Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saber staff, double blade saber, Sith saber, oh my!(Research into the double blade lightsaber open.)

Ardeo strolled through the library at a brisk pace. He had recently spoke to the librarian, and found out what isle he needed to go to. It didn't take long for him to find the books he needed, and grab them. He grabbed a book on the structure and makeup of a double blade lightsaber, a book on the best lightsaber forms to use with a double blade, and a few others. Once he was satisfied with his chosen reading material. He made his way back to the Atrium. He figured he would study in there, so that anyone interested could join him.

He found a nice place to sit, and fell down into a cross legged position. He broke open the book on the internal structure, and makeup of a double blade lightsaber, and began reading.

"The original double-bladed lightsabers devised by the original Dark Lords of the Sith Empire were of a sophisticated design, consisting of a single lightsaber mechanism with two sets of emitters, one on either end of the hilt. One of the finest examples of such a weapon was the lightsaber of Exar Kun, which was converted from a standard lightsaber after Kun procured the schematics from a Sith holocron.The doublesaber design was simplified in later years, retaining a single mechanism, but featuring an enlarged hilt. Whether this was an intentional design change or simply the result of contemporary manufacturers being incapable of replicating the original mechanism is unknown. However, most saberstaff designs were extremely simplistic, consisting of two separate lightsabers with connected pommels, rather than a single mechanism. This design, while less elaborate, also resulted in a considerably lengthened handle, though it otherwise remained the same. Many people employed two separate focusing crystals, one for each blade, so that if the lightsaber was severed, at least one side, maybe both would continue working."

Ardeo Reflected upon this. Looking over and memorizing pictures of the makeup, and circuitry. Today was going to be a very productive day.

[member="Ardeo Sophos"]

The Atrium was Kal'n's favorite place to go in the Temple, it was always quiet. It had more information than one person could learn in a hundred lifetimes. Most of all, it provided Kal'n with the answers he sought when a Master could not be found to answer it for him. It also allowed him to come to his own conclusions and grow, though in a limited fashion.

His fingers traced along the many data pads that held the knowledge he was seeking, looking for the number that indicated the current subject he was studying. He was counting down, to himself, when he heard a voice rise above the quietness that normally permeated the library. Naturally he was drawn to the source and the passage that he read. He clicked his tongue against his teeth and stepped out from the the shelves, dark blue eyes locating the reader.

From where he was standing he walked up from Ardeo's right. "That is quiet the undertaking. Especially if it is ones first attempt at creating a lightsaber." He stopped, standing a few feet away fom where Ardeo sat. "Are you studying Jar'Kai?"

Ardeo's head lifted from the holopad. He took in the figure standing in front of him. The padawans blue eyes containing what seemed to be curiosity.

"Not yet. That's why I have come here today. I am researching every aspect of the saber staff, and then I plan to go to training room, and practice the forms. Unfortunately the building of the lightsaber will get more complicated than just this. I plan to make it two seperate sabers that can connect, due to the fact that I have more than one fighting style I use. My name is Ardeo Sophos by the way, padawan to Corvus Raaf. It is a pleasure to meet you."

[member="Kal'n Drasco"]

[member="Ardeo Sophos"]

Kal'n listened carefully as Ardeo explained his plans. They were not unlike his own, except Kal'n had been studying Makashi, and had constructed a lightsaber specifically for that purpose. So the smile that crossed his face was genuine and the interest that filled him knew no bounds. "That is fascinating."

Kal'n removed one of the two sabers he wore on his person, a curved hilt with a wooden grip. "I did something similar, I crafted this while on Kyshyyk, specifically for studying Form II." He offered the weapon to Ardeo if the man wanted to inspect it for himself. "I don't know much about Jar'kai, but if you need some help I would be more than happy to stumble threw it with you."

"Ah yes, introductions, my apologies. I am Kal'n Drasco, also a Padawan. It's a pleasure to meet you Ardeo." Kal'n would place his lightsaber back on his belt and then hook his thumbs through his belt and look around library, making sure that their conversation wasn't disturbing anyone else. Satisfied that it wasn't he looked back down to Ardeo and decided to take a seat across from him.

"Have you decided if you are going to make your hilt one solid piece, or two separate sabers that connect at the hilts?"

"Ah yes Makashi, I am well practiced in the form. You're lightsaber is beautiful, and well made. The curved design offers ease when using Form II. I do like form II. It never wastes any energy, and has a grace to it. I have studied Makashi, Ataru, Shien, and D'jem so. I like to stay balanced in my fighting style." Ardeo gave the lightsaber back over to it's owner. "I have decided to go with a design of two separate lightsabers, that are identical. They will be able to detach, or attach, so that I can use a single saber, two, or a double blade. It shouldn't be too hard to make, as i have crafted other types of sabers. I run a saber upgrade shop, as a hobby. It is exclusive for jedi obviously. I also carry some jedi essentials, like robes and other training items. I quite like my wrist sabers that I created. I make each one individually, unfortunately I spend enough time making those that I haven't made my own saber." Ardeo set the holo pad down.

"If you don't mind, I would like to take these holo pads about different forms, and fighting techniques for a saber staff to a practice room, and spar with you. It would be a great help and I really want to get some experience wielding a double bladed saber. They have trainer sabers in the practice room, so i'll just use those."

[member="Kal'n Drasco"]

[member="Ardeo Sophos"]

Kal'n's shock was as clear on his face as it was in the Force when Ardeo told him that he ran a shop. Kal'n didn't even know Jedi were allowed to do anything of the sort. "I ...uhh.. wow. That's pretty impressive Ardeo. You must rival even the most experienced Jedi when it comes to lightsaber construction." He was smiling from ear to ear and gave a laugh. "Here I thought I was onto something when I crafted two of my own." He stood up then, brushing himself off.

"I think that sounds like a great design and it's something I would do. If you know how I would suggest making one, or both, dual phase sabers. That would give you a lot more options. I've never built one myself, but I hear that they add a lot of versatility." Kal'n thought for a moment before continuing. "Or, you could try and make two shoto blades that connect at the hilt with blades that alternate sizes? I guess I don't even know if that's possible, I've never seen it." He realized he was mumbling after a moment and promptly shut -up.

After another moment of silence he spoke again. "Yea... training, that sounds like a fine idea. I have been borrowing some recording droids to record my own sessions so that I can go back and watch them later an compare them to other lessons that Knights and Masters have recorded. It's the best way I've found to essentially teach myself."

Ardeo smiled slightly as his new friend trailed off a little. "Yea, I probably could do that. I'm sure it would take a little research on my part as I actually haven't attempted that. I do always make my sabers with a flash back water seal though, so they won't short out in water. I don't know if you added that to your lightsabers, but it is a really helpful system. anyways why don't we start heading to the training room."

Ardeo put the holopads in a small satchel he had on his back, and stood up. I have to say it is good to have someone to talk to. I have been so focused on work recently, and honestly haven't made a ton of friends. So what are your plans, as far as your jedi training? I plan to join the jedi shadows I think. I want to found a new branch, and I have just about gotten permission. I am going to start the Jedi Rangers. They are going to be a specialized scout regiment for the jedi. We will run scouting missions to planets that have not been fully explored, and if there is danger, make a report, and sometimes if it is serious engage. My hope is to also have us work directly along other shadows. We may very well even be engaging the sith. Unfortunately I am still looking for people to form the corps. with. I am going to be making specialized gear for all members. Of course they can all keep their own sabers, but they will also all get some more... unique gear. "
[member="Kal'n Drasco"]

[SIZE=medium][member="Ardeo Sophos"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“A flash back water seal?” Kal’n had looked into building lightsabers before but that was something he had missed entirely. “Tell me, how does this seal work?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As Ardeo stood up and packed up the holopads into his satchel Kal’n gave one last look around, making sure there was nothing that he wanted to bring with as well. There wasn’t. He would fall in line with the fellow Padawan as they left the Atrium. “The Temple can be very large, with so many people. I find it a bit intimidating at times..”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kal’n listened as Ardeo explained his dreams and what he wanted to accomplish. Kal’n was skeptical to be sure. “The Masters let Padawans and fresh Knights form such organizations? I thought that they would require individuals with more…well… you know, experience.” He gave a shrug as he explained.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“My plans are undecided. I will let the Force guide me.” He clasped his hands behind his back as they walked, head tilted down in thought. “I simply wish to become a Knight first. When that happens then I will worry about where my skills will best fit…” He paused for a second, his lips curling into a smile. “… but since you asked, I believe my skill-set leans towards that of a Sentinel of sorts. I see the need for skills outside what the Temple can teach.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“What sort of unique gear?” He asked, his interest now truly peaked.[/SIZE]

"A flash back water seal is a simple name for a Bifurcating Cyclical-Ignition pulse. It basically uses two focusing crystals to constantly flash the lightsaber on and off. It happens so fast that it just looks like a solid blade. This keeps the water from shorting out the lightsaber. As far as weapons go for The rangers, I am working on a energy bow modeled after the ones the Nightsisters of Dathomir use. Unfortunetly they are extremely complicated. I can't seem to get them to work. The bows use a string of pure energy. Along the string is a handle for the user to hold so they don't burn their hand off. This handle is aligned with a hole in the body of the bow. This is where the arrows are formed. You have to load cartridges, of individual magnetic field creators into the weapon. These slide into the handle, and when you pull it back the magnetic filed draws, and contains a singular energy arrow. When you release it fires the arrow and the magnetic field generator. This keeps the arrow from dispersing."

Ardeo sighs "I wish I could get it to work. It should hopefully be ready by the time I am allowed to from the Rangers. Of course I do have to be a knight first. Though it shouldn't be too much longer now. I am also making a high tech stealth generator, some sweat uniform robes, a grappling hook system, and some other cool weapons. I'm making smaller lightsabers, basically knife sized, so that they can be used in very close combat, and even thrown. Anything else specifically needed by individual Rangers I can specially make. The Rangers aren't going to be run of the mill jedi. We are going to train to be the elite. We aren't just going to learn to use the force, and lightsaber skills. We will train in slicing computers, hacking past security, real skills. We'll have our fighter who prefer ranged combat, those who prefer close combat with a lightsaber. Well for now I need to focus on getting people who want to join. Any way, looks like we are here so let's go in."

Ardeo sets his stuff down on the floor of the training room. It is circular shaped with a dueling circle in the center. Their are training droids, flying remotes, and all kinds of training sabers. Ardeo Walks over to a table with some different saber staffs. He pick one with a green blade, and a sleek design, and moves to the center of the dueling ring. He takes some practice swings, as he waits for Kal'n.
Bastila_Shan_saber.jpg

[member="Kal'n Drasco"]

[SIZE=medium][member="Ardeo Sophos"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kal’n paid close attention to when Ardeo was explaining the finer points of the flash back water seal, it sounded amazing, if not extremely complicated with a large margin for error. He had heard of lightsabers that worked underwater before, he supposed that this was how it was done. He was also politely silent as Ardeo went on to explain the different weaponry and tools that these Rangers would use. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“Sounds amazing. You certainly have your work cut out for you.” He replied as they neared the training room. “If I may make a suggestion, I wouldn’t focus too hard on recruiting, if it is the will of the Force then you will be guided and it will happen.” Perhaps Kal’n put too much stock in his belief, he wasn’t sure.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As Ardeo moved to the training sabers Kal’n pulled his curved hilt from his belt, the smooth wood felt comfortable in his hands. “I’ll use this to improve my own technique in Makashi.” He said as he ignited the saber, it’s yellow blade coming to life with the familiar snap hiss sound. He entered a basic Form II stance, lightsaber out to the side before bringing it up in a salute to his opponent.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“Ready?” He asked, a smile tugging at the right side of his face.[/SIZE]

Ardeo Turned to face Kal'n. Deactivating one of the two blades, he too brought his saber up and gave a salute. He bent his legs just slightly, to prepare for any quick movements he had to make, then activated the second blade. He spread his hands out on the saber. keeping an even grip. This would allow him to push, and pull on the hilt, increasing the speed of his movements. He held the saber at a slight angle infront of him. His body was turned to the side, so that his chest was facing to the right.

"I'm ready. I think I'll let you make the first move if you don't mind."

Ardeo was an experienced duelist. He was now analyzing Kal'n, taking in his stance, his movements, everything. He would refrain from using his force foresight, as that did seem slightly unfair.

"I'll use my ataru. It's one of the forms I know that employs dual weapons, Shien, and Djem'so as well. It'll be difficult, but a high speed style might be able to break through Makashi." Ardeo thought to himself.

[member="Kal'n Drasco"]

[member="Ardeo Sophos"]

As Ardeo spoke Kal'n reached over with his left hand and rotated a small ring on the hilt, the ambient buzz sound the saber made lessened noticeably. He had just dropped the power down to that of a training saber, so that he didn't accidentally hurt Ardeo during the match. A slight burn and bruise was one thing, a severed hand or foot was entirely something different.

While Kal'n certainly had skill with the lightsaber, as any Padawan would, he wasn't an expert by any means and he possessed more skill with Shii-Cho and Soresu than he did with Makashi. He felt that he'd be able to hold his own in this match. Of course, his feelings had been wrong more than once before. He noted Ardeo's stance, the way he held the weapon, and just like Ardeo he was looking at ways to use this to his advantage.

"Right, that's fine with me." He replied. With his right foot forward, he presented only the right side of his body to his opponent, his left hand was held back and away, for balancing purposes. Despite Kal'n's rather new take on Makashi he had been practicing the forms for some time, though always against an invisible opponent or a training droid, he had decent form, not perfect but it was adequate.

He would lunge forward, right arm extending as his right foot came sliding out. He aimed for Ardeo's own leg, stabbing low towards his opponents leading thigh. Economy of motion, thats what Kal'n told himself. If Ardeo was going to us Ataru than perhaps he could maintain his distance and aim for grazing attacks until Ardeo showed signs o fatigue. Yea, that sounded like a good plan he told himself.

It was a simple maneuver. Ardeo slid his leg slightly to the right and brought his forward blade down, and to the side of Kal'n's. He pushed his blade left, diverting the lightsaber away from his body. With that he continued the motion, spinning left, and bringing his back blade around, into a side swip into The other jedi's side. Then he rotated the blade counter clockwise bringing it down on his apponents head. He had decent control of the saber. He was very quick so getting the blade around his body, though slightly awkward at first, really wasn't that hard.

After his duel attack he would jump backwards, put I some distance between them, his apponent had more precise attacks, because he was only wielding a single blade, but Ardeo had the advantage of two blades. It would often confuse an apponent, as they attempted to track both blades. A smart duelist knew that if you knew the location of one blade you had the location of the other, for the are joined at the end.

Ardeo was counting on his partners inexperience against a saber staff to compensate for his own lack of experience with wielding one.

((Sorry this took so long. School has started and it is keeping me super busy, and I have to put schoo, before the RP.))

[member="Kal'n Drasco"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom