Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumors in the Swamp (PM to Join)

[member="Dōkeshi"] [member="Jaster Awaud"]

This was a miserable planet, and despite the fact that his species had long made fine scouts, this wasn't exactly the sort of planet that his physiology was best adapted to scouting. Exhaling, he was soon doing an inspection of his vessel to ensure that it had landed correctly on land that, while soft, was at least stable enough to hold up the ship for now.

There certainly wasn't much solid land here, so even that was a luxury to him.

He had heard a few whispers in regards to secrets being held here, and without anything further keeping him at Cloud City he had no reason not to go investigate personally. What surprised him the most, however, was not the fact that upon touching down it looked like the planetary surface had remained relatively unchanged.

Rather, what had surprised him was the fact that there still seemed to be relatively few people here even according to his orbital scans. He figured that rumors had to attract other adventurers, and that was honestly why he really came here. Torvas was interested in what sorts of people might show up here, and to be honest while he was no bounty hunter by any means, he figured that it might have been an opportunity to get rekindle a little of his old flame by meting out his own version of justice should any troublemakers have shown up.

For now, though, it just seemed like a peaceful albeit dismal planet that played host to the habogad beast and little else. He wasn't sure whether to believe in the idea that there was a so-called safe house on this planet, but if there were it certainly wasn't attracting any attention. The same went for everything else that was allegedly supposed to be here.

What he was interested in was just what kinds of people these rumors might be attracting.

[member="Torvas Vief"]

Not wanting to land on squishy soil, he spent three hours doing a surface scan to make sure his ship wouldn't hit some quicksand and be sucked into the clutches of the planet. So, when he finally touched down, he'd decided that even if there was nothing here. He was going to spend the night ****it! Leaving his TEA-5 hooked up and locked away in the ship, he set the alarms, and disembarked in his TEA-4 armor. His first step onto the swamp was a wet schlorp as he stepped into either mud or dung. A smacking schlorp was echoed as he wrenched his foot free. A little muddy but no worse for wear.

He'd passed by one other ship on the swamp world, and they might have come here for the same reason. Granted, it was unlikely anyone else was here to recover ships from the marshes, and to lumber some trees for furniture, but they might be. They might even have a cooler reason, but he thought it unlikely.

The other individual hadn't displayed much of an organic odor, which must have meant that [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] was either locked up in a suit or perhaps was a droid. Looking up slowly, Torvas blinked for a few moments. He had been on all fours for most of the time, sniffing around as he desperately looked for the door to what had constituted a safe house.

He honestly thought that he might have recognized the other individual, though he dismissed the thought quickly. If he had, then he would have recognized the smell, which he hadn't. Wait a moment...no he did. He knew the smell of that suit, and realized that the two had possibly met before. Scent, as it was often said, was strongly tied to one's memory, and it was a sense that was a good bit stronger in him than in most because of his canine biology.

Having let loose a gruff lupine noise, Torvas seemed to scoff and sigh, "What are you here for?" He secretly wondered if the other individual was also looking for the safe house prize, but he wasn't going to actually come out and say that just in case he wasn't.

Looking around slowly, he exhaled once more and allowed his ears and tail to stand up to indicate that he was listening and alert.

[member="Torvas Vief"] Well, running into someone he actually knew was a bit beyond the surprises he'd expected, but not unwelcome. His boot stopped at a mere hover over the mud as he looked at Torvas a moment. He usually didn't recall people after the first meeting, but he hadn't seen many bipedal lupines, so he stuck out. Gently placing his foot into the mud like he was testing for mines he replied with the dull mechanical ring of a speaker relaying his voice outside the helmet.

"Scavenging. Heard about ships being commonly swallowed by the swamps. Looking to yank them out and see what is left of them and their contents."

He left out the part about lumber, and instead went straight to getting out his datapad.

"So, I could probably just dive into the swamp, but I want to test the consistency first to make sure I can get back out. What brings you-.....?"

His tone of voice sounded like he meant to add the last sentence differently, but changed his mind before his words became real.

It certainly surprised him to see [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] as well, so Torvas blinked a few moments. The other individual still didn't smell like anything organic, but he figured that had to be a result of perhaps the fact that he was still apparently wearing a hard suit. Blinking for a moment, he stopped sniffing and decided to be honest.

"There is a rumor of a secret repository stored somewhere deep beneath the swamp. I had wondered if I could sniff it out, but all the swampland here, all the organisms...they block it out. Perhaps I would be more successful simply looking for spacecraft as you do."

Pausing for a moment, he focused on the delivery of those last lines that he had apparently spoken differently from everything else.

"If there are things that you are hiding...then perhaps you may say them as I am not one to spread secrets." It was ironic considering that he was talking here about rumors and all that.

That being said, it certainly did seem like he had a better reason to come here than to look for stands of timber. For that matter, Torvas wasn't actually sure whether or not lumbering here was legal.

Leir'mal flew to to this swamp covered planet from rumors he heard while trading with the night sisters he heard that there was something intresting on this planet that his clan could use, he flew in with one of the main ships shuttles as he landed on a small land piece instead of landing in the swamp instead. He had his blade by his side as he sniffed the area "the scent of this planet swamps are going to stick quite awhile" he growled a bit as he got the scent of metal and something similar to him but not really and they both were not far away. he jumped up on one of the branches and swiftly moved by the trees on all four and moved like a shadow quietly on the branches since he did not wanted to get detected unless he knew more about them. He barely made a sound while moving as he stopped on one of the heavier and thick branches and saw the two creatures that he smelled as he scanned them both and growled at the scent of the wolf like creature but it was far from a Worgian, not even close "probably a different race but similar in a except the smell and weak body" he though for himself before he switched his attention towards the man covered in armor "wonder how he can move with so much armor on him, it will probably limit his movements in combat" he though as he smirked. He looked them like a predator waiting for the prey to come.

Torvas Vief Oni-Karat Sevas

Oni still refrained from using his right hand as he put away his datapad, then rubbed the top of his helmet. His real expressions were hidden in his coat of metal, giving no clues to his body language other than how he moved.

"Well, if there is equipment still usable on the ships, I plan to keep them or sell them. I'm looking to keep an armory. If you are going to join me in dragging up ships, it'll cost us both some fuel, so I'll split the profits 50/50."

He tries to convey his sincerity, though it might not be taken well considering he's not willing to show his face. On the bright side, he's picked up readings of a transport in this closest swamp. It might be devoid of any cargo, but it might have something. There was no reading from power cells, so the ship wouldn't be flying off-world.

Oni paused as he felt something. That little bit of instinct speaking up as he felt like he was being watched. His hand went from rubbing the back of his head to it's usual place with his palm resting on the grip of his blaster, but otherwise he talked normally to Torvas.

"So, does that sound like a deal? Oh, and I'm willing to split the lumber, but not sure if you want any."

It was illegal, but legal wasn't exactly Oni's strongsuit. He's just have to make sure he didn't get caught. Not hard.

[member="Leir'mal"]
[member="Torvas Vief"]

As he had suspected [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] was interested in something legal and something else unlawful, or at least assumed to be unlawful. "I am unsure when it comes to lumbering laws on this world, and I am not a citizen of the Galactic Republic, but I would gladly help to extract vessels here. It would do this planet a favor."

Naturally, he was always talking about doing plant and animal life a favor considering that he was much closer to being an animal than many individuals. "As you probably know I have a fairly strong vessel, and if need be I can call out my droid to assist us, though he is currently deactivated."

For what it was worth it would have probably been far more likely that they'd come across a ship than find the almost legendary repository that he was looking for, so he figured that it was best to actually join this quest instead. It would have been more...profitable.

He had no wish to log irregularly though.

While Torvas would have been certainly offended had he heard [member="Leir'mal"] suggest that his body was weak, he could only smell the other individual for the time being and of course he couldn't sense thoughts. As soon as the other wolf-creature showed up his ears immediately perked up and he allowed his tail to come to a point to drive home the fact that he was listening.

With that he let loose a growl that seemed to suggest that the other wolf should identify himself.

Leir'mal noticed the signal from the other wolf as he grinned showing his white fangs, he would then stop hiding as he stood up and jumped down on the ground with a dunce, he looked at the two of them as he growled a bit "so you noticed me eyy?" he said with a tone indicated that he was a bit surprised "i could not help my self from hearing what you two were talking about, i came myself to this planet hearing rumors that i could scavenge for anything useful that my clan could use" he said while looking at them both with his golden yellow eyes, he would then ask the other wolf "what is your race called? since i know that your not a Worgian, your scent is different compared to my kin aswell as appearance" he would say as he switched his attention towards the man in the armor "and you should clean your armor, i could smell it miles away, otherwise i would not have picken the scent of your friend there" pointing with his black claw towards the other wolf "Oh, i almost forgot to introduce myself, my name is Leir'mal, Chiftean of the white snow, the name of my clan and i am a Worgian though i doubt you both know about my kin" he would growl a bit as he examined them.

Torvas Vief
Oni-Karat Sevas

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
While there weren't too many sentient on the planet there was plenty of wild life. Very rarely did anyone stop to consider how their actions may be effecting the animals around them. Large metal ships would come and land scarring many of the animals away from the land they knew so well.

While there was fear of the loud new comers there was also curiosity. In the trees they watched as the three unique looking weirdos conversed. Two of the racket makers were at least slightly familiar. They had fur and looked more animalistic than the third. They seemed to be doing a lot of posing making noise at one another. Most of the noise seemed to be coming from the two furry ones. To the inconspicuous primal observers it appeared as if two males were posing and would possibly get into a fight The winner would get to mate with the female. The one without fur was female right?

Well, things went much better than he'd planned. He was already on a hair trigger from being on an uncivilized world, but the feeling of being watched set him on the edge. Things had gone differently there'd have been quite a bit more shooting. Instead, his eyes narrowed as another beastial-type character began to approach. More canine features, more fur, more smelling. Always with the smelling. His right hand flicked dismissively while his left stayed where it was.

"Eh, I'm in a swamp and my armor is going to get filthy, it can be washed afterwards.", spoke his gruff voice with that robotic ring of the helmets interference. Even so, his dismissive tone was clear.

He does not offer his name to the other wolf as he doesn't see the importance. He only offers a title.

"Don't mind me in your wandering. Just a mercenary making a deal."

His mask was expressionless, and therefore phenomenal at masking his unease, he still felt watched, but couldn't tell from where. He could wait though, if whatever or whoever was a threat, the wolves probably would've picked up on it. His right hand drifted back to his side where he flexed it, and made other idle movements, keeping from actually using that hand. His helmet wasn't directly facing the wolf, but he was calculating mass based on foot impressions in the swamp. It gave him a ballpark estimate in weight...enough for Oni to smirk within his shell. He could throw that if need be.

[member="Kitty"]
[member="Leir'mal"]
[member="Torvas Vief"]

Looking over toward [member="Leir'mal"] he was immediately unsure of why he were surprised. Naturally he had a sense of smell in his own right, and therefore he figured that the other would have realized that he too could have smelled what were going on.

"I am a Shistavanen Wolfman; our species is originally from the Uvena star system. I, however, was born in the Cloud City that floats above the Bespin gas giant."

Admittedly, he did not wish to admit that he wasn't familiar with the other's species, which caused him to bare his fangs. That probably would have made the other individuals there think that this was a mating ritual even more, even though it was not.

Noticing more that [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] was starting to size up the other lupine creature, though, Torvas snarled again. "If you are to issue your name, then you perhaps have a right to hear my own. I am Torvas. My pack is called Vief. Now that this is out of the way, I suggest that we go about our business here. There is nothing to be gained by such posturing."

While he had originally shown up to go and find the legendary repository, that seemed to have totally gone away from him at this point. There were apparently more important things for him to be dealing with. Frankly he had always assumed this planet to be essentially an abandoned nature preserve at this point anyway.

It seemed, though, that he were wrong.

[member="Kitty"]

"as you wish" he said as he got a unfamiliar scent as he new that there was someone watching them, he would growl as he tried to figure out where the scent was leading, he tried to fokus aswell on his hearing as he heard sounds around them then he located someone breathing somewhere in the trees "seems like there is a uninvitated guest with us" he would say as he would slowly grab the grip of his sword, he still tried to figur out where this person hiding somewhere in the trees was located, he would growl to indicate who ever was hiding to get down here before he would have to kill'ém, his white fangs showed up as he growled loudly and looked around "can you sense the person aswell torvas?" he would ask to make shure he was not alone

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
The mating rights posturing continued though there were a few things that didn't add up. First off why was the female objecting or posturing. The animal observers didn't know what to make of the female's vocalization. She sounded weird too.

One of the males surprisingly turned and growled at nobody really. In any case the animals went on with their daily lives. Still taking a look or two at the intruders to their home every once in awhile. A bird of prey was even brave enough to fly down nearby them to get a closer look and also to snatch a fish from out of some swampy water. Bringing it back to his younglings in his tree nest he sat and observed the strange creatures just in case they posed a threat towards his nest and his hatchlings.

Oni did not break his concentration from the new wolfman that joined them. He took two steps back towards the direction of his ship to keep the Worgian in sight until he was out of feasible thrusting range. He wasn't distrusting, but he was naturally cautious. His left palm continued to to rest on his blaster as he turned to walk forward to his ship. He didn't much care as far as the wildlife counted, nothing stood out, and he didn't have that gut feeling of bloodlust in the air, well, barring his own. Even if he wasn't planning to kill anyone, didn't hurt to be ready to.

Once he'd reached his ship, he did a quick 360 to look for anything waiting for him to open the door. If he didn't see anything, he'd shut off his right shock-ball glove so he could open the door, and then enter. Of course sealing the door behind him and wiping his boots off on the grated floor, he'd clean out the grates later. Then he'd go get his towing cables and exit, re-engaging the lock. Next he'd connect it to the ship and carry it back, leading it as he went.

[member="Kitty"]
[member="Leir'mal"]
[member="Torvas Vief"]

"Hey now [member="Leir'mal"] is it? I suggest that you calm yourself. Those smell more like primal beasts than people...no offense intended of course."

Naturally, though, the comment directed toward the beasts would have equally offended him as it were, considering that his biology wasn't all that different at the end of the day.

"Perhaps we should join the other for the remainder of the operation." Despite this comment directed toward the fact that [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] seemed to be collecting his equipment, it didn't actually seem that Torvas was at all letting up on the fact that he were monitoring the more primal creatures who had seemed to take a note in them.

From his point of view, though, this were anything but a mating ritual...

...and he didn't think that was a female under the hard suit by any stretch of the imagination. Sometimes not being a telepathic organism was actually a blessing in disguise one might end up saying.

Turning around, he blinked at Oni.

"Is there anything that I should be able to assist you with? I had already pledged my ship should those services prove to be necessary at all."

he let go of his blade as he growled a bit to himself but he did not like that those watching was up there, he looked at the person covered in armor as he went to collect his equiment "none taken" he would reply as he waited for the armored man to back "if you want i can assist since im not here to fight" he would then walk over to a tree as he crossed his arms and layd his back on the tree waiting for the other one to be done, he rather not linger in this place since still had a uneasy feeling since he got here

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
The one they had originally assumed to be female seemed to leave the two assumed males and she entered a metal contraption. She continued to do strange thing which the wild life around payed no attention to. The actions were too foreign for them come up with any crazy conclusions.

In the mean time the two males continued to blab off while one went to rest against a tree. If there had been any tension it seemed to have passed now. Some of the more intelligent animals who happened to be witnessing the situation might have wondered who the winner is. In any case the curiosity and newness these strangers brought wore off and the only attention they were given were some cautious glances. Nothing the strangers would notice. The animals around were just going about their daily business, nothing was out of the ordinary with the exception of the intruders themselves.

He came back at his usual steady pace, keeping the hook above ground. As he rejoined the group, he worked on making sure his armor was sealed properly, checking oxygen levels, and other such equipment to make sure he was ready for the plunge. The consistency here was just like water until the bottom of the swamp. So it would take a ship to pull it out, but he could just dive in to reach it. He'd sink plenty fast after all.

To Torvas, he grinned and nodded. "Yeah, if you've got a com, I'll share my frequency, otherwise you just hook the split onto your ship and then this line so you can help without worrying about running into each other....but it would mean your ship would be doing a little more work, is it built for towing?"

Oni shared his frequency, because it didn't hurt anything, but first he made sure to fill in the Worgian.

"Oh, we're pulling up ships out of the swamp, there is a cargo vessel on the bottom here. We'll pull it out and check the damage, then go from there on value. Oh, and you can call me Mr. Sevas." ('Save us' is how it is pronounced)

He did not advertise his lumbering, but seeing as his armor was all in order, he detatched his vibroblade from his blaster, and offered it to Torvas.

"Just realized I don't want to be drying out my equipment. Don't shoot anything. The blaster is made for armored targets and would make a nice sized hole in a flesh target, and whatever is behind them."

Of course, he didn't bring anything else, and made sure to turn off his shockball gloves. Lastly, he gave a wave, and making sure to hold to the towing line, gave a spurt with his jetpack to give him some height, and splashed into the swamp, cable in one hand and blade in the other.

[member="Kitty"]
[member="Leir'mal"]
[member="Torvas Vief"]

"At first [member="Leir'mal"] it had appeared you were here to fight, but what would a test of strength prove to any of us?" Torvas smirked a bit, which looked rather weird considering he was a canine. His comments, though, were an insinuation that he, the other wolf and [member="Oni-Karat Sevas"] were all capable of handling themselves in a fight and therefore killing each other in the process probably wouldn't have proven anything.

By this point, the smell of the primal beasts around him, though, was starting to get extremely intoxicating. Swallowing deeply, he did his best to avoid having the pheromones from those organisms overload his senses. While he might have been on a different level of development from them, instincts and such still had great power over him.

The Shistavanen allowed himself to focus on Sevas' words instead. "I have a comm, here I'll give you my frequency too." After he would have exchanged codes with the other, the wolfman nodded.

Accepting the weapon that the other gave to him, Torvas nodded a second time, "I'll take good care of it and I'm sure that my vessel should be able to tow just fine. She was originally designed as a personnel shuttle, but I would not lie and get around the fact that I installed numerous...engine upgrades shall we say?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom