Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Ganathan Trade Company

Zofia Marek

Master and Commander
Corporation Name: Royal Ganathan Trade Company

Headquarters: Ganath

Locations:
Operations: General Trade/Merchant activities both armed and unarmed

Rationale:

Tier: 2

Description:

Financially backed by the Royal Crown of Ganath, the Royal Ganathan Trade Company is primarily a trading company headquartered on Ganath and operating in the local area.

The company is led by an official Board of Directors, each Director heading up a different region or locality of the company. This Board is in turn headed by a Chairman who takes the advice of the Board when determining the company’s path.

Below the Directors are various levels of management staff that coordinate and ensure that resources and products move at a steady rate through the various supply lines put in place by the company itself. In addition, they are tasked with maintaining production levels, regulating work loads, assigning proper labor where it is needed, and maintaining the welfare of the company’s employees.

The RGTC’s main goal is entirely profit based and while they will ruthlessly pursue that goal, they only avoid cutting unnecessary corners along the way. In fact, ensuring a relatively content workforce is key to their production along with maintaining legal minimums where necessary. In addition, as the company is primarily backed by the Crown of Ganath, the company has been given a tax exemption status from all trade and activities within Ganathan borders, allowing the company to operate with a lower overhead and higher profit margins than almost any competitor in the area.

The company is funded in part by an investment system where prospective shareholders are periodically able to purchase stock in the company and earn revenue based on their shares in the company. Despite this, the Board and Crown maintain a controlling share (51%) of the company through various means and methods in order to maintain full ownership and control of the company’s direction, assets, and function.

Lastly, the RGTC has been granted Letters of Marque for each naval ship under its control as well as legal paperwork that allows any ground troops the company possesses to engage in counter-piracy actions. The justification is that, as the RGTC is not a galactic nation and only a company in and of itself, that only those engaging in piracy would attack merchant shipping. Ganathan Letters of Marque and legal documentation ensures that, as the ships are operating with Ganathan licenses, the ships are justified in retaliating against piracy when and where needed including the ability to destroy, burn, or take a pirate vessel - or pirate property - as prizes.

With the company now in place and the corporate gears turning, the Royal Ganathan Trade Company is well on its way to becoming a major economic power in and around Ganathan Space.
Subsidiaries: N/A

Parent Corporation: N/A
Development Thread: It’s Just Good Business

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Zofia Marek"]

The locations for a tier 2 is 3 locations including the HQ, so one of the planets needs to go. Otherwise, it looks pretty good, edit that out and I will pass it to pending.

Zofia Marek

Master and Commander
[member="Zef Halo"]
A quick glance through the rules shows nothing that says that. I could be wrong, it might be tucked in between sentences somewhere, but in as much as the actual spot where it details locations, it says nothing about numbers, just that setting up shop in, say, Crystalsong and having your HQ in Raxis Prime is a bad idea and frowned upon.

Corporation Name: (Straight forward. What's the corporation called?)

Headquarters: (Where is the corporation based? CEC is based out of Corellia, KDY is from Kuat.)

Locations: (If your corporation is large enough, where else have they set up shop? You're not strictly limited to setting up shop in nearby systems, but you shouldn't be hopscotching around the galaxy either.)

Operations: (What does your corporation do? What do they make? This can be multiple things, such as vehicle manufacturing, shipbuilding.)

Rationale: (How did your character come to own and control the company? Did they make it? Hostile takeover? Clever political scheming?)

Tier: (How big is your corporation? Max: 2 This is done on a scale of 1-6, with 1 being a very small company, generally producing only a handful of goods at a time, with very little support or influence in the galaxy. Think mom and pop shop. 5 is a big, big name in the galaxy. Each Tier is exponentially larger than the last, so a Tier 3 Corporation could have one or two Tier 2 corporations as subsidies without a problem.)

Description: (At least a paragraph description of your corporation. The higher the tier of the corporation, the more we expect from the description. If we feel like the description isn't adequate for the requested tier, you may be asked to include more detail or lower the tier. Particularly for player-made corporations, this should detail some of the processes of how the company does business. Does it accept private manufacturing requests? Is it loyal to a particular government or faction? Are they a benevolent corporation, or do they grind planets into dust for money? It's the little details like this that we're looking for.

Subsidiaries: (At Tier 3, if you so choose, your corporation can start owning other companies. If your corporation owns a company or multiple companies, this is where to list them. Subsidiaries require their own company submissions. Development threads would need to be done to show the work of the corporation. This is not something that you should expect to change easily, and we will be looking closely. Every time you add a new subsidiary, you must place a company mod to update it on the parent corporation sub.)

Parent Corporation: ( If this corporation is a subsidiary of another company, please name and link that parent corporation here.)

Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

If this is written somewhere, would you mind linking it and pointing out where it states as such?

In addition, two of those locations are literally within the same system. Nar Shaddaa is (to quote Wookieepedia) "... the largest moon of Nal Hutta" and so they would be within the exact same solar system and easily within the proverbial stone's throw of each other. Why they're split up on the map, I have no idea.

Lastly, even if the locality of Nar Shaddaa and Nal Hutta is rejected, there's a 10 post dev thread linked in the submission solely for the locations given. You'll note that locations on Nar Shaddaa, Ziugen, and Nal Hutta are clearly referenced in the thread as locations for the company and that Ganath is placed as the company's headquarters. While not every post literally states each place each time, the entire thread is discussing the foundation of the company and its proposed locations. In addition, my character clearly states that the packet of information/paperwork she gave the NPC representatives of Ganath details the exact same proposed locations listed later in the thread, which ties the initial posts back to the second half of the thread and makes them relevant.

Development Thread: It’s Just Good Business

Zofia Marek

Master and Commander
[member="Zef Halo"]
Sorry for the double post, but apparently it was much higher up in the thread for outlines and such. Maybe want to drop that line into the actual template for simplicity?

Anyways, despite that, I'd argue my second two points stand. My apologies for the double post, however.

[member="Zofia Marek"]

The rules do state that there is 3 locations for Tier 2 and I see you saw that so I won't go into that. My initial thinking was that - yeah, Nar Shadaa is technically part of Nal Hutta since it is its moon but I weight in the fact that it is developed as much as a 'first-world' planet. That was my reasoning of considering it as an additional location.

Either ways, I concede to the dev thread. I did not see it and that's a mistake on my end. Hence, it all checks out for me now. Apologize for the delay.

Zofia Marek said:
Maybe want to drop that line into the actual template for simplicity?
Aye, good point. I will drop it to the big bosses upstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom