Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1: There is no place more sacred to the Jedi… (Nerius vs Mullarus)

Darth Timoris

To err is human, to forgive divine. And I'm no god
8c6c52860df6cc8821c3757d4bd94750.jpg

The Crystal Caves on Ilum were located deep within the side of a mountain cliff on the frozen world.

At the mouth of the cave was an old Jedi temple – where literally thousands and thousands of Jedi will have journeyed through to find the crystal their hearts desired.

So where better then to host a duel between two of the One Sith.

The interior of the caves were made of a shiny black stone, a rock that swallowed light rather than reflect it. In the black stone grew the crystals that the Jedi coveted and the caves themselves were a labyrinthe of darkness and mystery.

Weaving between the pillars of stone was a bridge that was erected and led into a large open area and a dais was here where the Jedi would come to complete their lightsabers. The bridge started at the main door and led most of the way into the cave’s great chasms. It was the one and only reference point in what was otherwise a site that was impossible to navigate through.

There were also two cells presently in the caves. Brought in especially for the event, one housed [member="Nerius"] and the other [member="Mullarus"]. They afforded neither combatant much room to move and the bars of the cage were durasteel and unforgiving. The fighter’s goal, as briefed, was simple. Defeat the other.

Oh, and was it mentioned that the cells were locked? How remiss. Yes, they were both currently locked in. And then a claxon sounded.

Let the games begin.

How incredibly uncomfortable...being transported like cargo

Mullarus hung on the durasteel bars of the cage, observing the surrounding area. He could not see his opponent anywhere, and has had nobody tell him whom it would be, only that it would be a fellow acolyte. Dressed in his grandfather's old black and red robes and armed with only his Sith-Code Engraved Vibrosword and the Force, Mullarus was ready to test himself.

Defeat would not be dishonor, but victory is my desire

The young man looked around and thought if a way to escape this cage.

[member="Nerius"]

https://youtu.be/NHSQbn7_sP0

Nerius yawned a great and terrible thing, his jaw stretching far past where the average beings bones would dislocate then snap. His eyes remained still, staring straight ahead, through the bars of his cage. With ease, the Pink Monster could have moved through such, to be free, yet he knew these to be Games of a sort.

So he fought the overwhelming boredom that lurched then hurled at his sanity as it tried to defeat him. He bit down on such though, knowing it would make the rage he felt against his opponent that much better!

Hion's teachings told better than to lose control to trivial things.

When the bell sounded, the gate slid open, and he stepped free. At his hip was the very same stolen lightsaber that had accompanied him so often of late, around his legs were the pristine white glistaweb pants that could be found always unless replaced with his armor.

Moving slowly, he found himself near to the bridge that seemed the only notable monument in the cave he found himself. Pausing, he looked about, taking in the empty vastness that surrounded him, but not looking for any point other than his opponent.

[member="Mullarus"]

The cage gate opened before the young man. Looking around, somewhat expecting a trap of some sort, Mullarus stepped out, taking his vibrosword in his hand. He could very slightly feel the blade vibrate in his hand.

The jedi sure had a good sense of architecture, I will give them that...

Scanning the cave, Mullarus could not help but notice how gorgeous the colorful crystals hanging from the walls and ceiling looked. Perhaps if I get a second, I can pick one out for my own lightsaber someday...maybe even a few extras...

Mullarus headed for the big bridge he could see clearly. He could not find this 'opponent' he was supposedly facing just yet. If only I had a cybernetic eye to scan for heat signatures...i'm just not cyborg enough, I guess.

[member="Nerius"]

https://youtu.be/sXvtFkIS-vc

Nerius paused, looking ahead...

What was that sound? His opponent mayhap?? Cocking his head, he listened a moment...

Nothing.

Whatever it was, it was gone now, so he nodded to himself. Still better to investigate than not. Walking across the bridge, he kept his gaze ahead still. This was not the time to check out the decor!

There! Ahead! Someones silhouette could be seen beyond the rise of the bridge itself! Charging into action Nerius reached to his belt and gripped the hilt of his saber. Yanking it away from its confinement he activated the glowing cyan plasma.

The snap hiss was a welcome sound as he launched high into the air - thanks to condensing his muscles to have more potential. Sailing like a bird, he came down hard and fast with his lightsaber in an attack aimed to cleave his opponent from clavicle to pelvis.

[member="Mullarus"]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smtiybX0aCw[/youtube]​
The sound of a lightsaber being ignited in his peripheral vision made the hairs on his neck stand up straight. It brought back bloody, traumatic memories of being abused by his Grandfather, the mighty Sith Lord of his family, during his training. The feeling of being sliced and cut upon by a lightsaber was one Mullarus was, unfortunately, all-to-familiar with thanks to his sadistic ancestor, calling himself Lord Jekyll.

If you want to avenge your fallen family and become a Sith, you will know the pain of being struck by a lightsaber, so that you will be prepared for the day when you face a real opponent with one. Lord Jekyll's words echoed in his head as he stared at the cold, frozen-looking cyan blade he saw standing at the base of the curved bridge.

Oh, Mullarus did not forget his training so easily. His mind raced with the anger he wished to dish out upon his cruel grandfather, drawing the vibrosword from his belt. Even more questions arose from the depths of his disciplined mind when he could barely make out the small, limber shape of his opponent. He saw the pink-color that seemed to shine off of his skin...

Wait a minute...that is his skin?

Mullarus quickly brought his blade to his side to meet the alien's. Now close and personal with his opponent, he could make out what he was.

What is this thing? It's sentient? I've never seen any kind of alien like this before...

Mullarus kept his composure, using his anger and channeling his passion to strengthen himself, but keeping a collected look upon his face. It was said many things could be told of a person by staring into their soul, and a man's eyes were the mirror of one's soul, so the young acolyte locked eyes with the lightsaber-wielding alien he was to duel today.

The first obstacle in my path for glory...

[member="Nerius"]

https://youtu.be/YJVmu6yttiw

Nerius, mid flight, spun himself around to land in a cyclone like effect that sent him a few feet away, "You will have to battle, not just defend yourself. I will not hold back!!" Facing his enemy, Nerius leapt into the air, whipping himself about to bring his foot towards his opponents head.

Then, continuing to utilize his lightsaber, he dropped low and attempted to sweep his enemies' ankles in a single blow. But next, planting his hand mid spin, he flipped into the air as he rotated, to once again bring his saber into play by aiming it to cleave his enemy in two through the abdomen.

[member="Mullarus"]

Mullarus found his opponent difficult to track and predict, making each of his strikes more and more difficult to defend against. Eventually, he grew fed up with this and, before he could connect another strike, threw a hand forward to send his foe flying into one of the crystal formations against the wall.

[member="Nerius"]

https://youtu.be/BGpzGu9Yp6Y

Nerius sensed himself moving back, and quickly countered with a Force Push against his rear to counter the effects of his opponents attempt. Having hardly moved a few inches back, Nerius once again began with an onslaught.

A swipe at his opponents neck, a follow through sweep that was aimed to cut at the knees, next a blow with the opposite arm that would crack any mans jaw. Then, dropping low, Nerius spun to hopefully drop his enemy to the ground.

Grounded opponents were simpler.

[member="Mullarus"]

Mullarus continued to parry and block his opponents's attacks, starting to question the Masters' choice for the one to face him.

What the kark? I thought I was facing another Acolyte? He moves like he's used a lightsaber for centuries and fights like he's been dueling for longer! Why did the Masters pair me with an experienced Sith Lord?!

Mullarus attempted to swipe at his opponent's main arm as he was busy flipping and hopping around. He felt a passionate urge to yield, since his opponent clearly is not an Acolyte, but his sense of honor made him press on, most likely to his death.

[member="Nerius"]

https://youtu.be/QQcQDbpDH_o

Though Nerius had been trained by a powerful set of teachers during his days in the Orphanage, he was by far the least skilled Acolyte in many ways that he had the opportunity to meet. All he knew was hand to hand, and Force Push. One simply had to work around that to best him.

But then...there also was his healing factor.

Feeling the slice of the saber as it drove against his arm, Nerius jerked it away, and threw his own Force Push to give time to heal. Holding his arm up, watching as it spurt green blood, he willed the wound to heal, and without the Force to aid him the wound began to seal.

Soon enough not even a scar could be found to show he had been harmed.

Lunging back into battle, he swung the saber swiftly at his opponents torso, then whipped it around to aim for the opposite side of his neck. The man he faced would eventually slip up. No one could parry or block all blows indefinitely so he simply had to wait.

[member="Mullarus"]

Mullarus felt a hint of hope as he landed a graze against the...thing's arm, seeing some strange green blood spurt from the fresh wound. Aha! Perhaps it is possible!

However, Mullarus felt himself being pushed away by a powerful wave of the Force, flying back about a dozen feet and nearly being impaled on a formation of blue crystals by the wall. The young man looked up as quickly as he could to see the wound he had just made on the monster's arm...seal?

This bastard...the Masters paired me with a Sith Lord that can heal his wounds at will...goodness, how will I....I know!

Mullarus extended an arm behind him toward the crystals, using the Force to try and lift some of the stalagmite-like crystals as throwing spears.

But that was before he saw a blur of cyan and pink soaring toward him like an owl swooping down to catch it's prey. Mullarus quickly dropped the crystal behind him, having to spin and take the lightsaber to his side slightly. The blade grazed his robe and took some skin off of the side of his chest. Griting his teeth and wincing as blood began to seep down, he raised his blade to block the strike toward his neck, making an attempt to kick the small, pink nightmare away and use the Force to try and throw him into the blue crystal formation behind him.

He fights with mostly his saber. Let's see if using what knowledge of the Force I have will prove more effective than my obselete blade!

[member="Nerius"]

https://youtu.be/EkpMva5hZs4

Nerius suddenly felt things in the battle shift. Jerked backward hard, the lightsbaer was jerked free of his grip as he was thrown towards the wall of crystals behind himself. Flipping backward he landed nimbly with both feet against the nearest shard, feeling as it pierced his left foot.

Glaring at his enemy, he leapt free of his confines. Landing a little wobbly, he slid to stop and called to his saber. It flew to his opened palm with a soft tap, reigniting the moment it landed.

Ignoring the pain in his foot, Nerius semi limped closer as he began to swing his saber yet again. Grinding his teeth to subside the wound with a secondary pain, he aimed a blow once again at the mans neck then a follow through at his waist.

[member="Mullarus"]

Taking notice to how Force-based attacks work far better against this opponent, Mullarus quickly raised a hand to push him back toward the crystals again before he could strike back against him with his lightsaber. He raised his other hand to try and knock the little beast back with more force.

[member="Nerius"]

https://youtu.be/Wqwu-HKM84A

Feeling once more a push yanking him backwards, Nerius was not quite as caught off guard seeing that this was the third attempt with the same ability. Pushing against his back as he had before, he let go a deep exhale as such was tiring for someone that knew little in the ways of the Force.

But it worked.

Still within attack range, Nerius swept his saber towards the mans head, while simultaneously attempting to throw a punch at the center of the mans chest.

[member="Mullarus"]

Attacking in two areas at once, and one with your exposed hand...

Mullarus swept his blade in an uppercut motion to slice through the hand being launched at his chest and then parry the lightsaber coming for his head. Whether the attack dismembers his hand or merely damages it, Mullarus would parry the lightsaber and perform a backflip with the Force upward to land on the bridge behind him, taking a defensive stance.

[member="Nerius"]

https://youtu.be/rUbTsWgneRI

Nerius was surprised, for one whom seemed caught off guard he seemed to pull out some swift attacks. Attacks coming at the same second were both blocked, one gouging deep into his hand.

Deciding to heal now, he slowly turned. Staring upward at the man he called, "Go ahead. Use the Force. You will tire yourself quickly." Then as his muscles had finished healing, he condensed them severely, until it actually shortened his figure even more.

Knowing that now his height would take even more getting used to for his enemy, he raced up the bridge, sliding to a stop mid attack. Using his velocity, he brought his saber in towards Mullarus' stomach, spinning as he did so.

When he started to come full circle, he leapt upward to bring a leg around as a round house aimed for his head. Though again he used simultaneous attacks, in the form of his lightsaber coming through the legs to sweep at his opponents stomach.

Nerius still wondered how the man had been swift enough to block one blow, then parry another, while both came at the same time. But realized that some beings used Force Speed to enhance their movements, so that could be it. He also knew that such things drained a persons body quickly so he just had to outlast him.

[member="Mullarus"]

Mullarus anticipated a thrust to his gut, like how it looked, until his opponent quickly feinted and brought his...squishy foot across the side of his head, sending him flying off of the bridge.

Mullarus landed on his back, knocking the wind out of him. It was at this moment he realized how hard he had tried, every wound he caused on the little pink...thing seemed to dissapear. The creature is either excellent at healing with the Force...or it can regenerate almost instantly. The Masters...paired me against an opponent I cannot defeat. I...am ashamed, but not afraid to admit defeat. Phyrrhus will not approve...

Mullarus staggered to his knees and stuck the tip of his sword onto the ground with one hand, raising his head up toward his foe. "Creature!", he cried, "I...yield to you. I know when I am defeated. I have yet to see such skill in battle before you!"

Mullarus yelled up at the creature, hoping he is one of honor like himself. In the back of his mind, he made note to grab a crystal while here for the lightsaber he intends to build in the future...

[member="Nerius"]

Nerius dropped to a knee, finally allowing the weariness of such swift healing to catch up. He had pushed himself in this battle, and he felt good about that! Using his saber, Nerius slashed at the wall of crystals and grabbed one for himself as well.

Mullarus stood slowly, pushing his hair behind his ear and heading over to a formation of emerald-green crystals near the bridge. He looked at his blade and the crystals for a moment, before sheathing it onto his hip.

I don't know....it's...as if the crystals are asking me not to strike them...but...how?

Mullarus raised a hand and closed his eyes.

Come, then...I will not strike at you...

The formation of crystals did not move, but it did seem to give off a pulse of energy through the Force that could be felt by nearby Force-Sensitives. The young man used the Force to lift a small piece from off of the formation and telekinetically into the air above it. The crystal shone faintly as Mullarus brought it into his hand and examined it after opening his eyes again. It was slightly translucent and almost seemed to...communicate with Mullarus. Since it was not stricken off of the formation with a blade, it had a clean cut and looked as if it had been taken to a professional.

Unlike Mullarus, not a single scar or scratch shone on the surface of the emerald-green crystal. Mullarus nodded, satisfied.

"I will forge you into a weapon"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom