Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock Spitters

Intent: To create site standards for a canon weapon system used by Vong organic ships
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Horde Shapers
Model: Dovin Basal
Affiliation: The Horde
Modularity: None
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Organic Construct
Classification: Organic Concussion Missile Launcher analog
Size: Starship Weapon
Length: NA
Weight: NA
Ammunition Type: Magma Missile
Ammunition Capacity: NA
Effective Range: Medium Range

Description:

Rock Spitters are valued the same as missile systems in starship and vehicle construction
Heavy Rock Spitters are valued at 2x Missile weapon systems

For all intents and purposes, a Rock Spitter functions identically to a Concussion Missile Launcher.

Canon Description
A rock spitter was a type of Yuuzhan Vong launcher for magma missiles, carried alongside plasma cannons aboard their capital ships.[1]
Reflecting their role, rock spitters were sometimes simply called missile tubes.[2] Though mainly seen on larger warships, they were also used by Slayer ships.[3]

A magma missile was a solid projectile with a rocky outward appearance, presumably formed from solidified magma.[1] They were fired from missile launchers known as rock spitters.[1] Like the concussion missiles used by warships of the Imperial Navy and New Republic Defense Force, they were capable of looping flightpaths to attack targets outside of their launcher's direct field of fire.[2]
Magma missiles were thus very different in appearance and performance from the molten slugs fired by plasma cannons, which were unguided, line-of-sight artillery projectiles, the Yuuzhan Vong equivalent of turbolaser bolts. Nonetheless, rock spitters were regularly combined with plasma cannons in mixed weapons batteries aboard Yuuzhan Vong warships.[1][2]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Captain Larraq"] - As this is primarily a question of starship gun values, I'll request input from [member="Ayden Cater"] and [member="Domino"] before making a final judgment.

just archive this.
I've put enough effort into the Horde's technology for them and I'm not in the mood to fight with staff over what should be a quick and minor review for play balance.
If they want it, they can sub it themselves and fight with you over it. I'm no longer in the mood for this crap and don't feel like wasting 5 weeks of my life to get everything pushed through the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom