Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech SAM-20 'Nexu' Maser Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
Dark_Nova__Mil_Wpns__M_91_by_Breandan_OCiarrai.jpg

Intent: To create a Maser rifle for imperial troops to effectively fight against force users developed by the imperial government instead of the Chiss Ascendency.
Manufacturer: Junbei Hao
Affiliation: Galactic Empire
Modularity: Scopes, sights, hand rails, tac lights.
Production: Mass
Materials: Duraplast innards, Durasteel plating

Description: An acronym within an acronym the semi automatic microwave amplification by stimulated emission of radiation aka "The Nexu" is a larger scaled rifle version of the Chiss Ascendancy's Maser pistol. Designed and developed by the imperial government as a replacement for the traditional 'Charric,' the weapon was made to be a more compact rifle made for effective use in both urban combat and tight quarters of star ship hulls. The weapon system uses kinetic energy instead of standard blaster bolts to fight against force using opponents, and is more capable of knocking a lightsaber out of enemy combatants hands if the bolt is blocked than a blaster. The blasts from the gun also cannot be reflected back at the shooter, due to their nature. The Nexu however suffers in long range accuracy due to its more compact size, allowing it mainly to be effective in the proximity of 400 meters on a point target.

Classification: Maser, energy operated, cartridge fed, Semi automatic, hand held, shoulder fired weapon system.
Size: Hand Held (Carbine-size)
Size: 22 inches
Weight: 6 lbs
Range: 400 meters (point target)
500 (Area target)
Rate of fire: 500 rounds a minute
Cartridge size: 40 bolts
Ammo type: Kinetic Charged Particle Energy

Lord Ghoul

L
Cyrus Tregessar said:
The weapon system uses kinetic energy instead of standard blsster bolts to fight against force using opponents by knocking lightsabers out of enemy combatants hands if attempted to block.
It won't knock lightsabers out of their hands every time or nearly every time and can absolutely be blocked. It is more *capable* of knocking lightsabers out of hands than a blaster. Reword, please.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
@[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

So I made the change, which was really just an oversight on my part anyway. But uh, I noticed that I forgot to indicate that it's supposed to be basically unblockable anyway, like the Charric it's based off. Would it be acceptable to make it simply 'very difficult to deflect' rather than emphasizing the kinetic component? Otherwise it's sort of just a souped up blaster, whereas the idea behind it is that it's specifically an anti-Force User gun.

Lord Ghoul

L
The problem comes from your wording. There is a difference between "reflecting" which is to block the bolt and send it back at the shooter, and "blocking" which is merely to ensure that the bolt doesn't hit the lightsaber wielder. While Charrics are unreflectable, they are not unblockable. In that respect, they function similar to a slug thrower. I.E. you can't deflect slugs back at opponents.

Change the wording to "Lightsabers can't reflect"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom