Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dorumaa

Leave it to [member="Danger Arceneau"] to buy a large military-esq corporation and turn it into something to fit the grand scheme of her business model. Judah was curious to see how she was going to handle such a task - Danger never went in without some type of plan. Failure didn't seem to be an option for the Trade Queen and he suspected Omega Pyre would be a new and interesting facet to her company holdings.

One he was going to take full advantage of, naturally. Security was important but finding reliable security was always an issue. He had used Firemane in the past but sometimes one desired a more subtle approach. Omega should fit the bill nicely and being such a large organization,able to stretch across the 'verse with Salacia.

New facility was going up behind them, taking up the island Salacia had scouted and bought nearly a year ago. Judah had left Salacia on autopilot so to speak for years, content to slowly grown. Dorumaa was the first new facility in awhile and the first to have an Omega Pyre presence. Once he and Miss Arceneau hashed out all the details of course.

They strolled on the island, looking at the skeleton of the building as it was being worked on.

"How have you been? We haven't run into one another in quite some time."

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

A warm smile grew on crimson lips. Danger's expression would soften at the sight of an old friend. There he was, same ice blue eyes, that tangled mop of hair, streaked with a little more silver than before, but Judah Dashiell none the less. It had been a while since she'd seen him, both of them busy, but it was also nice to catch up with him.

"Ain't that the truth," Danger would reply, a wry grin twisting her lips. Mild amusement shone in her green eyes, the corners of them crinkling.

"I do believe that my daughter sees more of you and Makai than I do now." seeing as the most recent episode revolved around Myra taking a trip to Chiss space.

"I've been well. Still reeling from this Omega Pyre purchase, but trying to make sense of it." There was still so much to do. New locations, a restructuring. Danger was intending for the business to become more of a security detail for the Southern Systems Business Bazaar. She could get them to become their main security force, but they could also do other jobs.

"How about you?"

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

"Myra is a staple in the Dashiell household, yes. It is amusing to watch Myra and Makai interact but I wouldn't dare have it any other way. She is always welcome."

Both teenagers had an amusing habit of being totally clueless with typical teenage mood swings. Judah had wondered if he had been so stupid and had to remind himself he seemed to take longer to grow out of it than Makai was. The teenaged half-Galan was growing up wiser and smarter than his old man, something that both terrified Judah and made him proud.

Head nodded at the mention of Omega Pyre. Makai and Myra had mentioned something to him at dinner one night but both had been scant on the details in typical teenage fashion. Shoulders had been shrugged and in the case of Makai - food shoveled into his mouth. Features turned into a grin towards Danger, happy to hear the company was doing so well.

"You've never backed down from a challenge. I have full confidence you will have no problems with this one either."

Gaze glanced in the direction of the Trade Queen, the sun making her hair truly look as if it was on fire. It suited her.

"Oh....not much..." Mind drifted to the drama with his ex-wife, his son drifting off to fight in some odd military. "Just being a hermit. Seems to suit me, already got the scruff for it."

"I reckon I will. It will work out. Slowly but surely."

The way that Judah's voice seemed to trail off only to start anew was a tell. His mind went elsewhere for a moment. They might not have been able to see much of each other have they had in the past, but the redhead could still read subtle signs. Not wanting to press, and because he had mentioned the resurgence of scruff, Danger let it pass and instead took another step towards the elder Dashiell.

"So I see," her hand came up, palm moving to sweep across his cheek and feel the soft bristles there. Her nose gave a slight wrinkle in mild amusement, green eyes twinkling.

"Either that or I reckon you just became lazy," she added, rubbing his cheek playfully again with a mild tease. "It suits you," she added, her husky drawl floating between them as did her humor.

"The scruff not the hermit." she clarified.

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

"How is my scruff lazy? Sometimes I have to shave and let it all scruff back. Its a lot of work compared to the beard. Not everyone can wake up effortlessly beautiful like yourself."

Judah offered a teasing grin, finding himself enjoying her hand on his cheek all too well. Mind drifted back to her mention of his hermitage not suiting him. There was a shrug, looking a bit like an overgrown Makai in the action. Judah hadn't planned on becoming some odd recluse and it had seemed to happen before he knew it. The elder Dashiell supposed he had to actually get out and do something. Eventually.

"Getting off the topic of my facial hair, how's life been treating you? Busy? Off on incredible vacations, finally taking a break? Commanding minions with a twitch of a finger? All the above?"

A heavy snort followed his compliment, followed by the woman giving Judah's arm a slight push. "Extra flattery will not butter me up, Mistah Dashiell," she said in turn, the drawl coating her voice and amusement reflecting in her eyes.

Coming beside him, Danger gave a laugh and then a sigh. "Busy. Extremely busy. Trying to make sure Myra don't go galevating off." she added, starting to walk in an amble by the Dashiell.

"Bought out Omega Pyre.... restructuring it a bit. Can't have a company affiliated with me that is apt to go shooting first before talking. " Indeed, which is why Omega Pyre was going through a vast restructuring.

"How about you?"

"I'm afraid I will take responsibility for your wandering daughter. It is a blessing and a curse to be a Dashiell man. Can get confusing when Arceneau women start chasing you down all the way across the 'verse, drawn like a moth to flame." Judah stopped to grin before continuing. "Makai shouldn't be running off again. So I apologize for the gray hairs my boy may have prematurely caused."

[member="Danger Arceneau"] was apparently a very busy woman. By contrast Judah would consider himself a complete bum at this point. With Makai growing older and leaving the home for long periods of time however, his excuses for not working due to the boy were coming to a quick end. Judah hadn't been lying when he mentioned becoming a recluse.

"In comparison, nothing. Salacia and its operations of course, watching over Makai until he left for a bit....He's going to be gone more and more...I guess I have to get back to work."

Working would be better than hanging around an empty house at the very least.

"it's alright," Danger replied. "Boys will be boys -- and can't blame Makai much; Myra tends to be the one leading one way to the next," she said, although there was still a measure of concern. Makai running off like that was worrysome. He had a lot on his mind that's for sure, but was he okay?

"He doing okay now?" Danger would inquire. Judah had gone on to talk about how Salacia was doing and what the elder Dashiell will be getting on to.

"Well, working is good, but don't overwork yourself." Saying it made Danger a hypocrite but she was always more keen on looking out for others than herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom