Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roleplaying an Astromech

Qom Jha, Former Military Tank Gunner and Thief
I've got two more characters in the works at the moment, and I'm considering making the droid character an astromech. Has anyone here ever played a nonverbal droid and would you consider it easy or difficult to pull off? Or is it better to simply keep astromechs as supporting characters or NPCs to begin with?

Madison Starr

M
They're just like any other character. Full of as much life and utility as you give them. They can beep and honk, and most people seem to understand them.

Ex: "R2 beeped happily and followed his master into the diner." "The droid bounced back and forth. As if to say, Wait! I'm coming too!" "R2's head spun in circles like a comet. Did he really get asked out on a date!?"

You can infer the meaning through suggestion or, translate it directly. Like so:

Ex; ~ "Master Skywalker! The engines are burning!" ~

It's all the same. You're the writer so. Make it as colorful and energetic as you'd like.

And never. Ever. Underestimate a droid. :p

Well, here he is - this little Box Full of Evil is now 90% complete (just needs a condensed biography, and I SUCK at making those) and is ready for use if I can ever find some place appropriate for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom