Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Saijo Tehk'la Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
5Cu3xVU.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Nagai Diaspora
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: Saijo Tehk'la Blades
  • Modularity: No.

• Production: Limited
  • Material: Vibration Generator, Songsteel, Cortosis Weave
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Vibrodagger
  • Size: Very Small
  • Weight: Very Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ultrasonic Generator: Tehk'la generators vibrate at an ultrasonic frequency that is inaudible to most species, allowing the wielder to maintain stealth even when using the blade's technologically enhanced cutting power.
  • Cortosis Weave: These daggers are fitted with a cortosis-weave shell that allows them to deflect energy blades.
STRENGTHS
  • Balanced Knife: Tehk'la blades are well balanced, capable of being used both as an offhand weapon or a throwing knife. A trained thrower can hit targets with unerring accuracy, and the vibrodagger's cortosis shell makes it ideal for Jedi hunters and assassins.
  • Serrated Steel: Underneath the cortosis is an ornate serrated songsteel blade, a savage crippling weapon composed of extraordinarily resilient material. Given enough time and pressure an activated Tehk'la can even cut through metal.
WEAKNESSES
  • Self Propelled: With its vibration cell activated the Tehk'la is sharp enough to penetrate all but the most durable armor, but only as far as its wielder is capable of projecting it. Against heavily armored or otherwise shielded targets, the dagger's short stubby blade is not an ideal choice, and without power to the ultrasonic generator cannot pierce heavy materials at all.
  • Dark History: The Nagai are known throughout the galaxy for their brutal warrior culture, many worlds have fallen under the shadow of these alien conquerors. While possessing a freely gifted set of Tehk'la blades bears great significance in Nagai culture, it is enough to earn a death mark in some sectors still healing from past atrocities committed by the dagger's craftspeople.
DESCRIPTION

Usually coming in a set of four to six blades, these particular Tehk'la daggers were crafted by the weaponsmiths of Saijo. Many were given to those among the Coalition and their allies who distinguished themselves in the evacuation of the Nagai colony, but some were retrieved from the corpses of the fallen and bestowed upon mercenaries as an additional reward by their Sharukan overlords for a successful culling of the world's defenders.

The Tehk'la is an old design, dating back to the Ancient Republic era, exquisitely forged and impossibly sharp. Many are coated with a cortosis weave shell allowing their edges even greater resilience to energy swords, as well as the ability to temporarily short out lightsaber blades if precisely thrown with enough strength. While in the past the Tehk'la has often been a symbol of terror and oppression, these blades were distributed to recognize a new dawn for the Nagai people and newly formed allegiances on both sides of the Outer Rim conflict.

Atlas Drake said:
Self Propelled: The Tehk'la is sharp enough to penetrate duraplast and alusteel, but only as far as its wielder is capable of projecting it. Against heavily armored or otherwise shielded targets, the dagger's short stubby blade is not an ideal choice.
Can you explain to me how a Vibroblade can cut through steels that in canon were shown to not be affected by vibro based weapons? Secondary, How can a knife pierce plate armor when plate armor was specifically made for the purpose of preventing that?

Atlas Drake said:
Cortosis Weave: These daggers are fitted with a cortosis-weave shell that allows them to deflect and even short out energy blades if sufficient force is applied.
Cortosis weave couldn't short out lightsaber blades. Secondary, I don't quite understand the usage for both Cortosis as well as Phrik? Both are lightsaber resistant, and can do justice with the blade. I recommend removing one of them.
Cortosis ore actually shorts out lightsaber blades on contact, forcing the wielder to reignite their weapon. Instead of shorting out a Jedi or Sith opponent's blade, the weave simply prevented the lightsaber from cleaving the blade in two at the point of contact.
[member="Atlas Drake"],

[member="Auberon"]

Auberon said:
Can you explain to me how a Vibroblade can cut through steels that in canon were shown to not be affected by vibro based weapons? Secondary, How can a knife pierce plate armor when plate armor was specifically made for the purpose of preventing that?
I believe I was assuming it was a property of songsteel, but as it turns out the article only mentions its lightsaber resilience. Edited out references to some of the more durable armors in canon.

Auberon said:
Cortosis weave couldn't short out lightsaber blades. Secondary, I don't quite understand the usage for both Cortosis as well as Phrik? Both are lightsaber resistant, and can do justice with the blade. I recommend removing one of them.
Apologies, another error in memory. I was thinking of cortosis armor and some of the fully cortosis blades from EU. Is there a particular reason you're recommending I remove one of the materials? As far as I understand neither are restricted. To answer your question, despite cortosis' lightsaber resilience it is a very brittle material and as far as I know not particularly durable compared to most average metals. The cortosis-weave is a canon part of Tehk'la blades, but the songsteel is there for additional durability.

Atlas Drake said:
I believe I was assuming it was a property of songsteel, but as it turns out the article only mentions its lightsaber resilience. Edited out references to some of the more durable armors in canon.
I do know that Mullinine was used because it held an edge for much longer. So, if you would like, you can mention that it has better cutting potential, but as for piercing straight plate armor? Nah. Even in medieval times when they had plate armor, swords and knives couldn't pierce through it, hence the creation of maces, warhammers, and such. No need to cut through the armor if you can bash through it.

Atlas Drake said:
Apologies, another error in memory. I was thinking of cortosis armor and some of the fully cortosis blades from EU. Is there a particular reason you're recommending I remove one of the materials? As far as I understand neither are restricted.
Yes. Fully cortosis blades can short out lightsabers. You are correct. Neither are restricted at this time. I only recommending using one since Cortosis weave can resist lightsabers, and Phrik is, in canon, a super steel that can resist all kinds of damage. At the time of posting, I knew you kept it for the purpose of being able to short out lightsabers, but with it now gone, I personally don't see a need to have two metals that do the exact same thing. Otherwise, if you want super expensive daggers, be my guest. lol

[member="Atlas Drake"],

[member="Auberon"]

From the wookie article on vibroweapons:

"When put up against heavier armor types, a vibroweapon could be upgraded with a focused vibrator cell in order to focus the stabbing point of the weapon and penetrate even through the strongest armors."

Would you like me to specifically reference a vibrator cell or are you trying to tell me that you think vibroblades piercing armor is unacceptably OP?

For the record it is songsteel, not phrik, which is much less of a supersteel. And the reason I'm using two materials is because cortosis weave is by definition a shell around the blade itself. If the dagger were made entirely out of cortosis, it would be a cortosis alloy blade. If its all the same to you, I'd like to keep it.

[member="Atlas Drake"],

Forgive me. I woke up and started working on submissions. Yes. Songsteel. Not phrik.

Make mention that while the vibration cell is on, that it has this piercing power, but if off then it acts like a normal blade. You provided the evidence and you get your reward.

[member="Auberon"]

No worries. It was a pleasure negotiating with you, reminds me of the old times.

Edited in references to specifically the activated blades cutting power in the Serrated Steel strength and Self Propelled weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom