Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ruins of the Dark

EmKay

Author's Note:
I'm not sure if I'm returning. I'm not sure where this will go. Listening to Lady Maria's theme from Bloodborne, I was inspired. Consider this a test of the waters, to see whether or not I want to truly return to writing. Enjoy, if you are so inclined, or simply abide by the statement "A corpse should be left well alone".

The rain ran cold down his face. His splashing footfalls across the paving stones echoed in every direction and did him no favours against his pursuers. His coat trailed out behind him, and his eyes struggled against the chilling water and the imposing dark around him. He cradled the bundle in his arms ever tighter to his chest while his ears strained to gauge how close those chasing him were. The reason for the chase was no longer important. His very life was no longer important. All that mattered was getting this parcel to safety, and prevent them from claiming her.

Left, right, left, and left again he weaved his path through the slick back alleys. Purpose fueled him. His heels dug hard on his pivots, sacrificing speed for traction in the hopes to reach his rendezvous in time. He could now see the end of the alleys. His salvation was only a few meters away and closing quickly. The footfalls behind him died out. He felt giddy, and excitement drove him harder. Nearly there. Almost safe.

He exited the alley.

...And fell.

Tens of thousands of volts coursed through his body, surged out into the water around him, and drove back into his flesh like a hundred biting dogs. His entire body seized, convulsed, and seized again. All he was capable of was a horrible sound caught between a choke and a scream. The hat that obscured his face tumbled off to the side and a bright spotlight obscured his vision. She was thrown from him, several feet away, and against the sound of his own anguish he heard her wails. His shrieks only grew louder from desperation before his world went black. He had lost.

They had her, and he had lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom