Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Ronald "Royce" Hampton

Zavvo the Hutt

Z
-
sTO2wPR.png

Exclusive Profile:
Royce Hampton

GENERAL INFORMATION

e146052688387e9ee555395b77067b88.jpg
NAME:
Ronald "Royce" Hampton​
SPECIES:
Fondorian​
FORCE SENSITIVE:
Negative​
AFFILIATION:
Upper City Industries​
Various Criminal Empires
Business Magnate​
Crime Lord

HISTORY

Ronald Hampton, self-made millionaire, CEO, and co-founder of Upper City Industries. The up and coming powerhouse has garnered a lot of press in recent years as the stock portfolio of his enterprise continues to rise in an other unstable war-time market. Mr. Hampton has given GNN an exclusive look at the magnate's life, starting as a young boy on the streets of Fondor.

"So, Royce, could you tell us a bit about your upbringing? How did a poor boy, the son of a single father, a construction worker, become one of the fastest rising businessmen in the galaxy?

"Well let me tell you, it wasn't easy. But anyone who knows Fondor knows one thing: we don't quit when the going gets tough. Yes, my father worked as a construction guildsman, and brought me in at a young age. My memory of him is the reason I got my entrepreneurial start in the industry. He died of lung problems when I was 17. He left me is spot in the guild, and I did my best to work my way to the top.

After the death of Hampton's father the young man worked in the Fondor Guild system. At 25 he left for the private sector and made a name for himself as a contractor working largely with the Core Worlds Podracing Association in an effort to modernize their tracks. His business was bolstered his instinctual sense for betting and his involvement in the industry led to him purchasing a podracer for himself. Big name racers flocked to his side in hopes of driving for him. The greatly successful Hampton Industries team went on to win the Boonta Eve Classic of 860 and a lucrative contract to expand podracing tracks on Hutta and Nar Shaddaa. However, Mr. Hampton's involvement with the Hutts over the last decade and a half have drawn speculating eyes, with many accusations of criminal activity directed towards Upper City Industries. The death of Hampton's business partner Mako Bejo brought forth many questions about the deceased involvement in the criminal underworld as well.

"What do you say to your critics, Royce, especially towards those who accuse you of being in league with the Hutt Cartel?"

"I'll say what I always have. I am friends with the Hutts. They've been through tough times. A lot of their traditional worlds were wiped out by the Bryn'Adul. Upper City has always had one motto: Build Upward. People choose not to see the work we've done to rebuild impoverished worlds. Instead they choose to see the bad. they choose to point fingers at my risky business ventures, some of which have failed, I know. We live in a volatile economy dictated by vigilante Jedi and psycho marauders from the edge of the galaxy. Many news sites slandered me for my investment in Coruscant after the devastation there. They can't handle that the streets needs helping too."

"Some have brought up evidence against you regarding the death of your former Pyke business partner, Mako Bejo. How would you respond to such allegations?

"Another case of hysteria I'm afraid. It sickens me that my partner's death is used as some kind of tool for a game. Mako tried all his life to get out of the Pyke Syndicate and those bastards killed him for it. I would have stopped it if I had that power."

"What has Upper City been focusing on since the death of its CFO and Co-Founder? Has Mako's death left a significant impact on the company?"

"In our hearts, yes. But business is still booming. I think it's a sign he put us on the right path. We've got our work cut out for us with him gone, and the Brotherhood of the Maw wrecking infrastructure faster than we can repair it. But believe me, we are only building upward..."

STRENGTHS

Rich

Well-Connected

Enhanced Genes

WEAKNESSES

Glutton

Notorious Criminal

Spice User

THREADS

Coming Soon

- Thread Title, Completed/Ongoing - Description

- Thread Title, Completed/Ongoing - Description