt had him a little worried. He wasn't going to have a heart attack was he?

Should he hold tightly as well? Kayla glanced at him for a quick second, the wide grin still in place as she looked back and went into reverse, stopped once she was able to drive back. Now she did concentrate, reaching into the Force. While she had no intention of letting it guide her her new friend, she could not feel his light signature through it but all it had done now was confirm what she really know.

Concentrating again, she let it expend ahead of her, blue eyes focusing on the space in front of her before she shifted into gear and released the brake, driving through the space. It came as slow for a brief moment before she speed it up, rushing through, avoiding people that she could have potentially hit and cause an accident. The amount of the lowered soon after and Kayla speed up completely, reaching high speed on speeder, propelling them out of Anchorhead and into the desert. Eighty kilometers of desert sight moved as somewhat of a orange and blue blur, the two suns still shining through strongly.

This was one of the reasons why she referred going alone. Grandpa had told her many times over not to drive this fast, the twins were far too responsible for this and Mimi, who would have most likely enjoyed it while it was happening would end up telling her afterwards. And despite her responsible streak, she still had a need to have some fun. "Let me know if I'm driving too fast for you," the blonde said, keeping focus ahead, making sure was still headed in the right direction and nothing came their way all of a sudden.

@Verrin Ris'To

Her smile, which was usually something he found friendly and comely, gave him chills that ran down his spine, and he fought the shiver that wanted to run through his body. Why did he have a bad feeling about this? But it looked likes his fears were unfounded as she left go of the brake and took it slow... well, that was until he was slammed into the seat as the speeder zoomed through the streets narrowly missing people and buildings. He turned his head to tell her to slow down, but she looked so, well, he wasn't sure what that expression was, but it was intense, and he trusted her.

Plus, it wasn't like she could go any faster? Wrong. The second the speeder left the city, she kicked the speed up a notch, and he could swear he just left the majority of his stomach behind. His fingers dug into the interior as he fought the urge to close his eyes. The rushing wind snapped his hood off his head as his long, dark hair whipped around his head caught in the wind. "Your fine," Verrin said through gritted teeth trying to project his voice over the wind, "But I think I left most of my stomach twenty kilometers back."

She was fine? But he left his stomach twenty kilometers back? Kayla chuckled and continued, saving them a lot of time these ways. She also didn't hide how much she loved this, her long blonde hair completely waving in the air behind her.

The kilometers of sand moved quickly behind them and if they'd managed to look back in this speed, they would most likely seen Anchorhead vanishing behind them and soon enough Mos Eisley have to view. However, Kayla's path was not there. Instead, she adjusted her pattern some further to the East where home sweet home was.

@Verrin Ris'To

At least one of them was really enjoying the ride, he mused. Verrin eyed the large settlement that was coming into view, he assumed that was the Mos Eisley that she had mentioned earlier. To his surprise, they were turning to the side, heading east. Did she live on a moisture farm? Or something else? He would find out soon enough, so he tried to relax... which wasn't easy as most of the land around him was a blur not giving him much to look at... not that it would have helped calm him down.

It wasn't too long before the small sentlement came to view, the two arriving shortly after. The Christman housing expended into two floors typical floors on the side. Kayla slowed down smile miles before arriving to it even though anyone other than her mother, who wasn't even there, could sense what she was doing.

"Welcome to the Christman household," the blonde said as she slowed down completely between the two ground floor entrances that belonged to her gandfather and grandmother. The engine came to a full stop then, a single smile remaining her lips.

To her own surprise, the face that came out of the house belonged to her Uncle Antuan who walked out of the ground floor, offered a tiny smile to both before he picked up the first bag of parts and vanished within the house again. "That would be my Uncle Antuan," Kayla commented and got out of the speeder, glancing at Verrin before Antuan came out again, gave her a quick kiss on the forehead as Zhanna often did in the middle of the work, and took the second bag from the back seat. "Uncle Antuan, this is Verrin. He's gonna crash here for the night." she informed the blonde male and smiled. He glanced at the male, gave a quick nod to [member="Verrin Ris'To "]before picking up the last package and leave them alone there.

Kayla glanced at Verrin one more time as she said: "Come on. Lemme give you grand tour before grandpa realises we have company."

Verrin offered her a smile at her welcome. He wasn't used to being welcomed to homes, what was he supposed to say in those scenarios? "Thank you," He said running his blue eyes over the house. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but the two-story house wasn't it. It was... nice. Not that it was surprising to him that she had a nice house, it just was... well, he expected something different. Well, no, he wasn't sure what he had been expecting.

Hoping out of the speeder, Verrin was caught by surprise when a blond, older, man came out of the house to meet them. He thought it was her father until she told him who it was, "Nice to meet you, Mr. Antuan," he said trying to be as polite as possible as he was a little nervous about meeting [member="Kayla Christman"]'s family in their own home.... When Antuan nodded to him, Verrin was quite sure how to take that. Was that a hello? Was it approval? Was it an, 'okay, but I am too busy to deal with him right now' nod?

"Alright," Verrin said a little put-off by why her grandfather was such a large concern. Did he not like company? Or was he supposed to introduce himself to the patariach first? "Anything I should know before I make a fool out of myself?"

Kayla glanced at [member="Verrin Ris'To "]for a moment when Antuan returned again for the last bag of items before vanishing again. "Don't take that the wrong way. He lost his wife recently. He's still sort of stuck in his own world." Uncle Antuan was a politician like his father, educated at the highest possible lessons credits could afford. He had the manners most Tatooine couldn't identify and he could easily have gone to court of any nobility or royalty and fit among them easily.

But he had lost his wife not long ago and that was still grieving in his own way about it. The family had talked about it recently and decided to give him some more time with it before seeing whether they had to intervene and shake him out of it. He wasn't all lost though, still helping around the house, like with the droids he'd now fix up as Zhanna has taught him for the duration of their marriage.

Hearing his question, Kayla looked back at Verrin. Anything he needed to know before he made a fool of himself? "Uhh... any chance you can be less Jedi and more common appearing?" It was worth a shot since Verrin asked. Hopefully he wouldn't take her question in the wrong way. It was also an attempt on her part to not rush realizations on her grandfather's end even though Kayla wasn't actually capable of lieing. She could not mention it for a bit but beyond that, she knew and everyone in household that it wouldn't last very long.

Antuan came out again, this time with empty hands as he approached Verrin. 'Apologizes for my earlier manner,' he said to the stranger and extended his hand towards him. He glanced at Kayla with a slightly raised eyebrow as he said: 'Your grandfather says that once you're done playing host, he'd like you to introduce him to your newest project.' Kayla blushed slightly at that little remark, realizing her Uncle had already taken the liberty of telling her grandfather about their guest. And the little remark had much to do with the fact that this wasn't the first time she'd done something like this. She liked helping people and she liked inviting them over if she felt she cold trust them enough. Clearly, the choice of words though said two things. Antuan hadn't mentioned the robes and Grandpa was in good mood today. Both promising facts.

Antuan had his sympathies, but Verrin could not even begin to imagine how it must be like to lose someone they loved. Any feelings he had on Antuan's actions were wiped away with that small amount of information. How could he possibly judge a man on a loss that Verrin could never hope to understand? He almost asked if there was anything he could do, but he refrained from doing so. There wasn't anything he could do, and his offer could very well just open up barely covered scars and that wasn't the best way to start off his stay with [member="Kayla Christman"] and her family, "Oh, I... I see," Verrin managed to say not really sure what to say in the situation.

Verrin looked down, feeling slightly self-conscious of his robes. Less Jedi-like? He had never attempted to hide he was a Jedi in his entire life, but the robes were a dead give away, "I can take off the robes?" Verrin suggested, pulling the edge down to reveal simple, plain black shirt along with his black dress pants. Not very Jedi-like, but hiding his Saber wouldn't be easy, maybe he could clip it to the inside of his pants? He wasn't sure why she was asking, wasn't her mother a jedi? So... it shouldn't be a problem, could it?

Lost in his thoughts, he did not notice Antuan walking up to him, and his mind barely caught on as he apologized and extended his hand, "It is fine, no harm done," Verrin said brushing off the widows apology as he shook the offered hand. Newest Project? So she did this kind of thing often? With all the Jedi she met or just people she thought seemed nice enough? Did it really matter? She was out helping people and that said more about her character then who she was helping, "Project? No needles I hope," he said more then aware that it was not... a very good joke, but given what he had been told of Antuan, he felt the need to try and stay light and positive if only in hopes that it would make him feel more at ease.

[member="Verrin Ris'To"] had plain clothes under the robes? Kayla titled her head the sight of it and began to laugh. She couldn't believe he'd kept the heavy robes in this heat, in this time of day even. But she was also grateful for it. "You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble in this heat if you'd done that earlier," Kayla pointed out. Sure, the black wasn't again the bestest of options but it was a far better one than adding the robes over it. "Thank you," she managed to mutter before her Uncle joined them again.

"Thanks, Uncle," she said, somewhat displeased the surprise had been given. "But I'm gonna get some food first. Grandpa can surely wait for a bit." It wasn't so much that she wanted to be disrespectful but she needed a break and probably needed to explain a thing or two before taking her new friend to meet the patriarch of the family. And the remark about Verrin being her new project wasn't at all nice. Which she wasn't even sure how he'd taken. Antuan merely shrugged, and left them alone, retreating into one of the downstairs doors.

Instead, Kayla motioned to Verrin to follow her, taking him to smaller set of stairs. "You hungry?" She asked just before reaching the doors and opening them. "I'm kinda starving. And I imagine you'd like to know what that was all about." The robes or even the project thing. Both were probably confusing enough. But Kayla was willing to explain them, as soon as they were out of the heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom