Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salvage and Friendship [Jorus]

Mia pressed a bacta batch against the gash on her arm as she walked, a low hiss escaping her at the sting as she added Darren Shaw to her list of people to kill. She had almost forgotten about him, what with her focus on Velok and with Daxton ever present in the darkest corners of her mind. Sadly, now she would not forget his ugly face. She would not forget that he left her, that he now 'let her live' by way of redeeming himself.

No. Cowards did not get away so easily.

She could feel her face beginning to bruise where his gauntleted punches had caught her, and she let out an annoyed sigh. A poor judgement call on her part to not bring armour, but she had landed enough hits of her own, and if it weren't for the droideka's she may well have done a lot more damage to him than she bore now.

Combat booted feet carried her to the bridge of the Core, the stars still lines across the viewport, she leant against on of the consoles, throwing the tracer back to Jorus, catching sight of the lightening burn on her arm. She clicked her tongue in annoyance and shook her head. "So, you stole yourself a Lucrehulk Core. Big old hunk of junk. Still, solid enough...room for modifications. I thought this hyperdrive on this thing was out?" she said, patting down her pockets for the bacta salve she had snatched up on her way off the Veil.

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

She found him in an ancient Neimoidian commander's chair, cleaning a double-barrelled Beskar scattergun -- one of his forms of meditation. The chair turned as she entered the bridge, and the core ship decelerated from hyperspace to reveal the Omega Neutral Zone and a handful of Silk Holdings construction/repair ships. They converged on the core ship like Sithlings to a holocron.

"Disabled, yeah," he said, and blinked away a hint of hyperlight that might or might not have been radiating from his eyes before he turned around. With a shrug, he leaned the shotgun against the chair and stood, hand outstretched. "Never caught your name last time. I'm Merrill, Jorus Merrill. Warden of the Sky, one o'the founders of Silk Holdings, and part of the Rebel Alliance. On the Omega payroll too, but that's kinda beside the point. An' yours is a face that sticks in the mind, in certain circles. Mia Monroe, Mandalore the Liberator, the lady as marched a fleet up to the Mon Cal shipyards to spit in Tyrin Ardik's eye.

"No love for the Empire, no love at all for the Confederacy, an' I can't imagine you feeling neighbourly t'wards the Fringe Confederation. You want the soft sell or the hard sell? 'Cause the Alliance could sure use you. There's good money if that's your thing -- I can put ya on the Silk Holdings payroll as a sheriff. There's plenty of big nasties ta kill and otherwise befuddle -- and I think you're more than capable of sowin' some confusion. I'm gonna turn this ship into the best center of rebellion since Home One. You want in?"

Droideka 0793

D
Droideka disconnected himself from the super computer with a wistful thought. For a moment his computations had been so vast and his data flow incredible. Turning around in his odd three legged gait he noticed the new organic in the room. She was wounded, but her radiation scan gave her quite the shape. Sending his thoughts to his master's comm link he questioned a few things.

Master query: What are rebels? My friend or for targeting system will require an update.
Master query: Who is the wounded female? She has pretty radiation reading
Master query: I like curving forms... I believe I will learn to make curving forms... yes Tim... Tim the sculptor
Master final query: What is purpose of life?

Mia gave up trying to find the bacta salve, figuring she had failed to pick it up as she believed she had and took Jorus's outstretched hand, the she winced at his recognition of her. For all the things he could call her up on it had to have been Mon Calamari. It was a gesture to spit in any sith's eye. A badly planned gesture that had cost her a lot of men and made her realise the level of her own mental instability. "I have very little love for anyone if truth be told, save my own people." A soft chuckle slipped from her lips at his almost instantaneous attempt to recruit her.

"I'm a dead woman walking, Jorus. I left home to draw eyes away from my people. Believe me when I say you do not want the attention that comes with the likes of me. Besides which, the decision to join you would not be mine alone. The Bard might have a thing or two to say about it considering he's fought tooth and claw to keep me out of the limelight. Only reason I'm here today is because I was beginning to feel like a caged Nexu, that combined with mental instability is never a good thing on ship. Even one as well built as the Veil."

She looked down at the droideka, head tilting in thought. She dreaded to think how long it had been since he had been activated last, its databases would be hugely out of date and reaction times sluggish without a decent update. "I always liked droideka's. Provided you weren't on the receiving end of their fire." Thoughts trailed off on a tangent and her expression glazed for a moment before her head snapped up to look once more at Jorus. "What's your aim?"

@[member="Droideka 0793"]@[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
The operations officer on Liberty's Veil trudged into the bridge behind Mia.

"His aim?" The half-Echani, half-Mandalorian quasi-pacifist hooked his thumbs in his belt. "It's to jeopardize a huge corporation and an even bigger government. You and I, Mia, we've got our skins riding on keeping a low profile. This joker here thinks his cause is worth vastly bigger risks."

His eyes tightened. "Our friend here owns forty-five percent of Silk Holdings. Shipyards, truck stops, the whole Mara Corridor. He's a senior officer in ODF, been on extended leave for long enough to get very rich. He also owns something like thirteen percent of Consolidated Bacta, which does serious business in Fringe space. Not sure if that makes me think of you as a kid or a crazy idealist, Merrill, that you'd risk that much, but it sure proves you're serious...unless you investing in this space, and in Confederate space, and in Empire space, was you laying a foundation all along. If so, you play for big stakes.

"I've got no problem signing on with these folks, Mia, at least for a trial run. There's no way they don't know what's at stake, and they've got resources we could use." He grimaced. "And you need a better techhead than the nine-to-fives on those repair ships. I'mma go get your hyperdrive online."

The Bard stumped off.

Jorus spent the Bard's monologue answering the droideka's questions on his console.

Full IFF update incoming. Female designated Mia Monroe. Curving forms appreciated by most. Purpose of life is to fill your limits and possibilities and become the best and most advanced possible version of yourself.

"Well, that's one perspective," he said with a grunt, as the Bard departed. "My aim's to resist the Empire, the Fringe an' the Confederacy, by whatever means necessary. I doubt we'll win, but it's worth doing anyway. Trust me -- I'm capable of drawing bad-guy attention myself, as are a lot of my friends. The benefit of havin' you two more than outweighs the risks."

Droideka 0793

D
Droideka Tim... yes Droideka Time... like a full name... or should it be Time Droideka... no no no Droideka had to come first! He was first droideka and then Tim after all it made sense! Either way... the curved formed one said she liked him... wait a minute... SHE LIKES ME! With his sudden clarity joy burst into his frame and through his power circuits causing his shield to activate and turn a bright red as it nearly short circuited before he calmed himself. He had a girlfriend!

In his awkward three legged gait he moved over to Mia and rested his 'head' against her as he sent his master his joyous news.

Master! Conclusion: She likes me! MASTER SHE LIKES ME!! i have to pick out wedding colors!
Master: Will you officiate? If God officiates a marriage its sure to be considered legal!

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]@[member="Mia Monroe"]

The blue tunnel of hyperspace and in a flash a construction ship, accompanied by a few smaller repair vessels, burst out and entered the system, approaching the Lucrehulk Core. They were old, dated vessels, no doubt acquired second or third hand on the black market, looking a bit like old TradeFed construction that was now sold at knockoff prices. Perhaps their previous owners would no longer see the light of day because they were buried six feet under. But they were more than geared towards getting the job done and held several engineers. Fake ID signatures and transponder codes.

Standing in the cockpit, cold eyes scrutinising the lines of space as the pilot steered the vessel towards the Lucrehulk was Moira Skaldi, gazing across the star still lines from the viewing port. Here to sign up for another revolution....all for the cause of Truth, Justice and the Corellian Way. Expropriate the expropriators, fight for the liberty of the oppressed against the oppressors...until the liberators turned into the next generation's oppressors because clearly as the vanguard of the revolution they knew best and would need to enrich the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots.

It was such a delightful irony. Going back to a life she had left behind her so long ago. Inevitably her mind flashes back to Contruum. Back to the killing fields, to irregulars and zealous workers being mowed down by mercenaries in the city, a Gunship being blasted out of the sky as her missile impacted, raining down debris as it exploded in a ball of fire...then mercenaries being butchered, bludgeoned to death by the revolutionaries, some beaten and dragged through the streets. The powerful explosion that ripped the shield generator to pieces...the fire could be seen for miles....

It had been beautiful...a contingency plan had been in place to deal with the rebels. No doubt they would have regarded the Republic as a class enemy...but then the Senate chickened out.

She had been steadily drifting back into the twilight world of rebels, ever since making contact with Cora. The Angel of Chaos. Still too naive, zealous, dedicated...one of the very few people Moira did not feel an urge to process...perhaps the only one who mattered.

Either way things might become....interesting soon. Explosively. Peace...bored her. Only conflict made life interesting. People got thrown into the sea and either swam or drowned.

"Hailing the Lucrehulk, ma'am, transmitting codes and requesting docking clearance" the comms officer informed her, pulling her out of her musings, though she paid him no mind. She was dressed like a spacer, a duster that had seen better days thrown over, blonde hair flowing freely over her shoulders, her knife holstered on her thigh, a heavy blaster pistol holstered.

"Ruby calls. The cock has not crowed. We come to toil in the vineyard. Castiel's chains are loosened," she sent the comm message. In broad terms this meant they had not been intercepted and were in the clear, they had brought he tech to help and the moment of rebellion was coming ever closer. It was a prearranged code with the sort of pseudo-religious references Moira liked to indulge in...for, although no one knew this, as she never spoke much of her past, once she had been meant to become a Priestess in the Ecclesia of Artam...before she had discovered baradium. Ruby was the name under she had been known in the underground.

"Excuse me a moment." Jorus grimaced and leaned over to the comm. "The field is white, thrust in your scythe, thus saith Metatron." Recruiting situation in progress, glad to have you aboard, situation under control.
@[member="Moira Skaldi"]

"Fenris howls in the dark," Moira responded, essentially acknowledging his response then cut the connection. "Initiate docking procedures," she ordered the pilot, turning to glance at the techs who had come to help with the repairs and refit. "You know your duties. You will fulfil them. Everything here is strictly classified," she said flatly in her common cold, emotionless tone as frosty as the weather on Hoth. Only Cora got a slightly warmer one. Moira was not a techhead, but she had a way of providing motivation.

Thus cleared the construction vessel approached the Lukrehulk and was quickly steered into the hangar, presumably with some guards to greet it as the landing ramp was lowered. Back to the roots as a terrorist - Moira had no qualms calling herself such, for she liked honest self-evaluation - proof that life moved in cycles.

A smile softened her features at his appearance, Rel's council was something she held dear, as well as the man himself. She watched him go chewing the inside of her cheek in thought, her smile fading slightly. A trial run was doable. If things didn't work out, they still had the Veil, they could still disappear again. "Alright, we'll join you for the time being, but you should know there's a nine mil' bounty on my head and Velok is after my skin, so the least I can show my face the better it is for all of us. Though, I have to ask, I'm a little out of the loop, what's the problem with the CIS and Fringe? Surely their are bigger fish worth frying?"

Before he could answer, a voice came across the comms uttering a code Mia did not understand. An idle hand moved to the head of the droideka that was reasting on her leg. She hadn't missed the bizzare fit it seemed to have. But her focus was on her next move, on their next move. She looked down at it and smiled. "Bet your wires are all twisted up and rusty. Time does strange things to a droids functions."

Eyes moved to meet Jorus's once more. "Didn't take you long to recruit assistance for modifications. Pre planning?"

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]@[member="Droideka 0793"]

Droideka 0793

D
Droideka shivered as he felt her hand against his head. If you've never seen or heard a droideka shiver its a fairly noisy process. In fact the excited shiver had caused him to burst a clear liquid that resided in one of his pressurized limbs started to fall onto the floor. It seems he wouldn't be able to travel form for a bit and was in need of some repairs. He desired to stay near the curvy one, but he also didn't want to spray her with liquid from his hose so he did his awkward gait back towards the super computer.

Master request: I am in need of maintence this excitement was too much for me.

That...droideka. Jorus had no family-friendly words.

Maintenance approved, will perform later or assign to incoming repair/refit crews.

"Feds and Fringe? Well, they're growin', and faster than the Empire. Fringe tortured me before their leader found out and had me released, so maybe it's a little personal, but all the nasties of the universe are out here. They say there's more Masters of the Dark Side in Fringe than in the whole Empire. And the Feds...well, you've met Darren Shaw. They've also got Daxton Bane, who's just a joy to handle, plus some other really sterling characters. That, an' they crushed the labor riots on Hypori, where it's illegal to unionize at all. 'Not our business,' they said. I lost friends on Hypori, and on Geonosis, at Fed hands."

Mia lifted her hand from the droideka as it shivered then retreated awkwardly from her, leaving small pools in the wake of his awkward steps. She opened her mouth to call him back so she could fix him but the mention of Daxton's name drew her attention away. Her face paled as a fresh wave of anger rose up from within. "That son of a-" she caught herself hands covering her face for a moment. "Oh, I know Bane." There was a murderous tone to her voice, a feral glint in her eyes that was saved a for a very small number of people. "There's a mando'a word reserved for people like him. Demagolka. I owe him a very long and painful death."

She turned her back on him, hands moving across the console to bring up a hologram of the Core between them and began system diagnostics, more to do something with her hands as memories began to flick through her mind, some were Velok's memories of Daxton, others were her own nightmares. She closed her eyes for a moment and slowly pushed them aside so she could focus. "You're gonna need a decent crew to sort out repairs on this thing." she said opening her eyes and turning round as the parts of the hologram began to glow red highlighting areas that needed attention.

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

"Even I know that word. Yeah. Bane's priority one, but his nose is clean with the Confederates. One of these days, we'll find a way to kill him.

"And yeah, I've got a decent crew. Those refitting ships are state of the art, got pros aboard, plus my Gypsymoth should be here soon with Iron Giant, Beyyr and Miktik - my crew. The three of'em are top-tier mechanics, a Resu, a Wookiee and a Kushiban. Between them, the refit crews, and your boytoy, this ship'll be ready for anything.

"Now, here's my thought. For this, we've basically got unlimited budget, unlimited options. We could make it into a warship, but I'd rather spec it as a carrier, plenty of room for personal ships, a mobile starport. Heck, I've got no problem with folks customizing bits of it. The refit crews will listen if you decide to make a little spot for you and yours. We're dead serious about having your two on the team, nine mil or no nine mil."

"My what?" she spluttered, cheeks flushing pink as she cast a glanced over her shoulder but Rel wasn't there, and Jorus was already talking plans for the ship. She blinked, shook her head slightly and focused herself, though her cheeks were still glowing somewhat.

"Right. Mobile starport. You've got enough hanger space without a doubt to utilise it as a carrier. I'd advise a decent sized medbay. Some of the lower level conference rooms could be converted. Heck there's enough to bet a good armoury in...training rooms for recruits. If your gonna use it as a base of operation you're gonna need it." She clicked her tongue in thought, mind trailing back to his last point.

"The nine mil is the least of my concern. Bard is good at keeping us hidden and I can deal with most if not all the tricks of the trade. Granted things have changed somewhat since I did any bounty hunting but the general rules remain the same. Velok on the other hand..." she trailed off.

Droideka 0793

D
Droideka watched from the curvy form from his super computer. That was right it was his, only he could integrate after all. So it was his! Plugging himself back in he felt his 'awareness' expand as the incredible amount of computing power in the old super computer was brought to life. Most of its programming seemed damage but that was OK with droideka, as it made it easier for him to reprogram it to listen to him. After a few moments he found the droid control files in his electric road map of a mind. Even as he entered it he realized that he didn't have full sensor control over his droideka body any longer. Obviously his computing and logic functions couldn't be two places at once. It all made great sense to him as he computed it through the super computers thousands of processors.

Of course what he did with them was not nearly as logical. Activating a full company of B-1s he marched the troop to the bridge before his fiancee and god. Boy he was a lucky droideka, he found the love of his life in less then a few hours of being alive, and he met god. This was the life! Being so overcome with joy droideka felt the need to .... dance .. yes... DANCE! HE COULD DANCE!!

The entire company began a very unorganized, and quite ungraceful dance as they collided together and slowly ended up in one giant heap pf B-1 forms. Realizing his error droideka pulled out of the super computer and did his odd gait a step away.

Master lie: I did not do that
Master lie: I do not think that was funny
@[member="Mia Monroe"]@[member="Jorus Merrill"]

@[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Droideka 0793"]

Jorus watched the droideka dance number phlegmatically. "It's, ah, good to see that we've got so many operational and, uh, active droidekas. I've got experts reworking and stabilizing their IFF targeting database. But yeah, we'll throw in all of those, and more. I've got a line on a Ranger transceiver, and my friend Sarge has a few ideas of his own.

"Velok, is it? A death mark from the big guy himself. Well, I wouldn't say I've matched wits with him, but we've worked in similar circles, and I know how to keep him from knowin' things. Plus he, well, he tends to leave me and mine alone -- I've been useful to him in the past, against common enemies, and he to me. I've got no ties to him, don't worry about that, but I'm aware enough of him to keep his fingers out of the Rebel pie. Hope that works for ya."

Mia looked from the pile of B1 droids, to Jorus and then to the droideka and back to the B1 pile. A tilt of her head an a questioning look in Jorus' direction, she opened her mouth to ask 'why' and promptly shut it. Sometimes, it was just better not to know. Sometimes is was better to ignore the signs of an eccentric droid. It wasn't the first she had encountered and nor would it be her last.

"I know. I know a hell of a lot more than I should about a lot of things. You do what you can to make sure he doesn't know I'm here and we'll see just how far we can get by with that." She turned away from him once more a small smile on her face.

"You should give droideka some guidance. Maybe some holomovies to watch, makes it easier for him to understand. Eccentric droids are fun and all, but you need to make sure they know the boundaries."

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]@[member="Droideka 0793"]

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

"Good thing I decided to go for honesty, then." Curiosity burned him up. "Stands to reason that the only thing that gets him off his hairy rear is information. But I'll stop fishin' and start showin' the droideka some films. Might as well cram in a briefing room with some really cushy chairs for film night."

He shrugged as a design and engineering team -- all delicate-looking humanoids -- entered the bridge and began setting up shop to coordinate the rebuilding.

"Yeah, stick around, and let's get all these ideas plugged in. Let's see what we can fit in this thing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom