Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sacremental

ONDERON
CITY OF MERTHRAIAL
SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE

vraRxLS.jpg

Festivities filled the air, the joy was palpable and all for someone that was of humble lineage. From what Ala had learned, the local cobbler's daughter had been engaged to marry a local tailor, and the celebrations were in full swing. Having heard of the event a few days earlier, Ala had set about picking the minds of the locals for information as to how things were to proceed. According to the local school teacher, it was a full community event. Everyone contributed to weddings. The dress the bride wore was one of a few that were available to choose from a selection of community held garments. It was adjusted and adorned uniquely for that specific bride, but then it would be returned to the supply. It was a way for even the poorest to look like royalty on their day. And she did. The bride, Fiora Maldoran, looked more beautiful than the Queen of Naboo.

While the ceremony itself had been a private affair, with only the bride and grooms parents and the two officiators present, the party afterwards was a community wide event. It was time for the March of Matriachs. The bride, followed by her married sisters, then her and the grooms mother, living grandmothers and great-grandmothers all made their way down the concourse towards a large open forum that had been modestly decorated but lavishly served with food, drinks and music.

"She looks so beautiful," Ala found herself saying as she fell into the group that were walking behind the March of Matriachs.

"Aye, lass. They are always more beautiful than the last. That is the way of things," came the gruff voice of toothless old man whose face seemed softened by the concerns and worries of life, and formed deep wrinkles that were most prominent around the smile, and the lifted eyebrows of a man who knew laughter well.

This felt like the way this was meant to be. Everyone celebrating the fortune of another. Everyone contributing to the occasion, and everyone enjoying the festivities. From Ala's understanding the collective celebration could go well into the wee small hours of the next morning. She looked forward to exploring every nook and cranny of the evolving event.

The crowd in which Ala walked entered the forum, and she noted the tables with food and casks of assorted beverages scattered around the overgrown outskirts of the main gathering area. Music started, simple string instruments, with a single drum for rhythm. The bride was being reintroduced to her groom, who looked so young and uncertain. Ala soon understood the uncertainty. He was expected to lead his wife in a traditional slow dance. It was so awkward it was adorable, and Ala felt instantly smitten by the whole thing. Her eyes grew wider as the dance went on and she felt the tension in the audience growing...then...the music stopped for but a moment. When it started again it was much faster. The groom beamed with relief and the dance became a much more free form and expressive showing. Bridesmaids and groomsmen were now out on the floor of forum dancing to the racing folk music.

Then the clapping. Ala could not resist as she joined in hooting, hollering and clapping with the people of the town. This was truly an event for the ages for Ala...even if it were a regular thing for these folks.

Last edited:

J E A L O U S Y

rann.png

WEARING:A simple dress suit.

TAG: Ala Quin Ala Quin

Small town weddings on Onderon were always special, and Rann remembered fondly all of the ones he went to. Even knowing none of the family or friends, it was always a lovely time. One that always brought a smile to his face.​

Perhaps that was why he was here, now. Darth Qanah had no such smile, even though he was where he would have loved to be ten years ago. As he sat on the outskirts of the party, back to a wall with a drink in his hand, he felt a tear come to his eye. Wiping it away with his cold, robotic hand, he gave a quick glance to the spot of moisture on his metal finger. He said nothing, and thought nothing as he returned his gaze back this party.​

He knew, already, why he shed a tear. He was only surprised it wasn’t more.​

Darth Qanah was not the man he had wanted to be. Not by a long shot. He was not as strong or in control as he wanted to be. He wasn’t the good man he used to be. He was a child. A buffoon. An imbecile sitting at a stranger’s wedding reception desperately wishing to feel anything positive, anything good. Now all he felt was empty. Longing. Save a hatred for those who had what he didn’t.​

Jealousy. His primal emotion now.​

In the back of his mind, as he observed his colorful surroundings he did have a slight feeling of relief begin to creep over him. For the first time in his adult life, Rann traveled without his sabers, electing to leave them behind.​

Out of a courteousness for the lovely couple and their happy day, or out of suicidal apathy, he didn’t know. Likely, a bit of both. But traveling saberless felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. Like his monumental mission he had decided to undertake was on hold. Secondary. This, this was his mission for now. Try. Try to enjoy his day.​

But he was still failing. As soon as it felt as if all of the pain he was feeling was gone, or he had become numb to it, a new wave of anguish, hatred, and dismay washed over him. Another tear rolled down his cheek as he raised his glass to his lips and took a drink.​

This was his life now. He had made a decision. His path was set. He was Darth Qanah. Now and forever. He was a Sith Lord, raised by his father, Darth Metus Darth Metus . Rann Thress was Dead.​

Rann Thress was dead...​

Darth Qanah was a Sith Lord. And certain things were expected of him. Certain things he had thusfar failed to accomplish. However, as the festivities continued, Qanah was made aware of another unspoken expectation his new office called for.​

A bright spot in the Force. Glowing, and growing nearer. Qanah sighed and took another drink before standing. He was weaponless, but very clearly had Sith eyes and was in the middle of SJC space. This didn’t bode well, but Darth Qanah didn’t care. He would not be chained. He would not be rehabilitated by the Light worshiping Jedi. He would choose, instead, to die if it came down to fight.​

And so, The Sith approached the bright spot looking to see if it would indeed come down to a fight.​

Last edited:
She was not oblivious to the dead spot in the light free flowing swirl of life's energy around the festivities. No, she had sensed it no long after the wedding party had started their dance. At the time she allowed herself to ignore it, hoping that it would stay where it was. Perhaps an artefact, or dark side tainted chalice someone accidentally brought as wedding gift. All that was answered when the dark signature began to move, and the presence resonated with signifiers of life. This was a being.

She sighed. Not here. Not now. This celebration deserved to be allowed to continue. Drawing a saber and going into battle with some dark sider was going to bring a quick and sad end to the festivities. No, this needed to be handled more discretely, and only if safety became an issue would any weapons be pulled. After all, they had been here long before she arrived, and nothing bad had happened then, right?

The dance had turned to a more public affair while the wedding party caught their breath, hugged one another and chatted happily near the rustic looking arch. "Can I have this dance?" Came the voice of an older, but not old man. Ala simply smiled, nodded and took his hand. His hand was rough and calloused, yet gentle when it cupped her hand. He had the face of everyone's idealistic father, warm, weathered from hard work in the sun but with a quick smile and a knowing stare.

It also seemed that Ala was tasked with most of the more athletically strenuous aspects of the dance as she set out into the rhythm and flow of the others around her. Her hair and attire had quickly become deshevelled, but the smile on her face gave no indication that she cared one bit. She allowed the dance to continue just long enough until she felt the dark side presence close to her. Releasing the older man's hand, she gave a deep bow of thanks, before he indicated one last 'spin'. With a shrug, and a jaunty step into the outstretched hand, Ala lifted herself briefly on to her toes while the strong hand of the gentleman spun her, and then released with a slight pull/push towards the crowd.

A couple of turns, and feet scrambling for balance, saw Ala back in the crowd and turning to face the dark side presence. She was smiling, out of breath to the point of nearly panting and a little flustered. Through her hair she looked up towards the face of the man with the jealous soul. His presence was like a dark cloud that hovered over her. She smiled at the cloud, and whispered, "You don't have to brood here, friend. Free yourself of your shackles. Just for the night."

J E A L O U S Y
rann.png

WEARING: A Simple Dress Suit

Darth Qanah approached the light spot, finding it to be a woman similarly enjoying the lovely scene around them. As they locked eyes the woman spoke softly to him.​

"You don't have to brood here, friend. Free yourself of your shackles. Just for the night."

Qanah forced a slight smile at the corner of his mouth at the woman’s words. It came as a bit of a relief. He’d not known many Jedi to be liars or out right deceptive, and it seemed as if a fight was the last thing on her mind. This suited him fine. As he traveled now without the protections of the CIS, Qanah knew he had an ‘expectation’ as a Sith and a claimant to the title of Darth to make war upon the Jedi whenever found. However, he was more than happy to forsake that part of the job description. If only for the night.​

“Brooding is the job. You don’t get to have eyes like these without it.” He pointed a finger to his yellow eyes and chuckled softly before half turning and calling upon the Force to take the glass from his hand, sending it safely to a nearby table.​

As it traveled, he continued to speak to her, "Events like these are too rare and beautiful to spoil. And I'm not dressed for the occasion."

If anyone noticed his little trick he didn’t know, or care. It wasn’t a malicious act, or a particularly impressive one. Just a convenient one. When it came to rest at its destination he turned back to face the woman completely and held his hands out to his sides as if to indicate a peaceful intention or, at the very least, not an out right hostile one.​

“It might come as a surprise, but I didn’t actually come here to fight. Or cause any trouble. I’m just here...taking a mental health day.” he bowed his head as he finished his sentence and curtsied,​

“May I have this dance, friend?”

It was a party. An honestly quite lovely party, and it would have been a shame to ruin it for an eternity long feud between Lightside and Dark. If the Bright Spot was willing to let it go and enjoy the evening, the Dark one was more than happy to agree.​

Last edited:
Without hesitation, but also without any sense of urgency, Ala reached forth and accepted offer of the dance. With a tug, she led the Wedding Guest out on to the main dance area where the music was just starting to wind down from the previous number. All around them individuals were bowing and some embracing after their dance, amid the crowd a Jedi and a Sith stood ready to dance.

"I am yet to see eyes that suit that colour if not from birth," Ala said with a wry smile, "I am sure your natural eyes are a thing of beauty. Such a shame."

The music was starting up again, and with a quick glance Ala noted the starting position the dancers were assuming. Spinning and tucking, Ala wrapped the Wedding Guest's arm around her and nestled her head against his right shoulder with her back to him. "This event is merely a representation of life, my friend. Need life, itself, be sullied with the eternal struggle?"

The level of trust she was putting in someone who was clearly given over to the baser levels of Dark Side emotions made Ala's heart race a little. Would he will it, her life was close to in his hands, but for his statement of ill intent's absence.

"A Sith struggling with their mental health?" Ala said before spinning away with her hand in his, and dipping into the first move of the dance - a bow that was low towards the ground whilst still holding hands.

"That's a first," she said with a wink, and a teasing smile.

Last edited:

J E A L O U S Y

rann.png

WEARING: A simple suit

Qanah followed the Bright Spots lead and wrapped his arm around her waist gently.​

“These eyes were blue once.” He said, lament in his voice as he looked ahead at the other guests.​

“Life, itself, is a struggle. Some of us choose different paths. Some of us have paths chosen for them. They’re all struggles.”

He didn’t become Qanah by choice. A freak accident, a side effect of war created the initial split. A need to define this new existence, this new person created Qanah. A goal, something to strive for. A meaningful existence.​

That’s what Qanah was. A personification of a want to better oneself. Violently, yes. Brutally, if need be. Was there regret? Sure.​

Rann Thress was a good man. He was missed, occasionally. But Qanah had to remain a man of conviction. He made his choice, he would follow it.​

Once the music began in earnest and the dance followed, Qanah was quite surprised to see the Bright Spot, in his opinion, outshine all other on the dance floor while he and the other male partners of the dance all performed a similar step back and flourish, before pulling their partners back in close.​

“We all struggle. We all need a good day. The fact that my saber is red, my eyes yellow, and my skin pale doesn’t mean I’m heartless.” He said as they began to move in Unison to the music.​

“In fact, I’d wager I’m more in touch with my emotions then you, my friend.” He finished with a smile.​

He wasn't half bad at the whole dancing thing. Ala herself had spent hours outside the temple walls watching holovids on a loop and copying the dancing of famous actors in any performance that caught her imagination. Of course, it had been some time since she had done that and her repertoire was limited, but she had a few moves and knew not to exhaust them all too quickly.

As for what he was saying, Ala found it to be not atypical of other Sith she had encountered over the years. His words seemed bent on convincing himself just as much as they were on convincing her. Her heart actually hurt for him, as she could hear the pain beneath the words. Surely he did not want to be the man he had become, but maybe he saw no other solution? Whatever the answer, she was intrigued and invested.

Spinning back into his arms, Ala's back to him and arms crossed across her chest, she held the Wedding Guest's hands as the music slowed. "Heartless?" She said with a quirk of her brow, "everyone has a heart, friend. It's just that some use the state of their heart as an excuse to stop others completely. Your actions define you."

The closeness of the dance, and the oddity of being embraced by someone so given to the Dark Side, created a sense of risk for the young Jedi Knight. This risk created thrill. The thrill was likely not a good direction for the pure of heart, but a little daliance wasn't so bad - was it?

Excitement. Thrill. A Jedi craves not these things.

The dance continued with his words about being in touch with emotions lingering as the last words spoken. This did not mean Ala agreed. It simply meant she was not ready to answer. Slowly the ambled along in the dance as it wound down with a soothing melody to round out the piece. Breaking from the embrace, Ala moved away from the the Wedding Guest with a bow.

"I fully understand and ackowledge my emotions," she said with surety in her words, but no longer in the purpose of why she danced with him. "I do not use them as fuel to quickly and dangerously gain access to power, the type of power that ultimately hurts others and myself."

With the crowd of dancers moving back to the outside of the dancing area, new dancers came on to the floor, including the wedding party.

"I thank you for your kindness, friend," she offered before joining the crowd on the outskirts of the dance area and slipping back into the crowd.

J E A L O U S Y

rann.png

WEARING: A simple suit

The dance went along perfectly, with both dancers in perfect unison as the music led them around the dance floor. It wasn’t an activity Qanah saw himself partaking in, were it not for Bright Spot he most likely would not have, but it was lovely. And a genuine smile began to tug on the corner of his lips.

When her back was to him once more Qanah wrapped his arm around her firmly. Not hard enough to keep her from pulling away, but enough to hold her close to him.

“I’ve made mistakes, sure. But at the end of the day I’m the one who led me here, not the Dark. And I take responsibility for my actions. I don’t make excuses. But I still have regret.” He looked down at her with a sadness in his eyes, betraying the smile that covered his face.

The following quiet, save the music, felt oddly empty. Rann—-Qanah was enjoying their back and forth. But if he had to choose between talking and dancing... he’d choose dancing. So he kept his mouth shut, reflecting on what they had spoken about, and just enjoyed the dance for as long as he could.

As the music and the dance came to an end and the Bright Spot pulled away from Qanah, he felt a slight pang of sadness. He actively fought the urge to grab after her, to hold on forever. And kept his hands respectfully at his sides.

As she spoke he listened, the smile gone, but eyes showing interest in what she was saying. She had a point. He couldn’t defend against what she had said. If the recent past had shown Qanah anything, it’s that he was definitely ruled by his emotions, definitely not for the better. He still believed in the strength of the dark side, he was too far gone by this point for anything else. At least...he thought so.

But control? That was something that needed to be learned.

As she bowed to him, the smile returned, his face showing the warm glow that Rann Thress once possessed, and he slightly bowed back at her.

“The pleasure was all mine, friend.” He said, watching as she disappeared into the crowd. The smile remained on his lips for a few moments afterward. Who was she?

As he turned back around and began walking back to his chair against the wall, the thought occurred for him to summon another drink... but he decided against it. He wanted a sober, clear mind.

I hope I get to see her again, one more time before this evening is concluded.

As the night continued on, Ala stayed at the wedding, back in the corner of the forum. She watched the dancers, and even had a few more offers to dance - which were politely declined. But all the watching of the dancers was just a cover for the fact that the person she really watched was across the other side, sitting and observing proceedings as she 'did'. Occassionally the crowd would part enough, and the dancers would move away at just the right time, and there he stil was.

He is a dark sider, Ala.

She was near scolding herself for indulging in the dance and getting lost in it. She had encountered many dark siders before. A few had been redeemed with her work, her care and her friendship. Most had not been redeemed though. One had even killed her. Never before had she lost herself with one, even though it were just for a moment. No, it was more the threat of it happening.

There was a parting of the crowd and the dancers. She caught a glimpse again, and felt her heart skip the smallest of beats.

He is dangerous for you.

Caltin would disapprove of her even entertaining the thought. She disapproved! He was dangerous. She could feel it eminating from him. He had done vile, wicked and horrific things. His mind was warped and twisted, his heart rotting to the core...

But not rotten. Not yet.

She closed her eyes for a while. Pulling back into the Force, and running through her interactions with the man. Was he too far gone? Could she save him? Or was her own soul in danger of corruption just because of the temptation? She had rescued evil men from the darkness before. A couple had even fallen in love with her. But she had never seen them in that light, but had loved them liked she attempted to love all beings - with selflessness and charity.

You did the right thing in leaving. He would have had his fill and discarded you. Or worse.

She didn't like to think that way, and she felt ashamed for thinking the words through to their completion. But there was some potential for truth. She could have danced all night with him, fallen into his bed, and woken to find herself discarded as another notch on his belt. That was the type of man the dark side made you into. She had seen it all too often.

Think well of people, Ala. Assume the best.

It was always and uphill battle to do so with dark siders. When they were not only capable but complicit in so much of the worst, assuming the best could be dangerous to one's health.

These thoughts played around in a loop in Ala's mind as the night went on into morning and time began to whittle the crowd down to a smaller and smaller number. The dances of the early hours of the morning had become more sensual and dramatic, even before Ala realised that her perch in the corner of the forum had been illuminated by the fire they had lit in the middle of the dance area, and there were no longer the people between her and the dance area to obscure her. And she had been staring at him all along...

She blinked a couple of times and looked away, before pushing off the small wall she had been sitting on and disappearing into the night.

J E A L O U S Y
rann.png

WEARING: A simple suit Coat

For what seemed like an eternity Qanah waited, back to the wall with his hands crossed in front of him. Waiting, waiting. Hoping to see the Bright Spot one more time. To talk to her.

It wasn’t everyday you encountered someone on the opposing side that didn’t hate you, inherently. It was...nice. She made this day a good one. She made him smile during a time in his life where a genuine smile was rare, and getting rarer. Too often had interactions between lightsiders and darksiders ended with the clash of sabers. This night, this discussion. It was a blessing.

That’s how you win. You don’t win through force. You win the argument.

It was a slippery slope, for sure. And Qanah had much to learn about control, restraint, and power. But like a medicine, embracing your emotions a little was fine, even healthy. Too much and you end up like….well. Like him. This is what he believed. The Force wasn’t good, or evil. It just was. It was up to the user to determine what that meant. For Qanah, the Darkside meant freedom, power, control if managed correctly.

Their back and forth gave him much to think about. Yet, at the end of the night with much reflection, Qanah maintained his point of view. It was flawed, but it was his. He believed that, while he recognized he was worse off now, he still felt the best way forward was just that, forward. He had much to learn, and this interaction just made him want to pursue greater control over himself.

As he sat there, thinking, the night continued. Periodically he’d scan the room. See if he could see her, to no avail.

She’s still here. I can feel it.

He was about to lose hope, to turn and leave when...at just the right moment, the crowd parted and the room lit up. And there she was.

She was staring at him.

Qanah locked eyes with her and smiled, and just as soon as they looked at eachother...she was gone. As if he blinked, and she just disappeared. Qanah pushed off the wall to follow her, only for a brief second, but stopped. He slunk back against the wall and smiled again.

We’ll meet again. And I got to see her one more time. He raised his eyes, and found the happy couple turning in for their wedding night. It was a good day in the galaxy.

A very good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom