Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Same, but Different

C R U S A D E R
CONCORD DAWN
Alex Eldar
qKprTT1.png
Home.

Wasn’t much other than being a backwater agricultural world in the Outer Rim near Mandalorian space, but it was better than most. Despite it being known as that it did, however, had some relevance throughout its history.

Relevant enough to attract thugs and other elements of scum. An endless war between law and crime, though it seemed to be evolving everyday. Considering the political dynamics between the superpowers dominating the stars there seemed to be an angle to involve crime lords and their lackeys, making a credit from the spoils and destruction of war. Unconventional and smart, but not on these grounds he would allow that. Adenn’s father, Vilaz, always made sure to uphold the laws of Concord Dawn as their clan inhabited its lands.

The young Munin would continue that tradition.

First a quick drink of tihaar at his usual cantina, always spending whatever leisure of time when returning back from his personal raids and battles the Empire was involved in.

“Ah! Adenn…same as always?”

“As if you need to ask, Nahlar.”

“Of course…though don’t know if some changeling will take your form.”

“Yeah…good point.”

“Hmph, anything exciting after this?”

“No…except clean up some things around here. You know, the scummy bits…”

Alex Eldar

A

What was home?

Everything was so upheaved for the longest time that Alex could not consider anywhere proper home anymore. Concord Dawn fit the bill well enough, however and most of her troops came from it in anyway. It just made sense for her to house here as well.

Not that she was capable of settling anymore.

Not since that day on Nirauan.

Field promotions and being thrown through buildings by a sonic wave while your intestines burst would kind of leave a scar, after all. Cybernetics can't heal everything.

Alcohol could dull it for a while at least.

She was sitting in the corner of the bar, sipping on a whiskey while her helmet rested on the table, when her blue gaze caught sight of a very annoying thorn making his way into the bar.
"Ugh." she grumbled, setting down her drink.

The convo with Nahlar drifted across the quiet bar well enough. Some people really had to work on their execution of conversations.

“No…except clean up some things around here. You know, the scummy bits…”

Lex let out a snort.
"You sure you can clean up scum if you can't even keep your ears clean, Munin?" she quipped, leaning back in her chair with a smirk as she regarded him, red hair lending some extra spark to her words. He'd been efficient enough against the blues on Nirauan, but that didn't mean she was particularly fond of the guy.

Though she had to admit she wasn't fond of anyone to be precise.

ricdivmetal.png

C R U S A D E R
CONCORD DAWN
Alex Eldar
qKprTT1.png

CAPRICHO
"You sure you can clean up scum if you can't even keep your ears clean, Munin?"

That voice was familiar.

Too damn familiar.

“Oh,” he said almost with disappointment in his voice. As if he was thrilled to see this particular person again. Unironically, he actually thought her obnoxiously lax behavior would get her killed against the blue devils on Nirauan. It was quite strange, in all honesty. Obviously, he put an importance on his culture and the lives of Mandalorians, but only for the strong and disciplined. Clearly, Alex and Adenn were from the same tree, but different branch. He considered it luck she came out alive from Nirauan, and luck was not strength.

“Hmph, if only your jokes were as good as your beskad,” naturally retorting back at her. “Should ought to leave the fighting to the strong and focus on your next standup gig,” still staring down Alex, maybe she was getting a laugh at this. A shot of tihaar was passed his way by Nahlar, the barkeep observing the two Mandalorians. Right on time too, something to help to endure Alex’s demeanor.

“What brings you to my turf, Eldar? Farming?”

Last edited:

Alex Eldar

A

“Hmph, if only your jokes were as good as your beskad. Should ought to leave the fighting to the strong and focus on your next standup gig,”

Lex smirked at him, still leaning back in her chair, feet kicked out in front of her.
"If only your brawn was as sharp as your wit, then this sector might have repelled the Sith." she shot back, smirk still on her face. She had to silently admit, however, that he was a decent warrior. The Concordian had surprised her.

“What brings you to my turf, Eldar? Farming?”

She snorted as she propped her feet onto the table and crossed her fingers over her stomach.
"Why? You feel threatened by my mere presence here, Munin?" she teased. "Relax. I'm just here to drink and sleep until the 16's next deployment." she eventually continued.

She wasn't above a good rat-hunt, however.

"You need help on your vermin problem?"

lexdiv.png

C R U S A D E R
CONCORD DAWN
Alex Eldar
qKprTT1.png

POSSE
She was strange for a Mandalorian. Usually he would come into fights against other warriors when questioning their character or their clan. He’d win some fights, he’d lose some. So much for a united Mandalore against the Galaxy when he was stuck up in his own pride and arrogance. Doubting clansmen such as Skiratas, Ordos, Caderas, and the likes which didn’t believe in a union of Mandalorians conquering the Galaxy.

“Like hell I’d be threatened by a jokester,” raising an eyebrow at Alex, still…weird about her calm character. Taking his shot glass of tihaar and then drowning it in one shot, feeling the burn in the back of his throat. He was surprised to hear her offer for help as he was never accustomed to asking for it. Hardly he did as he would always feel less of himself.

“Sure, since you’re offering,” accepting her offer. “Give me another shot, Nahlar. For the road,” and to help him tolerate Alex’s quippy personality. “You got everything you need? I don’t want inconveniences on the way out.”

Alex Eldar

A

Surprisingly, he accepted her offer.

Her smirk softened ever so slightly as he downed his drink. She'd never say it out loud, but he wasn't the worst Mando'ad she had come across. On the contrary, he was one of the better ones.

“You got everything you need? I don’t want inconveniences on the way out.”

Lex raised her brows as she downed her own drink.
"I don't need a plethora of gear like you, Munin. A Mandalorian is more than his armour, after all." she quipped as her feet dropped to the ground and she set the empty whiskey glass on the table.

Rising to her feet, her blue eyes grinned at him.
"You coming, Princess?" she asked him, smirk still on her face as she picked up her helmet and headed for the door.

lexdiv.png

C R U S A D E R
CONCORD DAWN
Alex Eldar
qKprTT1.png
Another shot of tihaar was presented to him, not hesitating on drinking its contents whole. Burning sensation again was felt, but it was more tolerable than the first.

"You coming, Princess?"

“With that mouth of yours, I’m surprised no one has sewn it up or broken your teeth.”

And wipe off that annoying smirk, too.

The tihaar did him little favors in adjusting his mood in making him tolerable and more open to Alex. Maybe he’d have to drown a whole bottle just to get there.

He followed out of the cantina, paying Nahlar for the drink, and his helmet in his hand.
“As far as I understand, you are my sidekick. Just to make sure we’re on the same page, alright? Kinda like a sheriff and deputy relationship,” staring at her, waiting for the next witty quip she had to offer. He was expecting her to laugh at him.

“You got a speeder or a swoop? Or do I have to make room for one more?”

Alex Eldar

A

“With that mouth of yours, I’m surprised no one has sewn it up or broken your teeth.”

Alex stopped and fixed a straight face on him.
"Many have tried. Guess where they are now." she deadpanned, spinning a knife between her fingers for emphasis before landing it back into a sheath. "Smile, Munin. This Galaxy's tough enough without you souring it even more."

She'd learned that the hard way.

“As far as I understand, you are my sidekick. Just to make sure we’re on the same page, alright? Kinda like a sheriff and deputy relationship,”
"Of course. Anything but raining all over your fragile ego." she quipped. On the battlefield, roles were reversed after all.
“You got a speeder or a swoop? Or do I have to make room for one more?”

A sly smile spread on her face.
"Depends. I can always make you look bad by riding my Basilisk." she suggested. "Otherwise you'll have to make peace with me riding with you."

Choices choices. Which would be the lesser evil?

lexdiv.png

C R U S A D E R
CONCORD DAWN
Alex Eldar
qKprTT1.png
Well, he certainly got her to wipe off that smirk when she stared at him with a much more serious face. Here he thought all her facial expressions were just giving smug looks with her witty quips. It was good to know she was capable of other emotions. Frankly, he did picture her giving a grin to anyone she killed which was a horrid thing to think of.

A moment afterwards, and she was back to her quips and grins. Calling his ego fragile? Reputation and pride were important traits which centered around their culture. It was how he garnered respect from his clansmen and from others outside of his clan. Addnn didn’t think he placed himself on a pedestal looking down upon others. No, he fought and worked for his position. Truly, it was annoying not having others recognize that.

"Depends. I can always make you look bad by riding my Basilisk." "Otherwise you'll have to make peace with me riding with you."

Clearly and obviously he wasn’t going to ride on her basilisk and be driven around. Surely he’d receive unwanted comments from the locals and from his own. Besides that wasn’t subtle to assignment they dealing with.

“Alright, we’ll take my swoop. It’s much better than taking a war droid,” rolling his eyes at her sly smile. A feel for the land by ground was better than being a hawk in the sky. “Well, c’mon.” Walking to the side of the establishment they were in to find a rugged, custom swoop. “Try not to scratch the paint, I built it myself,” warning her before mounting the vehicle. A small holoprojector was in his hands, emitting a blue map gif for the two of them to see.

“We’ll be heading to another town east from here, and it’s a shithole full of scum. Just a fair warning. Need to get some info that’s crucial to this hunt.”

“Do me a favor and hold on tight, would be a shame to see you flying off from the bike,”
sarcasm in his tone.

Alex Eldar

A

Lex bit back a snort as she put on her helmet and followed him.

Despite still being Mandalorian herself, she had forgotten that not all of the Mando'ade are soldiers that can take a jab in stride. It was like walking in a twilight world - Mando'ade but not.

The white beskar'gam in the style of the 501st armour hanging in her room when she was wearing her own set, proved that.

A double life.

She was deep in her own thoughts when they reached a custom swoop. Her reservations about Adenn aside, the swoop was a proper build - she had to give him that.
“Try not to scratch the paint, I built it myself,”
"On this very rare, once-off occasion, I have to tell you not bad, Munin. She's a good piece." she said, standing next to the bike, looking the vehicle up and down before turning her attention to the map he held out.
“We’ll be heading to another town east from here, and it’s a shithole full of scum. Just a fair warning. Need to get some info that’s crucial to this hunt.”
"Good, you'll fit in nicely there, then." she said, mounting up behind him.
“Do me a favor and hold on tight, would be a shame to see you flying off from the bike,”
She did snort this time.
"You'll have to drive faster than your wit for that to happen. Besides, I know how to use a jetpack unlike you." she quipped. "You'll have to think of other ways to dispose of me." she added just for an extra jab, but she reluctantly curled her arms around his broad form anyway.

She expected the annoyed lurch of the bike as Adenn sped them off in the direction of the hole of scum and remained firmly in her seat behind him.

At least he drove faster than an elderly woman which won him some silent points.

lexdiv.png

C R U S A D E R
CONCORD DAWN
Alex Eldar
qKprTT1.png

BANDITOS

A rise of…victory? If that’s what it could be called, rose up throughout his chest when Alex mounted behind him and wrapped her arms around him. Definitely some red on his cheeks, but thankfully he had a helmet to veil that away from her. The less of the quips, the better for him. It only lasted for a few moments as his heart beat returned to normal and his cheeks returned to their natural pigmentation.

There were no brakes, metaphorically, as the swoop raced to great speed. Even if there wasn’t something urgent, he would still be reckless in how fast he drove his swoop. The only way to stop was to crash into something or Adenn decelerating their speed. The latter wouldn’t happen until they had come close to the town.

At least Alex could handle his drift as she still clung on to him.

“Almost there-“

Only to be cut off when a swoop gang of bandits arrived, firing at the duo. These plains were infest with their kind, and they always have. Making trade and kind of transportation dangerous and expensive. Wouldn’t be until they make it to the town or neutralize them that they’d have a smoother ride.

“Well!? Can you get a shot on them or what?” Some urge in his voice as he talked to Alex. Sure, they were wearing impervious armor, but that didn’t matter if they rolled off from the bike and into the earth. Critical injuries or death could follow.

Alex Eldar

A

Of course a ride can't be done unhindered.

Lex gave a sigh behind her helmet. On the battlefield even when not on the battlefield - it never ended.
"Yeah, don't worry. I'll save your ass." She let go of Adenn as her jetpack kicked to life and she took the air, pulling her pistols as she went.

Drawing the attention of their assailants, she sped towards them as their bolts harmlessly rebounded from her armour. Halfway to them, she ducked her head and sent a jetpack missile toward them before following it up by raining particle bolts down on those still moving.

She made a swooping arc before catching up with Adenn as his swoop travelled through the wreckage and settling back onto the back mid-ride.
"Happy now, Princess?" she asked as she held onto him again. Trust a shocktrooper to make short work of it.

She did, however. press a button on her vambrace while her arms were around her unfortunate companion to summon Hacks, her Basilisk, to have him follow more obscurely and further behind.
"It helps to invest in a War Droid for all those not-planned instances." she half-quipped at Adenn as Hacks' confirmation came through, but there was some of her initial bite missing in the comment.

They sped into the spit-puddle of a town while Hacks touched down a ways outside of the cesspit and out of sight.
"You really think we'll get straight answers out of this place?" Lex asked him before they came to a stop outside some building. She was no true underworld expert, but even her limited mind told her that they would get only lies and an ambush.

The reservations in Munin's methods ran high.

lexdiv.png

C R U S A D E R
CONCORD DAWN
Alex Eldar
qKprTT1.png

BANDITOS

Part of him hoped the bandits would humble her, only to be disappointed with his expectations as she obliterated them with a rocket and find herself back behind him.

"Happy now, Princess?"

He could just jerk the swoop a little bit, see if that would give her the message. His chance flew away as he hesitated and with it came the arrival of her basilisk. He smile shook of his head and a sullied face as this would clearly attract attention to them.

So much for being subtle.

“Hey, maybe make some more noise with that thing, I don’t think outlaws heard ya.”

Giving his own quip on the spot, couldn’t think of anything else to say as he was focused enough with driving them to the town. Finally they arrived to the settlement, and upon entering things weren’t exactly as the other town they were at. Too loud and lots of activity going on, it didn’t take a genius to figure out the kind of atmosphere this town had. The local Protectors were paid off which was why it continued its illicit operations, under the condition things would be tamed and mild. Anything coming out from it would result to capital punishment.

“Yeah, I’m sure. As long as you’ve got the credit for it…or something else more valuable,” he looked back at her as they dismounted from the swoop, before taking point and leading her inside the establishment. “Things here don’t work in other places like Coruscant, ya know? They’re not bound to credits being the only thing of value and worth. They got guidelines, but not rules. Just have to be smart on how to survive here.”

Inside the building which was set up to be a tavern, full of loud men, hookers, drugs, alcohol, and other vices. Some eyes were drawn to them for a moment.

“There,” pointing out to a table with a bloody red Devaronian and his lackeys at his side. Perfect depiction of the devil or some demonic entity. “Time to best the devil,” and hope to not burn himself; one can be in the fire and not burn, if they knew what they were doing. Walking over with each step making the horned humanoid grow a smile wider and wider, retaining it as Lok and Alex sat down at the table.

“Howdy…Kizal.”

“Hmph, ya know the rules, Munin…helmets off. I don’t like dealing with masked people. Cowards hiding from simple honesty and decency.”

Alex Eldar

A

"Hey, maybe make some more noise with that thing, I don't think outlaws heard ya."

"Shut up and drive, Munin. You'll thank me for that firepower-on-call later." Alex deadpanned instantly, not missing a beat. She would have like to punch him, though, had they not been traveling at such a high speed. Ungrateful bastard.

They finally came to a stop in front of an unimpressive building and dismounted.
“Things here don’t work in other places like Coruscant, ya know? They’re not bound to credits being the only thing of value and worth. They got guidelines, but not rules. Just have to be smart on how to survive here.”
"And you figure you're smart." Another smirk behind her helmet. "Hate to break it to you, Munin...or no, I don't....but you aren't." Technically he was, but he didn't have to know that.

The cantina was was overflowing with vices when they entered, so the sudden hush by some were quite noticeable. Steel-blue eyes darted back and forth behind her helmet as Lex scanned the bar. It took all her self-control to not let her hand flex towards her holster as she followed Adenn over to a particularly sly-looking Devaronian.

“Howdy…Kizal.”

“Hmph, ya know the rules, Munin…helmets off. I don’t like dealing with masked people. Cowards hiding from simple honesty and decency.”
Shabuir, I'll show you what this fucking coward can do with your intestines. Alex bit back a snarling sigh before she reached up and removed her helmet, stormy eyes burning daggers into the Devaronian.

Munin better be right about this.

lexdiv.png

C R U S A D E R
CONCORD DAWN
Alex Eldar
qKprTT1.png

MALO

They complied to his demands; had it not been the first time, he would’ve raged in a fit. Pride and egoism…thinking back on that fact, Alex was right about his fragile ego. Of course, with time he matured to have more control over those emotions, but there was still gaps to cover.

He could see Alex’s eyes glaring at the Devaronian, and it was the first time he’s ever saw with such emotions. Hard to believe with his own eyes and was strange to not see her calm, yet smug eyes. Strange that he was the calm one between them as he had dealt with Kizal. If things went south, there was always her basilisk to call upon. The only thing he’d worry about were the long term consequences.

“I’m looking for some information, Kizal. Bandits tormenting voyagers, kidnapping them and selling them for ransom. I’m sure they’re operating here or somewhere nearby, and we both know the Journeymen up here ain’t worth shit,” the honorable lawmen in this town tarnished the name they bore. Other Protectors weren’t like them as their morals and values outweighed any vices.

“Never considered you as the savior type, Munin. Especially since you’re so damn good at killing and raiding folks.”

“I’m only doing my job, Kizal. Ain’t much to it,” trying to act all tough and confident in the face of the devil.

“Sounds bull to me, almost like you’ve got a clash of personality or some shit. Wonder if your gal appreciates that.”

“Quit your stalling, yeah? I ain’t got your time.”

“Alright then, I’ve had my fun. Shouldn’t have to tell you how this works, but maybe to your woman.”

“She ain’t part of this, Kizal.”

“Then you probably shouldn’t have brought her in the first place. So you can beat it or get over it.”

A heavy sigh came out from him as his attention went to Alex. Wasn’t expecting this from the Devaronian, then again the devil enjoyed culling beskar or anything of worth from Mandalorians as their weight was worth more than gold. “Give me a moment, yeah?” Then went to stand up and gestured Alex to follow to a corner booth of the tavern.

“So basically,” getting right to the point and not beat around the bush, “the prick likes to gamble. He won’t be bribed or anything, he gambles for things to make him talk. He’s the only good info broker out here which makes him a greedy bastard. We can leave and find another way.”

“Sorry for bringing you into that.”

Alex Eldar

A

This Devaronian was royally getting on her nerves now.

The conversation between him and Munin just had the Shadow bristling more and more. No soldier would stand for this insolence. Why should a Mando'ad?

Alex was just about to snarl at the scum that she was nobody's woman when Adenn intercepted deftly.
“Give me a moment, yeah?”
If Lex could hackle before she turned to follow Munin to the corner booth.
"Give me one good reason not to shove a knife through his skull, Munin." she growled.
“So basically, the prick likes to gamble. He won’t be bribed or anything, he gambles for things to make him talk. He’s the only good info broker out here which makes him a greedy bastard. We can leave and find another way.”
Alex heaved an annoyed sigh through her nose. She would get the fucker to talk by gambling his life before his eyes, but that could take days, even weeks.
“Sorry for bringing you into that.”
That took the wind right out of her sails. It was the most sincere he had been since they had crossed paths on the battlefield months ago. For that small courtesy, she could at least give him a chance before embedding a blade in the devil's head.

"Do you think there is another way or is this it?"

lexdiv.png

C R U S A D E R
CONCORD DAWN
Alex Eldar
qKprTT1.png
He had to give respect to her for not going berserk and being understanding. She could’ve said worse to Adenn at this time alone, but she was calm. Too calm to make a witty comment, or maybe to angry. Probably a combination between the two.

"Do you think there is another way or is this it?"

“There’s more ways, yeah, but this would be much more efficient. I typically go this devil fucker before finding another way,” almost laughing at his own words in how he referred to Kizal. “I’ve won some and I’ve lost some, not everyone is a winner. If that makes you feel better.”

“But we’re in it together. If you ain’t down, we can give him the bird and move on. You tell me.”
Despite his flaws, he was a team player and looked after others. Some parts of him were golden, but preferred to dull it out and have a different appearance of himself to others.

Alex Eldar

A

“There’s more ways, yeah, but this would be much more efficient. I typically go this devil fucker before finding another way, I’ve won some and I’ve lost some, not everyone is a winner. If that makes you feel better.”

Lex chewed on her bottom lip for a heartbeat as she weighed the odds. It definitely wasn't ideal. It was degrading to say the least.

“But we’re in it together. If you ain’t down, we can give him the bird and move on. You tell me.”

Stormy eyes found his. He was definitely being oddly nice. Was there actually a human heart underneath all that bravado? There may be hope for him yet.
"Fine." she agreed. "But I might still embed a blade in his horned skull if things don't go our way." she then added with a grumbling pout. "We're Mando'ade, not craven Rodians. You need to teach this guy a lesson." Her voice was low with this, for his ears only before she motioned for him to lead them back to the Devaronian.

She may trust Munin to know what he was doing, but Kizal's devilish grin as they approached did not lower her desire to mount the Devaronian's head on a spike.

Eyes flashed dangerously as she took a seat at the table.

"Get this over with, sleemo."

lexdiv.png

C R U S A D E R
CONCORD DAWN
Alex Eldar
qKprTT1.png
It was ironic he’d bark back at another Mandalorian, but wouldn’t even have the same attitude with a scummy outsider. Mainly because he had already dealt with the Devaronian and knew how to work around someone like that. He could’ve killed him a long time ago, but found his certain skills to be useful. If he ever found another info broker better or as good, then he wouldn’t hesitate in giving a piece of his own mind to him.

Ultimately, Alex decided to go with the risky path in dealing with Kizal. She wouldn’t know, but Adenn would make sure to take the fall if she was collateral. The pair walked back to the table, helmets still off as they sat opposite from Kizal.

“What’s the game this time?”

“Liar’s dice. Remember the rules? Hopefully ya lady friend knows ‘em, too.”

“Yeah, and she’s familiar with most gambling games.”

“Excellent, and I’ll have one of my associates join in with me. Just to make things even.”

Twenty dice and four cups were brought out on the table, each player given five dice and a cup.

“What exactly will you wager?”

“Some disruptor weapo-“

“No good, I know you Mandos can make a dime a dozen of that weaponry. Something of value to ya.”

He knew where he was getting at. Wanted something invaluable to all Mandalorians. Beskar.

“I’ll wager my beskad…and my shoulder piece to cover her,”
in that moment he slammed his cup full of dice on the table, after shaking it. He knew Kizal would demand Alex to wager. Adenn wouldn’t give him or her the chance.

“The die is cast.”

nP7hlri.jpg

Sitting by a booth with her feet on the table, Ceres casually watched the comings and goings in the bar. Her skull was still painted on from the last job, but she wasn’t going to risk washing it off in a place like this. The less the Devaronian knew about his snazzy new merc, the better. She reached out to lift a shot of whiskey to her lips before filling it up with the bottle on the table.

Things shifted in the bar when people went quiet for a slight moment. Ceres lazily glanced over to the door before her eyes went wide at the sight of two Mandos walking in. She hoped she didn’t have to square off with the tin cans, Kizal wasn’t paying nearly enough for that.

She watched with her glass to her lips as they walked over and exchanged words with the boss before finally taking a seat. She knew what was up. With a sigh she glanced over to another merc watching the exchange, giving him a nod to the table before she heaved herself out of the seat. Combat boots thumping with every step, she made her way over to the table as she lit a cigarette.

”Your broad looks a little under the weather, Mando. You screwed up last night?” She quipped as she stood behind the empty chair. Without looking up, she watched the other merc lean against the wall behind the Mandos, giving her a nod. ”Never met a Mando in my life who’s a good liar, so I’m hopin’ I get a cut of that Beskar, boss.” She flashed a grin at the Devaronian as she picked up the dice and shook it around in the cup.

Blowing a plume of smoke at the two Mandos, she slammed her cup down on the table and sat back. ”Ready to rock, jack?” She glanced at the man before eyeing the woman with a grin, knocking her cigarette against the table.

Adenn Munin Adenn Munin Alex Eldar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom