Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Saboath II-class Assault Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
0qIQGxu.gif

Sabaoth-Destroyer-Star-Wars-Warship-Wood-Model-FreeShip.jpg

x8XcNF.gif

• Intent: To create a smaller assault cruiser for the Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: x
  • Primary Source: x x
x8XAzb.gif

• Manufacturer: Roble Manufacturing, Jaegar Solutions
  • Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Model: Saboath II-class Assault Cruiser

• Production: Minor
  • Material: Durasteel/Quadrillium Alloy
x8XNoN.gif

• Classification: Assault
  • Length: 542 Meters
  • Width: 120 Meters
  • Height: 85 Meters
  • Armament: High
  • Defenses: Moderate
  • Hangar Space:
    Average: 3

[*]Hangar Allocations:

[*]Maneuverability Rating: Average
[*]Speed Rating: Low
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2
B5JFVN.gif

All Standard Features

B5J3Ux.gif

Armaments:

Defenses:
Other:
x8Xhl6.gif

• Small but Powerful: The Saboath II contains a powerful armament for its size, making it a useful and powerful ship in smaller fleets.
  • Balanced: For the most part, the Saboath II is a balanced ship, with a powerful armament, adequate fighter complement, strong defenses and adequate thrusters.
x8X6Mp.gif

• No More Room: The Saboath II is incapable of ferrying troops or vehicles of any sort, and is purely a battle-made ship. It also lacks any support craft to ferry crew from one place to another, so to exit or enter a Saboath II the ship must be landed or docked.
x8Xqme.gif

The Saboath II-class Assault Cruiser was commissioned of Brayde Hyper Works by Vicelord Metus of the Confederacy of Independent Systems to be a capable medium-sized warship. While only half the size of typical warships, it's armament, defenses, and fighter complement make it a fierce cruiser and a lethal foe. However, due to the amount of space all the offensive and defensive equipment takes up, the Saboath II is incapable of ferrying troops, vehicles or support craft and fleets must rely on carrier-oriented ships for that capacity.

[member="Kiff Brayde"], it's been a while since I've seen a Saboath cruiser variant, and I always find it neat when people update older canon designs to modern use.

While balance is not strictly mandatory, this ship looks really overpowered (it's five ratings over what we typically consider to be balanced). For balancing ships, anytime you up a rating over average (such as average to moderate, moderate to high, etc), there should be a corresponding decrease somewhere else. This can be another rating (moving a rating from average to low, etc), decreasing production levels (mass to minor, etc), or adding a significant weakness or design flaw (ex. this ship does not have shields).

Took down the defensive rating from High to Moderate, and the Speed/Maneuverability ratings down to Average. I think the fact that it can only serve in battle (i.e. not carry troops, civs, or any sort of ground vehicles) might be a design flaw for it?

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Kiff Brayde"], it's about two ratings higher than what's typically considered to be balanced.

Kiff Brayde said:
I think the fact that it can only serve in battle (i.e. not carry troops, civs, or any sort of ground vehicles) might be a design flaw for it?

Depending on who you roleplay with, that may or may not be considered an adequate balance for those rating increases. I'd probably recommend lowering one more rating, but that's entirely up to you if you feel like it's needed.

My main concern in addressing this is that you know (and others know who are viewing this sub) what our benchmarks are typically for balanced designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom