Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Studies

The Starr broke through the cloud bank on its final approach to the city by the ocean. Oceans..., blue sky, green grass, BB had spent so may months on the arid world of Demonsgate he had nearly forgotten how much he loved such things. This world was beautiful, so vibrant and full of color. Its' sky was inviting, soothing, and nothing like the oceans of fire that hang above Demonsgate.

Once the Starr touched down upon one of the many freighter sized docking pads BB wasted little time and jumping out of his ship to enjoy the fresh clean are. As he strolled in the light of the Keshian sun he lifted his head skyward and enjoyed the feel of the warm light upon his face. Kech reminded him of his home world of Biitu, save all the green skinned family he had their. Kesh was also much more advanced than his little backwater home too. But that mattered little to BB now for he was in the moment and enjoyed the simple pleasures Kesh had to offer.

No sooner had he begun to relax then well engineered speeder car floated to a stop before him and a royal courier exited and approached BB.

"Master Bantam, his royal highness bids you welcome." The courier said as he hands BB a letter, folded and sealed with the royal crest.

BB opened the letter and sees it to be an invitation to join the king in one of the cities many gardens. Smiling BB thanked the courier and motioned for him to lead on. BB was anxious to meet this king even a little nervous in fact, but this would also allow him see more of Kesh is the process so with that in mind he steaped into the waiting car to begin whatever adventure the day had planned for him.

[member="solan charr"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Solan smiled as he walked through the newest city that was still largely under development. It still yielded a populace that made it the fifth largest city on the planet, but that fact was in small comparison to the other cities of Kesh.

The city in question was Mareth, The Ocean's Jewel...

But that bit of exposition was for another time, in another place. Instead he had a small little prospect time to deal with and that was something he was looking forward to. The kid's name was Bryce Bantam, a freedom fighter with the Kathol Outback and someone that Solan had taken a bit of interest in after hearing of his actions on Demonsgate. That hellhole was a place he rarely liked to visit and only did so if he needed to make trade deals with the companies that took up residence on that planet.

Solan was smiling though not because of the meeting itself, no instead it was how he would meet the kid. His appearance was that of a traveler, a bounty hunter would actually be closer to the truth. It was an outfit he had taken out of storage and donned once more after all these years. Hell the last time he had worn this old suit was during his time with the Maw Consortium, a group of pirates that instead of raiding the civilians of the galaxy, attempted to wipe out the slave trade.

It made excited but for a second he composed himself. He could sense Bryce nearing him and he was going to have a bit of fun in testing the kid out before revealing who he was. If all went according to plan, it would be a simple dance between the two fighters, the new and the old.

From the brief conversation BB learned this city's name was Mareth and was still under construction. A sight to behold with gleaming sky scrapers in front of a backdrop of blue ocean and well constructed gardens, BB could help but marvel at the quality of thoughtfulness of its' construction.

Soon however he speeder car came to rest at one of the many gardens and BB was lead to a secluded glade of newly planed coniferous trees. The glade looked empty of life other than himself and the messenger but that didn't bother BB much. He figured royalty like other rich folks he met must be on their own scheduled and this King was probably no different. The messenger excused himself but not before letting BB know his highness should be arriving shortly. So BB was alone, or so he thought. His ability to feel anyone, especially someone who might be trying to conceal themselves was weak at best. So thinking he was alone BB took in the gardens beauty some more.

The smell of blooming flower trees and fresh cut grass delighted his nose as he walked slowly through garden paradise. Soon he came to a stream, with water as clear as glass. Animals and fish of all types played about its' edges and swam two and from the shallows. Enjoying the moment BB relax and let the environment fill he being. He need a rest bit from the constant struggle Demonsgate had become, and here is Mareth was a good a place as any.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Solan's footsteps would soon sound as he drew nearer to Bryce, staring at the younger man for a few long seconds. In short time he spoke up and looked on at the man who had arrived. "Hello, i had heard that you were coming though i must be sure of who you are before i can allow you to speak with the King of Kesh. Instead, i am here to meet you. You may call me by the name of... Void. Yes, that will do for my name." He smiled and drew his hands to his side before raising them once more, for a few seconds he stood there and stared at the man before just shaking his head.

It was interesting to see if this young man would entertain him with this test. The strangeness of this situation was in how to approach it. There were many ways he could consider testing this one, but he figured it would be best to simply see where this kid stood in terms of training. If what he had been told was true, it would show in the fighting style of this one, in his reserve and how he moves and pushes himself. It was a hard thing to truly understand, but at the same time he was confident that there would be some sign, some sureness that this one could be trusted or not.

Solan Charr said:
"Hello, i had heard that you were coming though i must be sure of who you are before i can allow you to speak with the King of Kesh. Instead, i am here to meet you. You may call me by the name of... Void. Yes, that will do for my name."
The man surprised BB a little seeming to come out of nowhere. Turning around BB studied the well armored man who's face was covered in a smooth black helm for a moment before responding. The armor looked thick and well worn with smooth lines. Thinking little of the change in plans BB strolled over to the guard, waved to him and said.

"Hello Void, I'm BB... er I mean Bryce Bantam is my full name. Yeah, so your King wanted to meet me, not really sure why, but when a king summons you it is best not to say no right?"

It was an awkward exchange to say the least. BB was new to this whole protocol thing and was mostly winging it hoping not to offend.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"Right... though i must say that i cant let you see him quite yet, as for why is that I do not quite know if you are truly what most believe you to be." The man smiled behind his mask and started to walk until he was infront of BB. "So, if you do not mind, im going to have to make sure you are that very person you say yourself to be and not some hidden danger that i do not need near the King." He smiled and moved forward to strike his hand at BB, the movement was slower and softer than normal, something to probe the man's defenses and abilities. It was a small thing, a small change in his movements but it would deliver a strong enough message. BB would need to prove himself to this man first before he got to meet the king.

BB saw the blow coming and sidestepped the attack. Not wanting to antagonize the man sent to "test" him he didn't respond in kind. Instead he settled back into a more defensive stance. Not a hostile young man by nature BB now looked slightly confused as to why this man felt the need to take a swing at him. Was this some Keshian ritual BB was unaware of? Possibly a physical greeting like he sees in sports broadcasts where grown men slap each other in the backside? Well whatever it was BB was not going to escalate it and risk not only himself but possible future relations with Kesh in the future for the Kathol Outback. So instead he held back on any signs of aggression and attempted to defuse the situation with humor.

"I don't hear any music but Void if you want to dance just ask." BB said with a smirk.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Solan just shook his head as he smiled behind the mask, looking the kid over as it joked. He was already liking this one but he had to be careful about this, he had to be careful about dealing with the kid and making sure there was no deceit. It was early but already the kid fell into a defensive stance, that was something that he was more than interested in. If this was the kind of man that Solan had been informed of, and if this group of his was the kind he had been led to believe. It would mean that his offer would be going to a protector, and solan wanted to know there were more shields in this galaxy. He was dying, sooner or later he would cease and there would need to be more so he would not hold himself back.

His hands ventured close to himself before lashing out and striking at BB. He would not aim to harm him too greatly, anything that happened would be a bruise here or a ruffed up head of hair on both their parts. He had no interest in hurting BB, only in getting it made clear to himself, that BB was the kind of man that he was being led to believe.

Void's next throw was more precise and carried more power behind it. Still BB was able to deflect it for the most part. His forearm stung from the impact but nothing it wasn't used to. Stepping to the side BB went into a more formal guard and readied himself for the next attack. As the blows kept coming BB continued to shift and attempt to avoid them but his opponent with fast, more so then an average opponent and BB realized this was turning into a full fledged fight and he would soon need to begin throwing back to avoid from getting pummeled.

"Hey, Void I was just kidding about that dance stuff, serious what the deal?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Solan laughed for a second behind the mask and shrugged. "To be completely honest, im just testing you right now and thats all to it." He held back the strike he had planned and thought about the man for a few more seconds. He still had yet to take a full stock of BB but at this point he had a decent mind that he was no danger. None the less he had a bit of curiosity in how long BB could last in a fight.

And with that thought his hands shot out in light swipe, jabs, and strikes that all were glancing blows meant to test the reaction time of the kid. He had no strike aimed to take a direct blow when it came to this little fight of theirs. He was truly wanting to test BB at this point and he had no reason to injure the kid without knowing that what he was facing was a capable young man. What he had been shown thus far supported such, but what he was doing now would simply show him how far BB had gone in training for combat. What was this new age rebel going to show him?

Solan Charr said:
"To be completely honest, im just testing you right now and thats all to it."
Hum, testing me BB though.

"Well I have always been a straight A student, at least in the year plus I have been able to study..." BB replied with a smile.

BB wasn't sure what he was being tested for but sure that would come out over time. This King must be a unique cat, summoning people to his planet then having other spar with them, BB continued to think. Ready to begin part two of the exam BB shifted into a more offensive stance and dug his back foot in a little. Shifting his weight forward he threw a stiff center line jab as Voids head with about 70% of his normal speed and power. Not really enough to do anything, just a punch to kick this little test up a notch and see what happened.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

He let his body travel backwards as Bryce aimed the strike, it was slow, and reserved. That much he could tell easily from the way the kid moved and used his body. His response as he let his body travel backwards was to bring a hand up to swipe the strike to the side if possible, but the redirection was not the end of his own body's movement. Assuming Bryce didn't react fast enough, his other hand would shoot up to grab at the forearm of the jabbing arm, twisting his body to be inline with BB's side. Once inline, he smiled and lifted a leg to shoot out at BB's side, meaning to strike him with a hard kick to the side of the gut.

IF this worked, it should daze or even bring the kid off his feet for a few moments. If it didn't, well it left him with several options of recovery and how to fix the situation he was in. The point of putting his body inline with BB's was to avoid his far hand from grabbing at the attacking for and keeping a hold on BB's hand that was closest to him. It wasn't fool-proof, but it did mean a bit more protection for the man making the strike.

Void was faster then he had let on, and felt the kick coming for his side. With no time to avoid the strike he braced his abs for the impact and tired to turn into it as to absorb more of the blow over a larger surface. As it landed the wind was taken out of BB and when he went to retract back he found his punching arm held up by the grasp if his opponent. As still short on breath he chose not to fight against Voids grip but to use it. Driving his body forward toward his opponent BB bent his arm at the elbow and swung it forward aiming once again for his head, while his free arm went to free his trapped arm.

With any luck this would both free his arm and give BB some space to maneuver.

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

BB would be easily able to free himself, the hand releasing his arm as Solan now began walking to give him more than a few seconds to recover. The Strike BB had made did connect in that attempt to get back from Void, to free himself. It was making his head ring for a few seconds but the helmet had kept him from becoming unfocused because of it. He smiled none the less, BB was growing on him and he had to admit that this kid showed a small bit of promise that he had not expected to be there, and that was what made his hands drop for a second so that he could speak.

"You are pretty decent with your body, id have to say there was a rather enjoyable thrill i am getting out of this little contest of ours. Almost makes me a bit more appy than when i am in my garden, but not quite." He smiled and drew his hands up to the mask, letting it unseal and his hands come down, pulling it from his face. "Hey, a pleasure." The man smiled at BB, his eyes staring and focusing in on the younger.

BB took the seconds offered to him to attempt to stabilize himself. Breathing was labored at this point as the kick had done it's work and staggered him. Still as he rested something ate at him. That face, he had never met this man before but the face looked familiar. After removing his mask BB was now looking into the face of his tester. Where, where did BB know it from. BB kept trying relax and steady his breathing as he recovered from Void kick, no wait not Void. This man BB knew not from meeting, but from study. BB had been smart enough when heading to Kesh to study the man who summoned him, his wasn't some common guard or agent. That face was a leader of men. That face commanded armies and an entire world.

"You're welcome, the pleasure is mine, your Majesty"

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Solan could do nothing but smile as his hands worked to bring the hood down from his head while Bryce worried himself about flattery and titles. God he hated that word sometimes, Majesty. The only one he heard worse was the words 'your excellency' or even that of 'exalted'. It made him want to gag sometimes when he heard those words but he knew it was a result of his own wanting to become what he was a decade ago. He knew that would never change though which is why he sought to teach others instead of simply sit around and abuse the power and knowledge he had.

"You know, you don't have to tall me your majesty. Pretty sure you aren't even one of my citizens so there is absolutely no need anyways. Solan Charr is the name kid, nothing more, nothing less."

BB still tired to also honor the man's position even though he was surprisingly humble by showing him the respect he deserved. To call Solan by his first name would have been insulting at first but as he was told to do so by the man himself to refuse his request would also be an insult. BB breathing was returning to normal after the quick exchange of blows, his heart rate and such calming as well. Still curious as to why he was summoned BB decided to try and steer this conversation away from fighting, for now anyway.

"It is still an honor to meet you Solan, but I'm curious were you just having trouble finding a dance partner was there another reason you summoned me?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"Not at all, i can assure you that i have more than just a quick bout for my reason of calling you here. Infact that leaves me to talk to you about this reason in particular which i need to know if you are more than ready to be able to accept..." He let his body collapse out from under im so he could sit down and continue speaking while off his feet. "The point of our little dance was to test you as a person as well as your abilities. Its a trick i picked up from a old colleage of mine and while i can't quite understand people like she can through it, i can still understand the small things that make up a person and the small things that make each one different. My point is, you are exactly who the stories ive heard spoke off, so i want to give you an offer. I offer you training."

The kid was surprised by the request. His studies of Solan had noted he was a powerful force user , but why him? BB never really thought about training before that. BB knew a few force users but with his personal issues, he was always afraid to bring the subject up. He had worked a little with [member="Veino Garn"], learn the basics of off a hand Shii-Cho form but had done little else with his private training due to the fear of working himself to another rage.

Not feeling it was proper to stand above Solan he kneeled into a basic meditation pose and placed his hand nervously upon his thighs. He thought of his encounter with Nate, Harley, and the incident with the Gungan pirates. Times when his anger got the best of him and he nearly lost himself to it.

"I'm not worthy I'm afraid Solan, I'm not pure enough to learn of the force, to explore its' mysteries. I have had incidents, times when the dark feelings rose up in me, tried to overwhelm me. I can't risk people getting hurt if that happens again."

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

e41f2c1854d63b7291ebe4256db93bd2.jpg

Solan watched the kid, and instead of talking he let his illusions drop from him to reveal once more just how far he himself had fallen in the same way that Bryce was afraid of turning into. His skin turned a chalk white, unnatural and sickly as it showed in their private little viewpoint. His eyes twisted in color from the blue they had been up until this point, into that same sickly look. Yellow, touched with crimson and spun like water down the drain as he stared at Bryce. His veins grew in their noticeable point, turning ebony in color as his hands started to shake and lastly burns showed. From the tips of his fingers to the very face taht looked at Bryce, there sat a monster and a broken man. And only then did this man speak to Bryce.

"Why you are afraid is why i offer you this training... look at what has happened to me without the safety of someone who has experienced just what you are feeling. I learned everything on my own and through that i lost my very self and destroyed my body. I have to continuously keep up that illusion of who i once was because i am unable to cure my mistakes... if there was a way to you would bet i would take it but at the time i know of no cure for what has happened to me. These dark feelings though are not a thing you should be afraid of, its what you do because of them that is the only thing to fear. Every day i risked hurting those around me, and every day i hurt those that i deemed mistakes on this galaxy... for all purposes i am no better than slavers, murderers, sith, or even the Dark Jedi that taint the power they have..."

He closed his eyes as the illusion returned, returning his features to the uncorrupted one that he favored.

"I want to help you avoid the mistakes i made in my past. I want to help you avoid becoming the monster, the murderer, and the reaper that i had become. You need not be pure, no one is. Not even the Jedi who hold themselves on such a high pedestal. Our emotions, the thoughts we have, good and bad are what make you and I both living beings. I want to help you learn the powers that you were given as a gift so that you don't hurt people if they start to become erratic, so that you don't create a demon out of a man."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom