Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Runaway

Kilum Bralor
Interacting with: [member="Darth Abyss"]
The black of Bralor's visor simply stared back into the unending, gaping darkness that filled the empty eye sockets of where the man that was supposedly Abyss sat. Strangely, it didn't seem to bother him - the darkness that came from the Sith Lord or the view into every being's future within his eyes. Very little bothered Bralor anymore, and even less scared him. Sometimes, he had moments of pondering, as to why he didn't have these bothers; others did, after all.

But in the end, that didn't matter. He was as he was, a killer and Hunter and damn well good at it. It was pretty much the only things that he was good at. He'd tried his hand at a few different professions - Security, Cop, Father. Not a single one had panned out in the end, and he wasn't planning on trying any of them again.

"Depends on the arrangement." Despite the reputation that being a Mandalorian tended to infer, Kilum was no simpleton. Sith Lords were inherently scheming and plotting, and the kind of Sith Lord that looked the way Abyss did and being able to make something like Narcissa were usually the smarter types - the ones that thought a lot about what they did. He didn't need exposition on Narcissa or him to understand the basics of how much work had likely gone into the whole thing.

His answer though, was honest more than anything. After all, he considered himself naturally a bit skeptical, and he never agreed to anything or acted like he would without seeing the terms first. It was just business.

"I expected nothing less."

Like before the husk raised his left as a silent command, and the same pale agent that had handed [member="Kilum Bralor"] the datapad and weapon during the first meeting stepped forward, yet another small device in his hands. The datapad's content was a more detailed version of what Abyss was about to say, adding numbers and precise conditions to his words. It also contained a clause on the hunter's pay, offering a minimum for every contract of a 100000 credits, and a list of accepted complications that would be added as a bonus.

"I want to offer you the exclusive rights to any of my bounties. Should the pay and the target interest you, then I will abstain from making the contract public. Additionally I am willing to outfit you with the gear and intel you need for those jobs free of charge. Finally I offer you the promise of security and prosperity wherever my hand reaches, from Nar Shaddaa to Katarr."

Abyss always begun a business negotiation with the sweet side of a deal, so that the temptation would already be there to outweighs the price. Yet in this case the price was only a little one, and the entire contract had been designed to bring a mutual benefit. For the Prophet money and physical resources meant very little, and if they bought him merely the advantage of having one possible enemy less.

"In return I ask for some common courtesies. I care little who you hunt as long as my operation is not compromised through it. Should there be a bounty that affects me or my organization negatively, I require a veto that prohibits you from pursing them.

Kilum Bralor
Interacting with: [member="Darth Abyss"]
It was an interesting offer. If he knew Sith Lords, it probably wasn't intended to be short-term, either; Abyss would see him as an asset, and that suited him just fine. He was selling himself that way, after all. Kilum considered it in his head, along with all the angles involved. Maybe there wasn't any official contract, but his word was his word, and he stuck to it as much as he reasonably could. He mulled over what the possibilities were before he gave that away.

Minimum pay with additions was good - along with the intel and equipment. Sith Lords usually had an angle, but again the same thing came to his head. Abyss was a very odd kind of Sith, if he even really was one in the typical sense. He had one ship, and sure, he had the disgusting peons clinging onto his shadow like other ones did, but most would've already tried to blast him now for the insolence of even asking about the arrangement before accepting.

Perhaps he was the benefit to Abyss in another way. He wasn't on another side. Which meant Abyss thought someone else would be likely to pay him - possibly to deal with Abyss himself. Would explain why he didn't frequent Sith Imperial space. So he could likely rule them out, or at least certain people and contracts if he accepted. Regular Sith were always flaky, though; refusing to pay or going off and getting killed by an apprentice before he got his money. An apprentice who often didn't count their master's old debts.

Finally, he broke the silence. "Done." It was resounding, and without any falter. He'd considered the options as he saw them, and Abyss had put a good deal in front of him. No reason not to accept it, and there were already plenty of hunters competing to work with the people he assumed to be the Darth's enemies. Less would have exclusive contracts with guaranteed pay. "I'm ready whenever you have a quarry. Don't expect me to stay here, though." This place wasn't really his style, but most importantly, a hunter needed his independence and his movement. The galaxy was a big place, and it was always spinning.

"Of course, as I said you are free to go."

With the deal accepted there was really no reason for the bounty hunter to stay on the Eldritch any longer. Their business for the day had concluded, and they both had probably better things to do then to awkwardly stare at each other. Before the hunter could leave, the husk reached into his robe and produced a small pouch he had almost forgotten about.

"Before you go, here a little parting gift to seal our deal."

In a casual motion the hollow figure chucked the pouch towards the Mandalorian, before turning around without any further reaction. Inside @Kilum Barlor would find two small objects that were slightly vibrant with the force if he could even feel such things, as well as a piece of paper that contained the details on how to use both objects.

The Mark of the Prophet was a symbol known to all that served Abyss and was both a sigil of his protection and a weapon in prefect disguise. The other was a small ring that could be used to communicate safely, in case that the digital way would ever be compromised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom