Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roleplaying a Speech Disability

I have created little Zack here to have come from an abusive family. At a young age his jaw was broken and not set properly so it is slightly out of line and the muscles are weak. I want to properly RP him unable to talk properly without making writers angry at being unable to understand him.

I know to do a stutter I would type like, "H-hello, m-m-my name is Z-zack M-mo-matsumoto."

Problem is he has a weak jaw and con't form words, so not really a stutter. Any advice?

[member="The White Wolf"]

I thought about mute, but I feel a speech disability would make for a more deeper storyline. It is possible with technology for him to get speech and eye sight back, but imagine how much more emotional and impacting it will be if you watch him struggle with it first?

And yes it is, if you can;t tell from my sephiroth character I love Final Fantasy. Plus, their pictures of characters always look the best.

I think using barely literate sentences to talk, which forces the people role playing with you to figure it out, is a hilarious idea.

I'm gonna add it to the "Psychological Torture" list.

Andrea Kryze

Innocence and Killer Instinct
I actually write a character on another site who can't properly pronounce her "r"s and "l"s. So, fow evewy sentence with hew, I wite hew speech wike so.

Roleplay judges have commended me for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom