Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Running up a Tab

SWRes1-3.jpg

The Force had drawn her here to Castilon. At least her latest report to the Jedi Council on Coruscant said that. From a certain point of view that was still true. What she had really been chasing though...A bottle slid her way, one of the cheap ones made from some sort of aluminum casing that most definitely wasn't food-grade. What it was filled with could probably strip paint off a starship's hull if it was the real deal and not the watered down mess she was used to. She took a sniff and recoiled.

"Yep," she muttered with a grimace, "Smells like home." She drank. Port in a Storm.

The bar rumbled as starfighters screamed past, the announcer's voice belting statistics and bravado over the loudspeakers. Castilon was a breeding ground for great pilots. The best of the best AtmoSprinters flew here, screeching through predetermined courses for the best times and the right to call themselves an Ace of Castilon. The tradition went back as far as the time of Palpatine and his Empire. Though the platform that started it all had long since abandoned the world new platforms had taken up shop in the clear waters and upper atmosphere of the planet. The platform she was currently at was called Brazen Falls. It was one of the smaller and older of the platforms. Despite its age its only rep was a bad one. Cheaters, pirates, and scammers called this station home. It was also a hot bed of smuggling and trafficking.

It was why the drinks were so good. And cheap.

"You keep runnin' up that tab and I'll throw you on the track with the Mauler Temp." Thalia, or Temp as she'd become known here, shrugged and took a long drink, the alcohol burning down her throat. Yes. The 'Force' had brought her here. And kept her here for at least thirty rotations.

"I'll pay it. My credits are good here right?" The barkeep scoffed and moved to speak to another customer.

Jack Sandrow

Writer, Character, Invasive Species
"I've got hers." A tall green-skinned being waved down the bartender. "And mine. Two shots of Corellian whiskey. The good kind, please." The rattle of credsticks in his hand was more than enough proof he was good for it.

"Howdy." He waved to the other, scooting up a tad closer. "What's got you in the bottle?" His drinks arrived, and he downed one smoothly, holding onto the other to let it warm a bit in his hand. "Bad race?"

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

Thalia grimaced but raised her bottle in appreciation.

"Never had a bad race in my life." The bartender scoffed at that. Thalia flicked a bottle cap at his rear. "No, not a race. Can't a girl just like to drink?" She took another swig. Wooziness began to take her but she quickly and discretely purged it with the Force. She had to be more careful.

Jack Sandrow Jack Sandrow

Jack Sandrow

"Oh no judgment here." He raised the shot glass gently. "I'm just the curious sort. And trying not to be the judgmental sort. Spin me your yarn, if it's not too intrusive of me to ask."

For him, it was smuggling that brought him here. Smuggling and the occasional counter-smuggling. Though if that was to be shared with his new drinking buddy, there'd have to be some reciprocity. This job required trust, after all.

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

"My Yarn?" She chuckled and took a long drink. "Salt and spray, if you've got three hundred creds to burn on a lass you've just met who am I to withhold a little bit of a story?" Well, he asked for a yarn, not the truth.

"I'm a fine arts buyer. A lot of pain came out of the Second Great Hyperspace War, but a lot of...Interesting art as well. Especially from the Brotherhood of the Maw." She smiled, giving her bottle a swirl, "People don't often think of those brutes as artists...And it is definitely an aquired taste. Lots of black. Lots of..Sharp angles, if you get my drift." Sith artifacts were contraband in most parts of the Galaxy these days. With the fall of Carnifex's Empire and the rapid rise and fall of the Sith of the Maw though they were plentiful on the black market.

Old Sith-Imperial admiral with a dead Sith lover? Search his sock drawer and nine times out of ten he has some sort of alchemically enchanted bobble. Find Maw salvage? Tainted metal could go for a lot to the right buyer. It was also why she was out in the Galaxy trying to track it all down. Before these new Sith got their hands on too much of it.

"Mind you," she said, "I'm no smuggler. So don't ask me to bring it near any Alliance station. I'm just looking for sellers."
Jack Sandrow Jack Sandrow

Jack Sandrow

He nodded, thinking back to what (admittedly little) he knew about fine art. "Definitely an acquired taste. I prefer the smooth curves of nature - the little details and the natural lines all intertwining to create something greater than the sum of its parts. But... I don't begrudge people their tastes." He gave her a half smile, finishing his glass.

"So, if you'll let me hazard a guess... you need to finish a job before leaving Castilon? Or... you need someone's help with a job before you can, in good conscience, leave Castilon?" Yeah he was being a bit intrusive. Though, if one wanted to get things done, he knew no other way than the straightforward path.

Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom