Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salutations! Now some questions.

Hello all! I've wanted to join a Star Wars RP for quite some time and Chaos seemed like a good fit. I'm pumped to be joining the site and have a few quick questions:

For my character, I'm thinking (if it isn't obvious from my profile pic) a 'Yoda's Species' Jedi. Assuming this is okay, is there any established lore for the species in-game beyond the films (home planet, culture, anything that Lucas/Disney have not provided)? Also, is there someplace with a general description on the different Jedi factions and where I can read a general timeline of events up to now?

Thanks for any and all suggestions. I can't wait to get started.

I'll answer you in order

Not that I've seen, but there were a lot of members using yer species there. There are a few places with that and the timeline, actually. The timeline is a doozy of a timeskip, just a general note.

Anyhow... welcome to the site, and have fun

I'll answer what I can:

1. Yoda's species is cool, dunno about more extant lore for them. However, seeing as we have vong, intelligent clouds of gas, and multiple kinds of undead horrors running about, you should be fine with creating a character of that species.
  2. The timeline under the holonet is pretty scant, but brings you up to date on basic galactic history.
  3. The main Jedi factions are the Jedi of the republic, the force-wielders of the levantine sanctum and the silver Jedi as I'm aware. There are minor factions of Jedi with less political pull, but as someone who doesn't play any Jedi I haven't kept up with which of those are/aren't doing stuff. You can check the factions page to see about other Jedi groups--most of them put it in the name. If you find one you like, message the owner and see how active things are.

Good luck and rock on!

[member="Kal'Sar"]

Allow me to answer your Jedi question.
  • Jedi Order of the Galactic Republic - Your typical Star Wars Prequel Jedi, albeit their council has now been dissolved, and the Senate is run by a triumvirate.
  • Silver Jedi - Silver Jedi are essentially the Jedi Order without the politics / government.
  • Levantine Sanctum - A bunch of free-spirited Jedi, from what I know. I don't know much about them, or hear of them, but from their descriptions on the faction page, they seemed to be the adventurer type.
  • Ession Reformation - The newest type of Jedi, they're looking to reform the Jedi Order and are fairly militarised with resemblance to the Army of Light. They are wary of Dark Jedi, but have exceptions for some, and outright demonise the Sith.
  • Knights Obsidian - They're a sect of militarised Jedi under the Abrion Corporate Authority. Though they're not exclusively Jedi, with Dark Jedi, Rogue Jedi and Sith thrown into the mixing pot.
I am currently in the Ession Reformation. If you plan on playing a Yoda Species Jedi, you should hit up my brother, he plays [member="Mo Ye"] (I just think it would be funny for two tiny species to hangout)

[member="Kal'Sar"]
Welcome to Chaos!

As others have pointed out above, there are multiple Jedi factions to choose from, and I'll break it down a little further, though [member="The Dark Man"] did a good job of roughly describing them.

• The Galactic Republic's Jedi Order is much closer to resembling the Pre-Ruusan reformation Jedi Order and its Galactic Senate, both of which were full of "traditionalist" Jedi that were slow-to-action and quite passive, though once provoked with good reason could be persuaded to actually do something. They are largely ineffective as a whole in terms of how they are ran ICly, often stuck in bureaucratic messes caused by their Senate that seem to be chalk-full of aids that do not make their superiors aware of requests or news unless it benefits them. Recently the Jedi Order has been a bit more strict with the war against the One Sith, although they're still largely inefficient about it.
  • The Silver Jedi were intended to be a reformatory Order to repair the issues the Jedi Order seem to be plagued with, especially in combating the Sith. Ironically, the Silver Jedi have become more secluded and appear to be more interested in adventure than anything else (I have actively taken part in their treasure hunts and dominions in the past, so I speak from experience). Not much can be said of them, other than their slightly more rigid in their ideals with the force. I call them unintentional extremists.
  • The Levantine Sanctum are essentially the hippies of the galaxy. I really don't know much about them, but they're more of a strange combination of medieval knights and Jedi (picture the Army of Light, just without being... you know.. up in arms.) They're a very relaxed group, and seem content in keeping themselves to themselves, I don't believe I've even met someone from their order in IC yet.
  • The Knights Obsidian are a Dark Jedi order. More or less anyways. They are the sub-faction of the newest incarnation of the CIS/Separatists, and are led by a few rather lucrative Dark Jedi. Oh, and they're allied with the One Sith by proxy as they're a sub-faction of the Abrion Corporate Alliance, whom are allied with us(One Sith).
​And now I'll spend the rest of this post discussing the newest of groups, the Ession Reformation.

Well, first I'll discuss the Ruusan Reformations and the Army of Light that both are synonymous with each other, as this is what the faction appears to be based upon. During the wars prior to the Ruusan Reformation of the Senate there were two primary groups are major war with each other, one of which was threatening to wipe out the other due to their sheer incompetence and bureaucracy. These two groups were, of course, the Brotherhood of the Sith and the Galactic Republic. During much of this conflict the Sith were advancing from every corner of the galaxy and took many worlds and entire systems on their path to the Core Systems, of which the Jedi Order was too passive to deal with and the Galactic Republic was, well, broken.
Now I'll stop this here to discuss the issues with the Republic in this era, as it reflects on the current Republic and was the cause for both of these groups to form, they being the Army of Light and the Ession Reformation's group (Whatever they may call themselves). The Senate at this time had been slowly overwhelmed with a bureaucratic system that was created as a system of checks and balances in order to govern their own worlds, never taking into account that in the last several thousands of years that they may have to act on an outside force. This outside force was, of course the Sith. Due to these checks and balances they could not truly command their miserable excuse for a military correctly, nor could they get a "reason" to request the Jedi Order to intervene. The Jedi Order, in turn, was also full of not quite corrupt but very passive and slow-acting Jedi, their Council a terrible excuse for one at that. Nearly every decision made was too late to be effective, and they acted very much like the English Parliament during the years leading up to WWII.

Because of the internal issues with the Republic Senate and the perceived incompetence of the Jedi Order a large exodus of Jedi, much like the famed Revan army that was led to defeat the Mandalorians, literally left the Order behind because they saw them as unable to perform the task required - oh and they were super-duper extremist Jedi, not quite unlike religious fanatics of the Middle Ages during the crusades. Their goal was to quite literally wipe out every trace of the Dark Side and formed a sort of fiefdom with various planets and systems, where Jedi would be given "Lordship" and titles to show their rank and importance. Eventually they were deemed still incapable of defeating the Sith, as each world was taken one-by-one and the Jedi Lords remained largely spread out as a "front line defense" and acted barely as a buffer. Seeing this, the Jedi Lords of the mid-rim and Core worlds formed the Army of Light, an army of Jedi and others whom banded together with the sole goal to kill every last Sith and Dark Jedi in the galaxy. This eventually led to the siege of the Sith Brotherhood's hideout, planned by their Leader who intended to perform a ritual that he thought was the Sith Emperor's ritual to achieve immortality when it was in fact the terrible thought bomb. I won't detail on that further, because I would love to see it happen on this site. In either case the two groups were both extinguished and the Sith thought to be no more by the Jedi across the galaxy - all at the plotting of Darth Bane and Zannah. Eventually the Ruusan Reformations took place the next year afterwards, in which the Senate was purged of its checks and balances and had emergency powers written into their new constitution in case this ever happened again. Flash back to Episode III to see how well that worked out.

Now I won't say that the Ession Reformation will be just as screwed as the Army of Light was, because I believe they may be too late to save the Republic at this point and won't quite make it to a major battle as the Army of Light had in the past before the Republic falls. I appreciate their return to Jedi Lords and such, it makes for an interesting plot between them any pretty much everyone else. Extremist Jedi are always more fun to deal with, honestly. In any case, the above summarizes what the Ession Reformation draws its influence from, and you can probably understand who and what they are by reading it.

Moving on to your questions regarding your species.

• Your species, the "Yoda's Species", is perfectly acceptable as it is not a banned species.
  • Some characters bearing this species have been made and reached points of esteem in the past, [member="The Dark Man"]'s story of his lightsaber includes one such being (I was the Judge whom read through his development thread/novel that led up to it), but there is no major character right now that belongs to it, nor is there a major character in the timeline that happens to be one (though I'm sure individual characters may have one or two in their history that make significant impacts on them, although I've not met a Yoda Species yet.)
​Also, you can view the events of this site's lore here, also located under the HOLONET dropdown at the top of the browser. There are also smaller timelines that detail the major events that have occurred on the site.

As a side note: The One Sith is the current Sith faction (the only one that call themselves Sith anyway) and is ran by an NPC Dark Lord, whom are currently at war with pretty much everyone else. They have captured Coruscant and Alderaan from the Republic some months back and you can view their territory on the Galactic Map (as well as every other major faction's territory). I mention this in the instance you may want to use some of this information in your backstory, and to let you know the Republic is not on Coruscant (I've had to tell too many people to count once they post a thread). Here is the lore of the One Sith, just in case you decide to have them set as your character's primary antagonists.

Silara Vantai said:
nor is there a major character in the timeline that happens to be one
Great detail in your post! Just nitpicking this one little detail because it ads to the significance of the spcies.

There was a fairly famous character written by the owner of the Board that was Yoda Species, he founded the Jedi Order in the Republic alongside [member="Ben Watts"] and was later killed by the First Sith Emperor. His name was Teferi, and he wanted to go home.

Soliael Devin Talith said:
Great detail in your post! Just nitpicking this one little detail because it ads to the significance of the spcies.

There was a fairly famous character written by the owner of the Board that was Yoda Species, he founded the Jedi Order in the Republic alongside [member="Ben Watts"] and was later killed by the First Sith Emperor. His name was Tefka, and he wanted to go home.
It was Tefereti Efreet, actualy

[member="Kal'Sar"]

Some...interesting views of Jedi expressed here. It's worth quoting the main man...

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Take every Faction and Jedi group as you find them - rather than pre-judging or relying on other's viewpoints. Oh, and make sure you have fun.

[member="Silara Vantai"] Actually, our goals tend more towards 'peace through order' instead of 'kill all Dark Siders' (since we, y'know, allow Darksiders into our faction as long as their not Sith and/or omnicidal maniacs). Not saying there aren't parallels between us and the canonical Army of Light, but there are some distinct differences in how we operate.

Most of the parallels are in the formation. Still, it was a good comparison and you brought up some good points, so...well, nice. Yeah, I'm outta stuff to stay here.

Atlas Kane

A
[member="Silara Vantai"] That was a history lesson, not really anything that says something about the Ession Reformation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom