Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salvaging Clarification

Salvaging Rules

Any player with submissions containing restricted materials may recycle those materials for new submissions.

Salvaging a submission destroys that submission.

1. You may only salvage items for items of the same type of item*.
Weapons for Weapons, Armor for Armor, Ships for Ships, etc.

2. You may only salvage items you have submitted. You may not salvage items you have purchased and/or been given.

3. The salvaged submission cannot be unsalvaged and is permanently destroyed. It stays in the Factory only for referential purposes.

4. The salvaged submission must be identified prior to the new submission being Approved.

5. Salvaging will always cause the new submission to drop one level of production, but the new submission will not drop below the level ofUnique.

5. The salvaged submission must be linked in the new submission and will serve the function of the required development thread for the restricted material.
As seen above, any submission that wishes to take the restricted material from another submission of the same time will drop in production and the original submission will be considered destroyed.

The question that has arose is: When making a new submission that uses the original submission (i.e; a suit of armor) with new additions (i.e; a beskar chest plate) in the same way a starship would use a stealth field generator as their special features with a requirement to keep their production below or at the original production level (so really this question applies for both instances) should they be considered to be salvaging the original submission?

Current submissions that are being speculated for this (and one which was previously approved already, after the rule was made) and the original are posted below:
Submissions which use the armor in their submissions:
Similarly there are starships (which I haven't seen any post-salvaging rule) which make use of other submissions, i.e; engines or guns, which use restricted materials as special features, would the answer for the above question as it applies to the armor situation above be the same?

[member="Tefka"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom