Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salvage that kills

Meeting room - Tualin Turnk Station - Home of Gallofree Yards, Inc

She sat in near silence as she waited for her husband's associates to arrive. At the head of a hardwood meeting table, Cla'Mari reviewed the holopad of the prize she sought. Gentech's retreat had been a chaotic one and many of their secrets had gotten away. Many, but not this one. Her connections had led her to discover the location of a treasure ship, or so she hoped. From the reports her husband's contacts had procured a recent derelict that had been found on the very fringe of this system looked to be one of these Gentech vessels. As no logs were obviously taken at the time of it's hurried departure she could only guess what was now board but knowing Gentech it had to be valuable or they wouldn't have tried to evacuate it.

She only needed a few more pieces to form her salvage team. One was rather unkempt looking young man her husband had recommended for his engineering prowess. The other was a rather unique droid that had shown to be not only an accomplished fighter but also a good in a pinch. There may also be others as she knew, but they had yet to confirm their invitation, and she would count them as a bonus at this point if they chose to arrive.

So at the table she waited, drinking an expensive glass of Biituian wine and wondering was was aboard that mysterious ship.

[member="Aerin The Lost"] [member="Singularity"] - Table is set, jump in anytime - Also music above in the link if ya want it.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
A smile was brought to Aerin's face as he docked at the station, so many ships that he was practically drooling over himself. none could compare to his own though in his eyes. "Matey, come with me, Dumpster, stay on the ship and finish that design I gave you." to Aerin it wasn't fair to only bring Dumpster with him all the time, so Aerin brought the little utility droid T3-M80 with him. Aerin checked in with the polite Twi'lek male Secretary and continued to the meeting room which BB had told him to go to, saying something about a GenTech ship that looked extremely ripe for salvage to tempt the engineer.

Surprised to see that it wasn't Bantam himself but rather his new wife [member="Cla'Mari Rha"] Aerin greeted her in his normal manner "Hello Mizz Rha-Bantam nice to meet you in person" A bow of great respect for the woman who owned Gallofree yards was all Aerin could do to keep from tumbling into a giant tornado of questions about the Gallofrey freighters. "your husband busy with other business at the moment?"

[member="Singularity"]

Ulysses

Morality is Subjective
Space was a graveyard, that much was fact. Emptiness peppered with the gruesome reminders of conflict. Debris and wrecks littered its vastness and some were filled with the poor souls who'd served aboard them. However, some of these metal graves weren't completely dead. Maybe new residents had set up shop, or perhaps automated on board security was still active.

That was why Ulysses had been contacted.

He'd usually turn down security work but since this had Kathol Outback in bold on the job description, he made an exception. Plus the money was good, which was always a plus.

So, the veteran combatant now found himself traversing the claustrophic corridors of Tualin Turnk Station. The hefty combat boots he wore thudded loudly with every step as he made his way to the meeting room. The occupants would likely hear him coming before he arrived.

And then he did.

The bounty hunter by trade entered the meeting room silently, though he was bound to draw attention with the scarred, engraved and stenciled combat armour which adorned his body. He folded his arms and leaned back against the nearest wall, gazing over the room's occupants with a slow and piercing, icy-blue, gaze. Finally, he spoke in a voice that hinted at a lifestyle filled with booze and smokes.

"Name's Ulysses," he announced, "I'll be running security on your operation."

[member="Aerin The Lost"] [member="Cla'Mari Rha"]

She still waited for her personal bodyguard to show up. A young human by the name of [member="Xana Lau"], a new hire, this would be a good test to see if she would be trustworthy for future duties. Till then two others had joined her in the and it would be rude to make them wait much longer. Rising from her seat she first addressed the young one who entered first, a scruffy looking male who had identified himself as [member="Aerin The Lost"].

"Nice to meet you Mr. Lost. As my husband and I are newly joined I will forgive that insult once, but only once. I am Cla'Mari Rha, Daughter to the great Phi'More Rha. You may call me your highness, or at worst Mrs. Rha. Never by my husband's common name. As for my groom, he fulfills the sacred duties of the hunt below, should you have any questions you will address them to me understood?"

The second to entered was a more weathered man. [member="Ulysses"] was clearly a warrior of some sort by this tone of voice and gate, but most telling were his icy blue eyes. Like bolts of pure energy, they seemed to flash with danger. Graciously Cla'Mari met his words with a more proper bow as nothing else needed to be said between the two at this time.

Returning to her seat she pulled up an image on the holo-projectors of the meeting table. As the blue image turned she brought up whatever other information she had on it to each man's table screen that came to life at the order. It wasn't much but it would give them something to study while they waited to see if the third guest or any more would arrive.

Make up whatever info you want on the ship itself just keep it vague and spooky ;)

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
Aerin cringed at his mistake when the heiress,[member="Cla'Mari Rha"] , had scolded him on it. He hadn't much experience with royalty and clan systems and the like. in his mind he told himself that he'd never forgive himself and it was displayed blatantly on his face with a crooked and even more wincing smile. "Apologies your highness... I'll make sure it won't happen again."

Aerin then focused on the grizzled man, Aerin knew he'd like him just by looking at him, rugged... handsome... Aerin then focused on the man's words and name " [member="Ulysses"] huh? you a bounty hunter type or old soldier? anywho, le'see about this ship then..." Aerin knew the ship had been floating for a while out there, and had heard (from the polite secretary) that a few others had gone in and hadn't come out since.
"spooky~" "Shush Matey, I'm thinking" the little droid had been hiding behind Aerin when they had heard this news and had decided to pipe up with his two credits in binary at this moment when the ship came on the holoprojector. "so what have we seen go in and have any signals come out..." Aerin was thinking on some of the projects he had seen in the aftermath of Gentech's departure and the damage they could do to some people. "we have anything at all for info, or are we goin in blind?" this was surprisingly close to another incident with genetics labs from hundreds of years ago, but none of them knew about this incident.

A ship dead in the water... and all I can think about is salvage...

"Clear to dock Firebird" Tualin Turnk Station traffic control officer informed Captain Logen Brunner and his crew that they were green to dock.

"Thank you Control!' The corellian smuggler replied back, his right hand pulling back on the throttle to de-accelerate the YT-1300rs sublight drives before shutting them off and letting the ship coast towards the station. Every credit counted, and the captain was thrifty enough to know when to save on fuel when the time permitted such. Logen looked to his right and saw Duke, his dog, sitting in the co pilot chair panting away with excitement while he watched the large station grow bigger in their view upon approach.

He heard a loud growl with a few chirps of barks come from beyond the cockpit, echoing from the main hold. "No Mama! Duke is not sitting in your chair!" Logen deceitfully responded back to the female wookie, named Mamacchi. She had been a mother figure to him since Logen was the age of twelve, so the shorten name of Mama was also a title of affection. The corellian, the dog and the wookie were an odd family, but family none the less, though Mama has threaten to space Duke on more then one occasion. With that in mind Logen looked over to the heavily jowled block headed dog and whispered "You are playing with fire!"

Later after docking............

Logen walked into the board room alone without either of his crew members. He wore a white colored buttoned up dress shirt tucked into his dark baige trousers. A DL-44 heavy blaster pistol was holstered off his right hip and thigh and Logen wore his lucky jacket, an old black correlian leather jacket. The Corellian has a lean, wolfish appearance, with dark hair, glacier blue eyes and a stubble of beard. He confidently eyes the group with in the room. First of all; the twi'lek with the lavender skin was slender and especially attractive to the old man's gaze. Then the human sporting a goatee and bad hair. It was the other man that got a good chunk of his attention, heavily armored and armed, made the smuggle a bit unnerved for this was just a meeting and not a staging area for battle.

He refocused his attention on the lavender beauty who from his contract reports was the one calling the shots " Ello there sweetheart! I am Captain Logen Brunner"

[member="Aerin The Lost"] [member="Cla'Mari Rha"] [member="Ulysses"]

With introductions made, Xana Lau stepped forward from behind the Twi’lek she had been picked to work for in protecting - [member="Cla'Mari Rha"].

Concealing herself in the shadows was simple, and although it wasn’t pitch black where she had been, she had been standing silent and still which was more than enough to not draw attention in a room where attention was diverted to one as pretty as Miss Rha.

Xana walked slowly, hand on her katana sheathe and stood beside Cla’Mari as she sat at the table, unknown faces watching them both. And she had her orders – anyone moves on Cla’Mari, then Xana took them out unless the Twi’lek commanded otherwise. Simple.

She didn’t need to speak; partly because theatrics were a great tool in creating an uneasy air around strangers, but also to give Cla’Mari the respect she needed as she held the floor. Xana had made contact and given the basics of what to look for; white mask and katana blade, so she would know this mysterious woman was the one who had taken on the job of protecting her as she pieced together the power players in the galaxy that was eating itself from the inside out.

[member="Aerin The Lost"] | [member="Ulysses"] | [member="Logen Brunner"]

Sweetheart... was this the "type" of rabble she now needed to deal with. Those comments were ones that would be best suited for the working girls of Clan Hana, not one of her standing. Cla'Mari was almost tempted to signal to [member="Xana Lau"] that here services may be needed now she had slipped in and taken up position as a good bodyguard should. Still the prize she was after was too rich to waste any resouces she currently possessed so instead she just smiled and in a clearly annoyed tone sad.

"Charming... Now that we are all here it is time to discuss the business at hand. You all have been recommended by my many contacts to aid me in the recovery of a derelict Gentech ship. Not the pay will be good because you will not be getting paid a standard fee but rather a cut of the haul. From my research, this is not ordinary frigate, but rather a "treasure" ship, loaded with whatever Gentech was able to fit in it. We all know the wealth Gentech made from Kal'Shebbal and it is my guess a fortune awaits. So these are my terms, 60% will go to Gallofree, the rest to be split among you all. Do we have a deal?"

[member="Xana Lau"] | [member="Logen Brunner"] | [member="Aerin The Lost"] | [member="Ulysses"]

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
"As good a deal as any to me, I'm here to help your highness. what about you Uly, and you old man?" Aerin was still hovering on his questions from before while his droid was still 'shivering' to it's bolts, Aerin was, in essence just there for the thrill of getting the ship scrapped. the credits from the haul were not really concerning to him so he was fine with anything he got out of it. Aerin's hands were at his sides and his face had a genuine smile on it.

[member="Cla'Mari Rha"] / [member="Xana Lau"] / [member="Logen Brunner"] / [member="Ulysses"]

"Aye, we have a deal... Boss!" The corellian captain replied in his attractive smokey tone of voice. The wolfish grin still holding even though he knew he pressed a nerve by calling the boss lady sweetheart. Seems age was not going to slow the old scoundrel down, if it were a job or hustling a pretty lady he was game and new all the steps. Well, he would like to think he knew all the steps, for if he did he wouldn't be broke floating around in a relic of a boat still in desperate need of tender loving care. But so it was, the life of a smuggler, some days you win and some days you don't..... Just lucky that one is still flying and that is all that counts.

He turned his attention to Aerin, smug he was calling him out on his age. "Careful pup, one should be weary of old men in professions where men die young!"

[member="Aerin The Lost"] [member="Cla'Mari Rha"] [member="Xana Lau"] [member="Ulysses"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom