Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction RTL Charity Event: Opening of Nytesmyth Academy! (RTL)

The Bloodsucking Philanthropist
Debuting: Natalya Nytesmyth Academy of Medicine

Wearing: This

Objective: Make Bacta-Works presence on Susevfi fully known.

48 hours earlier...

Vera Mina Vera Mina stood over the latest of her family's triumphs, a brand new Biot model. The first of its line, appearance customized for Vera's purposes, clad in a ready made ensemble of fashionable gray.

She was at a brand new Manor she had constructed at Susevfi. Not extravagant like it would have been at Coruscant. It was more rustic, built from local materials. Wood mostly. Perfect for privacy. A signal and scan blocker and soundproofed walls along with a total absence of any information that could be considered vital in manor computers completed it's intent: A countryside meeting place on the beautiful world of Susevfi.

The Biot, ever immaculate looking in her white dress, observed every curve. She had designed the face herself, so that it could not help but bewitch the unwary as her civilian guise often did. It would make it easier to hunt, certainly...

Only one guest was expected today. Vera permitted no one to be on duty at the Manor. What was happening was taking place in strict secrecy.

The security computer warned her the motion sensors had been tripped where she expected them to be tripped. She stroked the Biot's face and headed upstairs, white high heels clicking on a black and gold veined marble floor. Her ivory skin had a slight glow under soft lighting, in contrast to her long, straight, midnight hair and sharp blue eyes.

Vera's artificial heart started to beat faster in anticipation. Her mouth started to water slightly as she walked past vast oil paintings of ancient scenes of war and displays of swords from various cultures.

She smelled him. Scent very much like that of his daughter. The difference was the scent of Obsession was...reluctant...in Nathan.

"Come on out..." Vera called.

Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl turned off the Stealth Field Generator, grim faced as ever, wearing a black Jedi Jumpsuit. He was carrying something in a pink box.

"I'm curious, Nathan...." Vera trailed, walking up to him. "Doesn't it bother you at all that on the day an academy named after your Mother is set to open, an academy you poured millions into the construction of and recruiting of staff...that you will not be present when it opens?"

"No." Nathan answered.

"Why?" Vera asked with a tilt of her head.

"My mother was a master of stealth. She herself would encourage me to not be present, to avoid any chance of me being associated in the open with the facility, OR Bacta-Works." Nathan replied, gesturing to the large pink box he held.

Vera looked at the box. "What's that?"

"Figured since you were deliberately crafting a Daughter for yourself, she might like a wake-up present..." he mumbled.

A smile spread across Vera's elegant, carved from marble face.

"Why Nathan, I've never seen you act so...generous..." she trailed in a feminine purr.

"It's not everyday I watch an Android's idea of birth." he replied clinically, though he felt something dark stir in him as she got closer.

"You have a good taste in perfume." he added idly as he stared at her statue like beauty.

(Nathan has successfully lowered Vera's Will Saves by -1)

"Honeysuckle." Vera answered back proudly, stepping closer.

The pair of deadly warriors stared at each other for a long moment.

"Shall we get started?" Vera asked after a moment of gazing at his artificial green eyes. Her thirst meter was over 9000.

(Vera has successfully lowered Nathan's Will Saves by -1)

"Of course..." he replied.

Vera gestured for him to follow at a leisurely pace.

"Kill anyone interesting lately?" she asked.

"No. Operations have taken precedent." Nathan answered. "Not easy setting up all these supply routes between here and Coruscant. It's a good thing I pay generously so the employees curiosity doesn't get too loud."

"Seek Guidance under the Law of Morals, The Cosmos, The Planets, The Masters, and by Planning and Implementation."

Nathan went absolutely still, staring hard at her. Vera smelled his agitation and turned.

"What is it?"

"Where did you hear that phrase?" Nathan asked.

Vera blinked. "A Clan Li-Ves Maxim." she answered. "Why?"

"I... nothing..." Nathan said suddenly.

"Oh come now... don't be shy..." she flirted with that Firaxa shark smile.

(Nathan's Will Saves have been lowered by -1)

"It..."

Vera stepped closer to him again.

"Yes?" she asked.

"It was something my wife, Lysandra, said once."

"Hmmm... curious..." Vera replied. She went silent, considering it a moment.

"Coincidence."

"I thought Jedi didn't believe in coincidence."

"Only when it's convenient for them."

"Like now?" she asked slyly.

"No getting one over on you, huh?" Nathan muttered, gesturing for her to lead him to her creation.

Vera winked playfully at him and resumed leading him down to her chamber full of quantum computers and genetic alteration equipment.

Nathan beheld the Biot and started to take a seat in the shadows to observe only for Vera to stop him, bidding him to observe up close. He hesitated a moment, then went to the table where the Biot lay. Vera ran a finger upwards on the forehead of her creation and stepped back.

After a few moments, The Biot opened hazel eyes and sat up, looking around her in curiosity before spotting Nathan and Vera.

"Greetings, Young One." Vera said pleasantly, going over and planting a delicate kiss on her cheek "Do you know who I am?"

The Biot studied her. "You're the one who created me. I guess that makes you my mother, huh?" Her voice was crisp and her accent unplaceable, like that of Vera herself. She was clearly trying to be friendly, however.

Vera nodded. "Precisely. I am your Mother. I have brought you into this world. I would teach you my ways, and in doing so, offer you purpose."

"Purpose?" The Biot asked.

"To make the Galaxy a better place." Vera answered.

"What's in it for me, Mother?" The Biot asked.

"Riches. Popularity. Expensive and unnecessary book deals. Tons of jewelry and dresses you won't appreciate after a week. Manors whose rooms you will never explore fully." Nathan answered bluntly.

"But what about danger? Is there danger?" The Biot asked.

Another eye roll from Nathan.

"Of course."

Vera shrugged. "I want her to be cautious in an ocean of soft hearted weaklings who almost always happily submit to Tyranny when there are no Jedi around. Sue me."

"I'd lose." he replied.

"Only because I have already dissected your every possible counterpoint to my statement." Vera replied proudly, smirking.

Her haughtiness and pride, for some reason, managed to tug the corners of Nathan's mouth into a smile for a split second. His face immediately went back to it's normally placid, yet cold expression. Both Vera AND the new Biot caught it, but said nothing.

"So..." he said to the Biot "What's your name?"

"She hasn't given me one." The Biot said.

"I wanted you to pick. I am Vera Mina. Matriarch of Clan Li-Ves. You are a princess of a Royal House of Atrisia. What shall your designate be?"

The Biot thought a long moment.

"Sera Mina." Sera replied.

"It's a pretty name." Nathan complimented tonelessly.

Sera nodded at him. "Thanks."

Nathan went over and presented her the pink box he had brought. Sera tore open the gift wrapping and pulled out an old shotgun.

Sera stared at him with an eyebrow raised.

"For occupational hazards..." he explained.

"Who turns down a free shotgun?" Sera asked, but nodded her head in thanks, respectfully placing it to the side.

Vera helped her daughter off the table.

"Let's talk about your future..."

Fifteen minutes later...

"So...fill me in.." Sera requested as she sat in front of a luxurious mirror with a solid gold frame, trying on various earrings and necklaces lined with fat stones of varying rarities and colors and price tags associated with each. "Why can't you just be CEO openly?

"Someone in my position directing all of this would be cause for suspicion by various Jedi and more than a few Senators, especially should they become aware of the scope of my ambitions. Yet for some reason these same people hardly spare a blink when they think it's someone 'normal' doing it. At most, Senators in Alliance Space will want to impose some sort of tax or regulations, and Jedi...well...I can't recall the last time I saw the Order as a whole really get passionate against any MegaCorp." Nathan answered with brutal honestly.

"How legitimate, legally speaking, are our operations?" Sera asked as she tried on an earring with an impressive arrangement of gemstones.

"The only thing about us in a legal gray zone might be the fact we sell medicine and weapons to Anti-Sith Rebels." Vera answered sunning herself with a sky light above as she reclined on a sofa next to Nathan, who was casually sipping from a handleless cup of hot Atrisian Green Tea, studying the new Biot.

"But I know the laws." Vera assured her. "Those sales were conducted well outside of the legal jurisdiction of both governments we aid at outposts owned solely by us in deep space."

"Bacta-Works is, for the most part, legitimate..." Nathan explained. "It's just that I know me being publicly in charge will draw way too much heat."

"With the unstated purpose being I have a better chance of pushing forth policies that would be automatically mistrusted or ignored if it was known it came from you."

Nathan only shrugged at this. "You catch on fast, I'll give you that."

"But all the heat is on me. If somebody doesn't like me, it's me they come after." Sera pointed out. She liked the idea of wealth and power, but her brain was still adjusting to the risk.

"You'll be protected. The best security." Vera assured her daughter.

Nathan leaned forward. "Alright then Sera...what do you feel would be sufficient compensation for your involvement?"

Sera thought a moment.

"I am not so certain I wish to spend my entire existence in your Ventriloquist act." she said softly but firmly.

Nathan shook his head. "Not forever. Two or three years at most. At certainly not frequently. I'm not going to be one of those morons issuing missives to you for every little thing."

Sera thought it over more.

"I could do whatever I wanted after? Even if it's just being a social climber?"

Vera nodded. "You can do whatever you want now. We really can't order something like this of you."

Sera stared at herself in the mirror, tried to imagine the flashing lights. The autographs. The ritzy glittery clubs her databases described.

"Riches...Popularity...sounds kinda rad..." she noted.

"Alright. I'll do it...even with the risk..."
Sera answered.

"Delighted..." Vera said.

"I can quit any time I want though, right?"

"There will always be someone who wants the paycheck..." Nathan replied. "It's just with you we get a known factor. Someone who has a vested interest in keeping quiet."

"Why spoil a good operation?" Sera replied dryly. "Alright, hand me the relevant files..."

Two hours from opening.

Sera and Vera stared at the Campus, built in the heart of the capital city of Yumfla. The project had been very hush hush. No journalist had managed to learn of the facility's purpose before now. It had taken months to scrounge together the right teachers they were looking for. Sera marveled at the fruits of Nathan's work, buttressed by her Mother's talent scouting. It was two hours before dawn. The massive facility was empty save for staff making opening day arrangements. They stared at it from inside a tinted window Repulsorlift Stretch Limo, colored blue.

"It's beautiful... Mother... forgive me...but he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would be interested in this sort of venture..." Sera trailed as the Limo rode through the empty campus grounds.

"He is a very complex man..." Vera acknowledged about Nathan, glancing at all the eco architecture inspired streetlights from out her window. "He claims it's just a way to create top of line physicians for the League...but I think it's a desperate move to try and convince himself he is different from his progeny. That he creates the means to save a life as much as he is able to take it personally.

"He seems very sad, just by listening to him..." Sera observed.

Vera turned to face her daughter.

"I..." Vera struggled, circuits embedded in her pseudo-organic brain heating as she struggled to process the sensation of guilt. She winced, because feeling guilty about stuff was not how she had been made. But she was trying...

"I...failed...him..." Vera admitted, wincing harder as she experienced a minor glitch.

"I... didn't care about his daughter the way I should have..." Vera went on, face bubbling and twitching for a split second as she struggled to acknowledge actual culpability to the point it actually hurt her, making her double over in her seat, heaving.

"Are you saying you're trying to...atone?" Sera asked, not sure how to help her Mother, who regained her composure after a few seconds of heavy breathing from the struggle to feel guilt.

"I only say that I know I must help him..."

"Why?" Sera wondered.

Vera thought a moment.

"Sera, do you consider yourself a monster, now that you understand what you are?"

"No. I am as I was made." Sera answered.

"Well...trust your Mother on this...other people will not be so understanding, should the truth get discovered. They will consider you a monster, as they would consider me one...and rightly in my case." Vera answered. "I want you to at least have some form of evidence that might have a shot at convincing them otherwise..."

"And what about you? What about the evidence for you?" Sera asked, studying her Mother's reactions. "Or is Nathan your evidence?"

Vera shrugged... "I confess to... uncertainty..."

But she smiled. "But I have every confidence you'll be splendid out there...I made sure your birth certificate and citizenship status were filed well before you were activated.

"Thank you, Mother..." Sera replied gratefully.

Present...

When she at last showed her face before the crowds, the press gathered up front, she awed them with her sheer beauty. Vera had crafted her daughter expertly. The event was completely open to the public, not just as a celebration, but as a charity event.

It was a celebration of opening day for the grand Academy, dedicated wholly to medical arts

"Citizens of Susevfi, and the Trade League..." she began. "I would first like to say it is an honor to make my way to this great and beautiful land to spread my vision as one of its citizens. My name is Sera Mina, CEO of Bacta-Works. And my vision, is one of a safe Rimward Trade League. A Trade League able to boast of being able to feed every citizen, to cure what ails them. To shelter them! And not just them, but the Refugees who came to to the RTL seeking help. What you see before you..." she added, sweeping her hands to the large tables of Charity-Works Meal Pies as well as Charity-Works Fruit Pies of varying sizes and flavors.

"Is a first taste of our commitment! These foods are not only excellent for ordinary populations, they will be hitting the major relief centers in Trade League Space in the millions of tons each within a few days, and regularly afterwards, freeing up our government's precious resources in our collective struggle for survival. But now, I'd like to talk to you about why we're all here..."

She gestured at the Academy behind her, and the evergreen campus which dazzled. But most of the cameras were still on her. The crowd was entranced. She had them.

"Natalya Nytesmyth Academy is a premier institution, painstakingly planned out and put together by I and our dedicated staff at the company--"

(Cutaway of J Jonah Jameson laughing uncontrollably)

"The Academy provides strict guidance, employment to former League Military as our chief source of staff members and teachers and strives to provide the finest in medical education to be found in the whole of the League's territory. Today is orientation day for our students. Tomorrow, the real work begins. But today, everyone should enjoy themselves. Because it's about helping people. That's why I founded Bacta-Works..." she emphasized, captivating the crowds with the sense of mystery about her.....

OBJECTIVE: 1

Eat, Drink, and be Merry! Tour the campus!

OBJECTIVE: 2

Test out our Medicines!

OBJECTIVE: 3

BYOO

Last edited:
Location: Natalya Nytesmyth Academy of Medicine, Yumfla - Susevfi
Attire: Red Dress
Objective: 1
Dialogue Legend: <<Technopathy Link>> │ “Verbal”
Tags: Sera Mina Sera Mina

It was purportedly the most demanding, intensive medical curriculum in the galaxy.

While Calligenia Io had never needed to study in the organic sense (though she did practice and perfect her skills), she could not help but to find her curiosity piqued by the prospect of a medical institution that trained doctors and nurses up to the standards of a medical droid. Such a bold claim was enough to warrant her attending its opening and perhaps, inquiring with the academy’s administration directly, if she could somehow obtain an audience. In the meantime, she listened intently as the CEO of Bacta-Works—one Sera Mina—gave her salutation to the gathered crowd. For her part, the Nuetralizer smiled and offered up her applause once the CEO finished her address. The woman deserved every bit of acclaim for her efforts in bringing the academy to fruition, and yet more. Not to mention, with its ecopunk architecture and vast herbal gardens, there was no denying the fact that the campus was extremely beautiful.

Accordingly, Calligenia took the opportunity to wander the open areas. Before long, the gynoid found herself at one of the buffet tables. Accepting a plate with a slice of apple pie, she offered the cook a grateful smile before taking it to a nearby bench, just outside one of the herbal gardens, before beginning to eat.

However, it was only then that Calligenia realized that she was being followed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom