Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sahna Te

Valgærd

Sahnabanner.png
Untitled-1.png
Sahna_Te_Square.png
Name:
Sahna Te

Species: Togruta
Faction: Je'daii
Sex: Female
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110lbs
Skin: Pastel Orange
Hair: White and turquoise (montrals)
Force Sensitive: Yes

Divider.png

Untitled-3.png
With pastel orange skin, defined, white markings like painted features, and white and turquoise montrals, Sahna's visage is not unlike that of a painted doll. Large blue eyes stare out from her feminine features with wisdom beyond her years. She is seemingly never not in slightly-too-large je'daii robes, which make her look even skinnier than usual. Although Jyn has made sure the young woman has been well-fed on Aurum, a lifetime of undernourishment has left its scars.
Divider.png

Untitled-2.png
+ Wisdom - It's perhaps rare for someone of Sahna's age to have as much wisdom as she does. She's seen more of the galaxy than perhaps she wanted to, and knows the consequences of jumping into a decision without thinking. As a result, she's much more likely to stand back and assess a situation before diving in.

+ Acute Senses - A force sensitive, Sahna has learned to attune her senses to the force, learning quickly how to sense through it, making her a difficult person to sneak up on.

- Fearful - Sahna Te has seen death. A lot of it. She has gone to sleep next to friends and awoken to empty beds. The result of these years of loss have left her somewhat cowardly and unwilling to do what is necessary.

- Slight - The togrutans are wiry, but Sahna Te was malnourished for much of her early life. As a result, she's a little weaker and more fragile than would normally be expected for her age.

- Martyr Complex- Sahna has a big heart. On two occasions in her past, people she loved have given up their lives to make sure that she lived. As a result, the togruta is eager to repay the debt. It would not be difficult to engineer a scenario in which Sahna would willingly give up her life to save another

Divider.png

Untitled-5.png
Ze'nia Dra-lyn - Matukai Holocron - Specifically, the holocron containing teachings of the force and their practice and Philosophy of the force
The Shy Spirit (Ship) - This tiny stealth cruiser is as subtle and shy as the togruta that commissioned it
Divinus Pendant - Shaped like an owl holding a crystal in its talons, this amulet acts as a conduit of the force
Je'daii robes - The generic brown robes that depict no particular sub-path among the je'daii. Even the smallest size seems a little loose
Shaak Ti's Lightsaber - Presented to Sahna as a gift by Ignis. Contains the Auruni crystal she found in the Caves of Ahn
Painting by Sobaan - A most personal gift, a force-imbued portrait of Sahna crafted in some of his darkest hours and presented to her as a gift when he returned
Divider.png
Untitled-4.png

Fire

That’s the only memory I have of Shili. Burning, everywhere. There might have been screaming to go with the flames, maybe bodies. But all I remember is the fire.

Perhaps that’s for the best.

I was young… Five? Six? Small enough to fit into the tiny nook in the cargo hold of one of the fleeing ships. I remember clamping my hands over my face, squeezing my eyes shut, and just crying. Fitting, I guess, that my earliest memory is of stowing away on a ship, considering how my life would turn out from there.

You know what hurts the most? I know my mother was the one who had held me, who had lifted me up and put me on that ship. I do remember the feel of her montrals. But… that’s all I remember. I don’t know what her arms felt like around me, what her voice sounded like, I don’t remember her face or her smell… it’s all just blank. All I can remember is the fire, even as the ship’s engines probably rumbled as it took me away from my burning home. All I will ever see in that memory is the fire.

Divider.png

So, the first part I ever saw of Nar Shaddaa was the underbelly. Although, I suppose it’s all underbelly when you look at it. Those first few weeks were perhaps the worst of my life. I was just a child, a small thing swallowed up by the endless, soulless labyrinth. Looking back, I’ve since realised that the only reason I survived was my connection to the force. Even though I hadn’t known it at the time, that sense had more than likely saved my life.

It was nothing short of a miracle that Aranias found me. I don’t know his story. I wish more than anything that I’d had the presence of mind to ask him about it. But that matters little now. What mattered was that he’d found me, in the same way I suppose he’d found the others; Kara, Jax, the twins. There was almost two dozen of us. Aranias was kind of everyone’s older brother. He taught us how to steal, but also that everything stolen had to be shared, that we had to keep each other alive. He also taught us that we should never steal from each other; only those with enough to lose.

The twins, Aranias, and I were all force sensitives, so we became the lookouts while the others ran jobs. I thought I’d live my entire life in those slums, grow as old as any of us could. Eventually, the twins were captured by the authorities. Kara went and got herself killed by a Hutt. Jax... Jax actually got out.

You know… I still think of him as “the cloaked man”, even though I know now that he was a sith. What he was doing in the slums, or why he targeted us, I’ll never know. But he was, and he did. And Aranias… stupid, stubborn, foolish kid that he was made sure we had enough time to get away. I don’t even know what happened to his body. But that scream? The sound of that lightsaber being ignited? Those, I will never forget.

So where does a young Togruta with not a credit to her name even go after being chased from her home like vermin? Well… pretty much anywhere else. I should have stayed. There were still kids there that needed me. But I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t go back and face them after that. That night I made my way to the docks, hopped the closest ship, and never looked back.

Divider.png

Rescued.

That was a word I’d never believed I’d use. But, rescued I was. By Jyn, no less. She found me in the swamps on some backwater planet I didn’t even know the name of. I often think back to that day. Would I go through that again? To be lost, starving, covered in bites, just to cross paths with her again?

Oh absolutely I would.

Jyn set me on a new path, one that led me to Aurum, to the Je’daii. There, I found a home. I found a purpose. I found Ignis. We met as friends, then again as teacher and student… and now… as something else. Perhaps, if I am lucky, his path and mine will remain entwined for some time.

The path I walk now, I walk with hope.

Divider.png
Untitled-6.png

1. Deep into the Hollow
2. You Cannot Control Everything
3. Balance Comes From Many Places
4. Something From the Heart
5. A Little Curious
6. From One to Another
7. The Great Gathering (The Je'daii Order)
8. A Breath of Fresh Air
9. Instructions For Dancing (The Je'daii Order)
10. Strength Comes From Within (The Je'daii Order)
11. Back from the Ashes
12. Find Me By Still Waters
13. Meet the Parents

[member="Rys'sya"], I don't always have one liners, but when I do, they make everyone groan in the wrong way.

[member="Sahna Te"], Wanted to say to you that if you ever want to RP, we can talk. As well, I do have a thread you can join if you would like. Unless if it conflicts with Kio and your ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom