Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Royal Guard Power-Armor MK I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
auSUsW.jpg
eat3d_mech_final_render_by_mikejensen-d3a9d6e.jpg
Image Source: http://mikejensen.deviantart.com/art/Heavy-Mech-Final-Render-198631670
Intent: To Create a powerful armor for Mierins personal guard's elite forces(Any PC Imperial Royal Guard)
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/35923-lets-get-phriky/
Manufacturer: Intergalactic Solutions
Model: Royal Guard Power-Armor/RGP MK I
Affiliation: Intergalactic Solutions
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Phrik, Terenthium/Desh, Armorweave
Classification: Power Armor
Weight: 83.7kg
Quality: 10
Description:
The Royal Guard Power-Armor was designed for one reason and one reason alone, to protect Mierins Imperial Royal Guardsmen from the dangers of todays battlefield. Of course the Armor is experimental, and it is only produced in low numbers, however it is more than enough to protect those Royal Guardsmen that Mierin takes with her onto the battlefield.

The Armor itself is wholly unique, massive, bulky, and heavy beyond what a normal human being could sustain on their own the RGP MK I is designed to work with powered servos instead of the wearers own strength. This means that the armor is classified as “Power Armor” and thus is far more difficult to maintain, construct, and wear, it also makes the Armor somewhat weak to EMP's. Though they will not disable the armor due to its thick natural shielding and preventative systems, it will slow it to an extreme, the computers that run the servers needing time to “kick” the effects of the EMP so to speak.

When one looks at the RPG MK I it seems to be nothing more than a massive, bulky piece of metal. Inf act, this is relatively true. The RPG by design is nothing more than a huge piece of armor. Its first and most inner layer is an Armorweave body suit worn by the Imperial Royal Guard within the armor, this Armorweave bodysuit means that even if the outer layers of the armor is breached, the Royal Guardsmen will be somewhat safe.

The Second layer of the armor is made of a Terenthium and Desh. These two metals when blended together make a very powerful, very strong flexible metal. This means that the sections underneath the armor that are not covered in phrik plating are still very hard to pierce through, but a lightsaber, or a highly precise sniper could in theory place a slug into this soft section of the armor. This is a glaring weakness, but it was deemed necessary due to material restraints.

The last layer of armoring the RPG MK I affords its wearer is a solid layer of Phrik platting. This Phrik platting was designed and created to afford maximum protection. The Phrik plating covers the arms, head, torso, and most of the legs. It affords quite a bit of protection, being resistant against lightsabers and blaster shots as well as being difficult to penetrate with most slugthrowers. In effect, this armor made the wearer into a walking tank, giving them unmatched protection while also offering them assault capabilities.

The armor aside from its actual damage prevention systems also has other hidden features. The first of these features are the most basic, it comes standard equipped with a Heads up Display, Mag Boots, and a communicator mounted into the helmet. Along with these systems the armor is also fully sealed, capable of lasting for 5 hours without oxygen refill, this however can be mitigated by simply opening the armor up on terrestrial worlds and allowing the soldier to breath, though that presents the obvious disadvantage as it leaves the wearer with an exposed face. On the back of the armor is also a set of jets. These jets are not powerful enough to lift the armor on the average planet, but are in fact designed to let the armor move around more effectively in space, as well as give it an extra strength boost if needed in combat.

These basic features were enhanced by a few more complicated additions to the armor.

The first of these additions was one of the primary functions of the Royal Guard Power-Armor MK I. The fact that the armor was so heavy meant it required strength enhancing servo's in order to actually function, instead of giving the armor just enough, the designers decided to go overboard. The armor now enhances the wearers strength almost five times what a normal human male is capable of. This gives an obvious huge advantage as added strength is generally a very good thing.

The other added benefits the Armor has is located within the arms. Attached to the right arm is a single AT-1 Wrist Mounted Slughtrower. This weapon was ironically purchased through several holding companies from the Mandalorians then placed onto the armor. Below the the AT-1 was a single Phrik blade. This blade was 12''inches long and extended over the right fist. The knife gave the Royal Guardsmen the ability to fight Jedi and Sith alike without having a weapon that gets destroyed in five minutes. Finally, on the left arm of the power armor is located a small flamethrower. This flamethrower's tank is located in a compartment beneath the phrik plates on the gauntlet of the armor. Each tank lasts for only a 5 second burst of direct flames before being needing to be switched out. Switching out the tanks takes anywhere from 10-15 seconds.

Though this armor has massive benefits, there are also a few downsides to its use.

The first of these downsides was the size of the armor. The RGP made the user over 9 feet tall, no matter who wore it. This obviously made maneuvering difficult, turning all its wearers into lumbering hulks rather than nimble Royal Guardsmen. Along with making Maneuvering more difficult it also made each of the Royal Guardsmen into huge targets, though this generally isn't an issue since they're usually targets anyway.

The Second downside of this armor is again given to their size. This armor is quite literally impossible to put on by yourself. In order to dawn the RGP MK I one requires two other people. These people move around and apply each of the armors plates one by one. The process takes about Twenty minutes at the very least, meaning that in order for someone to don this armor, it takes time to do so.

The Size of the armor also makes using regular arms far more difficult than one would expect. Normal Blaste rifles and pistols are difficult to utilize, and most weaponry has to be customized.

The last downside of the armor pertains to its materials. Being made of Phrik and Terenthium/Desh it is quite simply impossible to mass-produce this armor. It takes time to build, repair, and maintain the RGP MK I, because of this, only about a hundred of these armors exist and it is unlikely that more will be built in the future.

Along with all these features, the armor is of course painted stark red.

Special Features:
-HUD
-Enhanced Strength
-Mag Boots
-AT-1 Wrist Slugthrower
-Wrist Mounted Flamethrower
-Wrist Mounted Phrik Knife 12''
-Vacuum Proof
-Communicator
-Back Mounted Jets
-Multiple Compartments

[member="Darth Mierin"]

• Weaknesses of this armor are not enough for me, being cumbersome and having two people put this on doesn't mean it qualifies as a weakness. Can we look into adding something else?
  • Additionally, layering Lightsaber resistant material is against the Factory rules. Duranium can be qualified to an extent as an LR material. Phrik is a LR material. So I'm going to have to ask one or the other be removed.
  • I have a hard time grasping the concept of 10 hours of O2 without resupply. What about combat situations? I just see someone huge running around being 9ft tall with 83 KG of armor not burning through it.
  • I also would like to see, to make this happen, a development thread outlining the creation of the armor.
I imaging this is something like the Dark Empire armor and I am not against it, I am just covering my bases to prevent any PC character from abusing the armor. I do like the overall concept though.

J3C0

J
1. I replaced the Duranium with Terenthium and Desh alloy. I also stated this to be the armors weakspot, this part of the armor is now incapable of deflecting a lightsaber and i also stated that a well placed high velocity slugthrower round (Like there are many of on this board)could in theory pierce through this part of the armor. This coupled with my reducing breathable oxygen time to 5 hours i think gives the armor big enough weaknesses that it should be acceptable.

2. The Dev thread details both the creation of a Mine and its funding, as well as the creation of the armor itself. I though it easier to keep it all in one thread, then to create two. The First page is mostly about the mine, the second is about the armors creation and testing. At 40 posts i felt it more than sufficient given precedents set, however if more is needed i will keep going.
[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom