Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roquin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Extra_Terrestrial_Planet_Wallpaper_1p17f.jpg

Roquin

Beneath the peacefulness of the snow
Within the enchanting, icy caverns
Under the beautiful sheets of ice
Monsters lurk...

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: This planet is to be the home for Jala Rekab in the Moross Crusade. Also, it is to be the possible location for various interesting roleplays.
  • Image Source: Scenic Reflections
  • Notable Player-Characters: @Jala Rekab
ASTROGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
  • Region: Outer Rim
  • Sector: Subterrel Sector
  • System: Nidus System
  • Trade Route: Hydian Way
  • Suns: "Nidus" F-Type
  • Orbital Position: 4th Orbit
  • Moons: Kais
  • Coordinates: K-20
  • Rotational Period: 48 Standard Hours
  • Orbital Period: 545 Standard Days
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Class: Terrestrial
  • Diameter: 18,530 km
  • Atmosphere: Type I
  • Climate: Frigid
  • Gravity: Standard
PRIMARY TERRAIN
  • Frozen Plains
  • Caverns
  • Mountains
  • Forest
  • Oceans & Lakes [Frozen Sheets of Ice On Top]
SOCIETAL INFORMATION
  • Native Species: To Be Created
  • Immigrated Species: Multiple Species [Kais]
  • Primary Language(s): Galactic Standard, Roquese
  • Government: Oligarchy [Kais]
  • Population: Unknown [Roquin], ~12,000 [Kais]
  • Denonym: Roquish
  • Major Imports: Hunters, Foodstuffs, Weapons
  • Major Exports: Furs, Leathers, Precious Stones
  • Affiliation: Moross Crusade
MAJOR CITIES
  • Kais City [Capital, Kais]
    max_city_by_josh_finney-d3f41ky.jpg

Img Src: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Max-City-206781442
    The capital and only city on Roquin's single moon Kais. It wasn't long until those who dared to hunt the creatures of Roquin banded together to form a civilization on Kais and build a city for those whom come to Roquin, whether it's for the sights or the hunting.
MAJOR LOCATIONS
  • Holic Forest
    IcePlanet1_1200_1200.jpg

Img Src: http://cargocollective.com/ConceptColin/Magic-Pixel-Games
    A vast forest of gargantuan, ice covered mushrooms spanning about 900 kilometers long. Within the forest, lies many of Roquin's more docile native species.
  • Scar of Roquin
    landscape_03_by_sanchiko-d4ewtbj.jpg

Img Src: http://sanchiko.deviantart.com/art/Landscape-03-266910319
    A dangerous and eerie mountain range along the edges of a dark valley, the Scar of Roquin is possibly the most intimidating location on Roquin. It is nearly impossible to walk through the valley due to the many rocky & icy spikes throughout.
  • Jassok Caverns
    Arctic_Caverns_by_88grzes.jpg

Img Src: http://88grzes.deviantart.com/art/Arctic-Caverns-101074057
    The Jassok Caverns, home of the Jassok species, is a seemingly unending system of caverns and tunnels that lead all over the planet. It is here that the Roquuin crystal is found. Those lucky enough to find a large enough crystal deposit before either getting lost or running into a group of Jassok, are very lucky. If they're able to get a sufficient amount out, they are even luckier. Roquin crystals are very beautiful and sought after by many in the galaxy.
  • Diathim Tear Lakes
    Waterton_Frozen_by_NaujTheDragonfly.jpg

Img Src: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Waterton-Frozen-50151339
    Surrounded by a beautiful mountain range, the Diathim Tear Lakes are a group of 6 large lakes that are covered by 3" thick sheets of ice that shine beautifully when the sun peaks over the mountain range during sunrise and sunset. Beneath the sheets of ice, various monstrous creatures lurk. Inhabitants of Kais prize the creatures of the Diathim Tear Lakes as delicacies. Very few claim to have caught a beast from a lake. Every last one of them lied. The Diathim Tear Lakes are connected to the many oceans of Roquin by underwater tunnels.
CULTURE

The culture of Roquin is vastly unknown by the galaxy. Most of the species that do call the planet home are very aggressive and territorial. Any who are not a native species are killed on sight by the aggressive species that live on in the planet. The few docile species on the planet are few and far between compared to the ones that are less so. Each species lives in separate terrains on Roquin, rarely ever communing with the others unless necessary.

In Kais City, however, culture is well known. However, it is a culture of beast hunters. The city was built by adventurers, mercenaries, bounty hunters, and scum like that and their culture reflects it.

TECHNOLOGY

Technology is nearly nonexistant on Roquin. It is known that the creatures on Roquin, those that are capable of creating weapons and such, typically use weapons made of bone. Some even use the weapons fallen hunters brought with them if necessary, after teaching themselves how to use them properly, of course. That or they force the hunters to teach them before killing them.

HISTORY

Roquin was discovered long ago by a group of Old Republic scouts. Unfortunately, the scouts never returned after discovering the planet. Soon after, more scouts were sent. None returned from the freshly discovered planet. One managed to get a message out, however. The message was nothing but screaming, static, and unintelligible language. The Old Republic then classified the planet as hostile and removed any and all knowledge of the planet from the archives.

Many years later, Roquin was rediscovered by a band of Weequay pirates who were on the run. The pirates were engaged by the native species not long after they landed on the planet. Luckily, their cowardice saved their lives. Before they could be overrun by the natives, the escaped and fled for the moon. Once they realized that life upon the moon was sustainable, they began a new life there. From Kais, they operated in the Outer Rim, killing and pillaging all over. This lasted for a few years before they died out due to their dangerous lifestyles.

Roaming mercenaries soon found the pirate's old base and began establishing their base there as well. Curiosity took hold when the mercenaries ventured to Roquin. Once there, they managed to survive long enough to discover some of the more docile species of the planet. It was then the mercenaries began advertising the planet of Roquin to the galaxy, mostly targeting game hunters. Roquin attracted many travelers soon after. The mercenaries who began advertising the planet then built a small village on Kais so those who traveled to Roquin would have a place to stay when not planetside considering it's dangerous at night on Roquin considering it's temperatures are unbearable and most of the aggressive species are either nocturnal or are unable to see during the day due to their underground habitats.

Kais City grew larger as time passed. The mercenaries who began this business venture created an oligarchal government on the planet so that any and all money that was spent on Kais City, would go to them after rediscovering Roquin. Many warnings sent to the oligarchy of Kais City from the Old Republic were ultimately ignored. Kais City continued to grow in wealth and size as more and more of the galaxy had traveled to Kais.

Although the leaders of Kais City did not take warnings about Roquin from the Old Republic, the fear of the Gulag Plague was not taken lightly. Almost immediately after hearing of the Gulag Plague and how it was ravaging Chiss Space, the Kais City government made an executive decision and shut off the ports of Kais City. Not only that, but they set up a blockade around Roquin, defending it from any who would bring the plague to the planet.

After the plague subsided, business continued immediately. Due to the Gulag Plague's huge kill count, business wasn't the same. Income was nearly cut in half for many years. Slowly, it grew and grew. In order to save the struggling economy, Kais City made an alliance with the Moross Crusade which placed the system under their protection.

[member="Jala Rekab"]

I like it. However, there are some things I have something to say about:

First, using a submission for making a planet and its moons is fine, but using a submission to give description of both is not something I like. However, I am going to let it be this time as I believe I have done that in other cases, too. Just a reminder of how a moon (if given story and description) would be suitable for its own submission,

The next thing is Native Species. A planet will be approved only after the native species have been approved. Just saying that even if the submission is ready for approval, it is locked until the species are approved.

Culture. The most important part. It doesn't matter if the culture is known to others or not, it has to be given. As much as possible. Please be reminded that nearly all a player needs to know of a planet comes from the culture, so if it's lacking, it's really not too great to RP on the planet. So please add information about various things like society, daily life, arts, religion, whatever else. The more you write, the easier it is for others to play on the planet. And I am talking about both Roquin itself and the moon Kais.

Technology. Please describe Kais' technology, too, as you already describe some of the moon in other parts of the submission.

History would need some dates and maybe some more events. Maybe. If you can't add much more, then I will let it be. But dates are required.

I believe this planet could be wonderful to play on. And I love the format of this submission. Just more information would be needed.

Maria Natalja said:
History would need some dates and maybe some more events. Maybe. If you can't add much more, then I will let it be. But dates are required.
Just saying, there have been approved submissions without dates but, if need be, I can add them.

Maria Natalja said:
Technology. Please describe Kais' technology, too, as you already describe some of the moon in other parts of the submission.
Thought it'd be assumed that the technology there would be like most of the galaxy but I can do that.

Maria Natalja said:
Culture. The most important part. It doesn't matter if the culture is known to others or not, it has to be given. As much as possible. Please be reminded that nearly all a player needs to know of a planet comes from the culture, so if it's lacking, it's really not too great to RP on the planet. So please add information about various things like society, daily life, arts, religion, whatever else. The more you write, the easier it is for others to play on the planet. And I am talking about both Roquin itself and the moon Kais.
I'll see what I can do about that.

Edits will be made once the native species are accepted.

Jala Rekab said:
Just saying, there have been approved submissions without dates but, if need be, I can add them.
While it is true, most of them haven't been approved by me. And standards have changed over time.

Jala Rekab said:
Thought it'd be assumed that the technology there would be like most of the galaxy but I can do that
Technology has to be talked about, even if it seems obvious what the level of it is.

Until the species are approved, I will lock this topic. Please PM me when species have been approved.

[member="Jala Rekab"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom