Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Samhein-class Stealth Freighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
seaturtleblack.jpg

Image Source: https://dawnofthejed...turtleblack.jpg
Affiliation: Aurora Industries
Manufacturer: Aurora Industries
Model: Samhein-class Stealth Freighter
Modularity: None
Production: Limited
Material: Stygium, TibannaX, Durasteel, Tinted Transparisteel
Classification: Freighter

Length: 35 meters

Width: 35 meters

Height: 7 meters

Armament:
One quad laser cannon

Hangar:
None

Special Features:
Standard ship systems (navi-computer, com and sensor arrays, life support)
Weaker than average shields
Two escape pods in the rear
Gravitic Modulator
Thermal Dissipater
Thrust Trace Dampers
Stygium cloaking device
Modified TibannaX engines
A-XX 200 Otherdrive (for use in emergencies only or transporting goods to Aurora facility in Otherspace)

Maneuverability Rating: 2 (3.5 when fully loaded with cargo)
Speed Rating: 2 (3.5 when fully loaded with cargo)
Hyperdrive Class: .5

Strengths:
+ Stealth systems to remain undetectable
+ Fast and agile
+ Large cargo space (400 metric tons)

Weaknesses:
+ Hardly any weapons at all
+ Relies on stealth for defense, armor and shielding is not very strong

Description:

As part of Project Galvani, Taeli decided that Aurora Industries needed a secure way to transport Sianium and other sensitive materials and technology from facilities around the galaxy. She wanted something fast and agile, with cloaking capabilities, and that is what she got.

The Samhein-class Stealth Freighter is designed to carry 400 metric tons of material in its cargo hold. Boasting impressive speed and maneuverability, the true defensive feature of the ship is the stygium cloak and other stealth systems the ship is equipped with. The engines have been modified to run off TibannaX, but can't accept other fuel systems, while thrust trace dampers, gravitic modulators, and thermal dissipators protect it from many different types of scans. However, magnetic scans can detect the ship and reverting from hyperspace will certainly be detected by scanners.

However, the Samhein-class has to rely on stealth and speed during any hostile actions as the armor of the ship is very light and it only has one quad laser cannon for weaponry.

Development Thread:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/80387-fast-and-hidden(built and tested a prototype with the improved engines and stealth systems)
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/72415-its-been-a-long-time/(obtained the TibannaX for the engines)
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/77677-peek-a-boom/(obtained the stygium for the cloak)
Intent: To develop a secure ship that can transport Sianium and other important Aurora projects without being detected by hostile forces
Who Can Use This: Aurora Industries only
Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Well, I'm not wild about how you guys handled the Kelsier system, and the latest dev thread is pretty bare, but there's no question you put in the work overall.
  • If you want more comprehensive stealth, I'd recommend tossing on thrust trace dampers and making the hull out of something nonmetallic. And you're still going to show up on hyperspace reversion sensors, just so you're aware.
  • Your dimensions don't really fit the image -- intentional?
  • Armament says quad laser, description says dual laser.
  • Can you explain in the description what's modified about the TibannaX engines? Or is it just that they're modified to use TibannaX? Can they use normal fuel as well?
  • Can you link to the Otherdrive?
  • Probably best to at least mention shields in the 'standard ship systems' thing.
  • This sucker maneuvers like an A-wing when empty and a Y-wing when full. It can match an X-wing for speed and agility. But I'll let it pass, because a ) you did a ton of dev, b ) I can think of at least one Admin running around in a speed-1 freighter this size with less dev than you, c ) you've got serious limitations here, and d )
  • ...I swear there was a d. I think it was a good reason. Oh yeah -- limited production. Yeah, resolve the points above and I don't have a problem with stamping this. It's clearly not a combat ship, and we like non-combat ships 'round these parts.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Let's see if I addressed everything, I think I did but just gonna double check:
  • Added the thrust trace dampers, but left it as durasteel so there is still a way to detect it with magnetic sensors
  • Boosted the length and width to try and match the image
  • fixed the dual laser in description to quad
  • Engines just were modified to run off TibannaX, nothing else
  • Linked the Otherdrive
  • Added it has weaker than average shields
Yep, that's everything and also my apologies for messing with the Kelsier system that way. Tried to do research on its background, but couldn't find as much as I wanted before we started the thread

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Pirates (and probably you guys) would have been annihilated by cloaked, pissed-off, paranoid, Wild Space Echani, just for future reference, lol.

As for size, I'd scale it back. I can't stamp a speed-2 corvette, and that's basically what you've got here. Your picture is a Ghtroc 720 freighter: 35m long, 35m wide, about 7m tall.

Everything else looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom