Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Rotating Double Bladed Drael Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: Personal Weapon of Aovinr
  • Image Source: ( X ) I drew this expert art.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: It was inspired by this , and is basically just a non-lightsaber version.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Aovinr
  • Affiliation: Aovinr
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: It is a large custom weapon so I'd say it can be modified, but as of posting this I have no plans to do so.

• Production: Unique
  • Material: Reinforced Durasteel/Barricas Oil ( X )
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Doubled Bladed Sword
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • It is a rotating doubled bladed sword.
Strengths:

• Barricas Oil - The entire blade, outside of the grip, is coated with Barricas Oil making it resistant to lightsaber strikes and other heat-based attacks.
  • Unrelenting Advance - The Blades are connected to a circular gear inside the hilt allowing them to spin once unlocked. This gives Aovinr the ability to launch a rapid assortment of attacks in a short time span. The spin is locked into one direction preventing it from hitting Aovinr.

Weaknesses:
  • What Goes Around Comes Around - The nature of the hilt is such that any damage to it will basically render half the weapon unusable if the hilt is damaged and if the internal gear itself is damaged it makes spinning the blade impossible.
  • Careful Now - If Aovinr is not concentrating while spinning his blades, he risks hurting those near him or himself.
DESCRIPTION

Aovinr created this blade during his training on Drael Prime. It compliments his aggressive fighting style and his amateur employment of Form VII in combat.

With the latch connected, the rotating gear located inside the circular hilt is locked into place and can't move, so the blade preforms as a normal double-bladed weapon would.

When Aovinr disconnects the latch (which he can do by flicking his thumb on it) the gear is set free and the blades can rotate according to Aovinr's maneuvers in combat. It should be noted that this spinning trick does NOT employ the use of the force, it is simply a clever application of physics.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Aovinr"]

Looks good. I think it could do with an extra weakness purely based around how dangerous it is to the wielder, however. One careless positioning and... Well, it slices, it dices, and it even makes julienne fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom