Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roch(e) you Like a Hurricane

I nodded to Zreame, “Well they were uncomfortable with the Indominus Rex, ArmaTech’s primary warship arriving in Roche. Until they and I figured it out they tightened security as tight as they could. If you would like Phrik for a personal project you are more than welcome to take some. Just wait until after the boys reach quota then pull off the top. It’s what I do.” I told [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"].

I’ve had dealings with the Verpine since ArmaTech was first started. They and I have a good working relationship, and things should be dealt with now. They Just want to know when I am bringing warships into the system.” I said, directed at both women. I knew that [member="Lady Kay"] probably wouldn’t like the idea of my flying around in an ancient battleship, but it was a status symbol that befitted the CEO of the company, and it was really fun to joy ride in. Outside the mining of Phrik continued at the breakneck pace. The men were keeping steady, but with a double complement of droids and a mining vessel it was keeping up with the work load. With the steadily increasing supply of Phrik, it wouldn’t be long before quota was met for the day and the young cerun could take some off the top, like she wanted.

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Drinker, singer, smoker. All round Fun haver and C
Relaxed in the seat she was sitting in and began to think through the process of working alloy into threads, a slight after thought came to her where she was glad that she had such knowledge of the capabilities of working metal. "Tell me though why is there such a need for so much phrik? You already had the mining in an efficient state so what's the hurry?" She asked [member="Draco Vereen"] as she took a small flask from a pouch on her belt and took a sip of her Avedame juice. The designs possibilities could be endless though she was thinking on a light armor variant that weighted little and would allow her as much movement as possible. Crossing her legs as she leaned into her seat as she thought a bit about what she would make with the phrik alloy.

[member="Lady Kay"]

I listened to her, and then nodded, smiling as she asked her question. It was fair, she didn't know everything that was going on and I was playing this one fairly close to the vest. But I didn't see a problem with telling them now. If I could trust them with my company I could trust them both with information. "Well ArmaTech is in the process of building a fairly large security force. Primarily an elite Special Forces unit that will be equipped with this armor. The unit is undergoing training on Mandalore right now, but soon they will be moved to another location to continue their training." I said, tapping on a data terminal to bring up the hologram of the unit that would be created. "Those will be the Blacksteel Dragons soon." I said as a hologram of information, names, and equipment flickered to life. Upon close inspection one could tell that most of the equipment that would be given to them as standard didn't exist yet on the manifest.

The mining continued outside, as it had for much of the past hour. Quick and methodical, the workers were pulling the ore towards the processing facility where it continued to be refined into ingots. Now rather than continuing to mix all of the ore, a small amount was being set aside for someone’s personal use. The workers didn’t know the plan or who it would go to, only that it was being given to someone higher up the pay ladder than them.
[member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"]

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

"The Blacksteel Dragons huh? catchy" She said with a smile as she stood up and began going over the manifest of the project. It was ambitious and would be quite expensive but if it would work out like [member="Draco Vereen"] seemed to intend it to, it certainly would be worth it in the long run. "To be honest though this seems more like a black ops team you're making than an elite special forces unit." She then said as she scrolled through the manifest, some of the tech interested her quite a bit and getting the specs for those would be quite interesting. "What do you think [member="Lady Kay"]?" She then said as he looked toward her new co-worker and wanted her opinion as well.

The mining continued as expected. The workers were now using transport ships to tug small asteroids into places where they could be easily manipulated by the large mining walkers that were in use. The processing plant continued to crank out the production of Phrik. Mining droids, labor droids, and engineering droids worked tirelessly inside the primary mining shaft, using controlled explosions, mining drills, and laser drills to chip ever deeper into the rock. The main shaft looked like a small city of lights, movement, and industry with huge repulsorlift carts laden with ores and rocks for processing moving throughout the enormous tunnel. It may have started as nothing more than a way to impress the Red Raven’s president, but it had since turned into one of the company’s primary interests. ArmaTech was attempting to increase its interest in the limited market of VIP buyers through Roche and had partnered with the Verpine to engineer several weapons and armors in the past, and its facility housed three thousand workers at all times. Roche supplied the Taanab factory with most, if not all of its Phrik and the Verpine received a healthy lease agreement from the deal they had cut. They had even helped produce one of the rarer products not on the manifest.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"]

Lady Kay listened intently as they spoke. "An elite Special Forces Unit? So we supply soldiers as well as weapons, ships and armour?" For the most part she was thinking out loud. She hadn't read that far into her homework to catch that little detail. She studied the faces in the hologram, trying to memorize them, though in truth she's come across so many people, it was hard to keep track at times. And more than likely, these soldiers' faces would be hidden behind helmets anyways. Hopefully them and their technology won't fall into the wrong hands.

On the other hand though, the Jedi strolled over to one of the windows that allowed her to see some of the mining operation at work. She kept silent for a time as she was deep in thought, thinking about the Verpine and how they were being treated respectfully and kept happy. Good. That made her feel better. She smiled a little to herself as she looked about the window, amazed that she was helping to run the show. There were good people here and she could do a lot of good things.

Finally Lady Kay returned to her seat and spoke to them both. "I think that I'm going to like it here. I will certainly do my best to increase our business as your practices are very sustainable and as they don't exploit the land or the people...Well that makes my job of negotiating a lot easier."

I let [member="Lady Kay"] finish speaking before offering a slight rebuttal. She wasn't far from correct, but it was best to make sure she wasn't led astray. "No, we won't be selling this unit. They will be a security force for ArmaTech. We need security in our factories and mining operations, plus I need forces to assist with dangerous acquisitions. Such as those that take place inside One Sith Space, which I have done before." I told her, not wanting her to believe that we had become a Private Military Contractor since she arrived. "This information, such as their identities, equipment manifests, and unit strength has been classified to the highest degree until just now. That was done to protect them during their time off, and provide them with a life outside their service. If you look through the budget you will see sixty million credits diverted to unknown research projects. That is how they are quietly paid without a trail back to them." I explained.

The mining operation was going soundly, without any noticeable issues. As with all projects, some minor mishaps are expected, but it was still a relief that there had been no fatalities or serious injuries. The operation was large enough to produce more than enough Phrik for the Immortal Armor and still enough for the project [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] wanted to do. By the end of the month the additional droids and workers could be reduced significantly after meeting the break neck quota.

Kay-Larr

Even better. Lady nodded and smiled, showing her approval with regards to the Special Forces Unit. "Now I understand. Thank you for clearing it up. And you are right to keep it top secret."

With regards to the One Sith, however, Lady Kay knew little about them. She had kept to herself for years after she was exiled from the Order, moving from place to place and avoiding other Force users, both Jedi and Sith alike. But they have grown, much like the pirates and Imperial forces and such protection that ArmaTech could provide to peaceful worlds was needed so that they could remain free from oppression.

She looked to the both of them, as they might have answers to her next question. "Is there anyone that I should be wary of? Anyone that's a threat to this company that wishes to acquire it's secrets or contracts or both?" Every company of this type has it's competition and no doubt this one would too. She had to make sure that at any time she had gone off to negotiate a contract, that she wasn't being duped into doing business with the enemy.

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame listened to both of her co-workers speak about it. "Hmm a VTOL drop ship would come in handy if they need to be inserted quickly, perhaps we could design a silent jet engine should their entry require stealth?" She then said as she began to think tech and her smile grew quite wide, She loved to make things and this job had that in spades. She lit another cigarillo and stood up and walked towards the window to look out towards the droids working on the outside of the asteroid and the tunnel city that had been made into it. A little whistle showed she was quite impressed with it all, not to mention the scope of it all.

A walker caught her eye as it walked across the asteroid and then began to drill into the rock beneath it. The display made a little part of her want to be out there and drill into the rock, after all a good day of hard work had been the main reason she had survived long enough to meet with [member="Draco Vereen"] and [member="Lady Kay"] in the first place.

I turned to answer [member="Lady Kay"] 's question, "We will not sell to the Sith, the Lords of the Fringe, or the Primeval. They are known for committing genocides and atrocities throughout the galaxy, and I would prefer ArmaTech to be seen as a great shield that defends the people, not a great hammer that smashes them to oblivion." I told her. Those three organizations have been known as butchers for years, and supplying them wouldn't be a good idea. "But feel free to use your own judgement when negotiating." She would know what to do.

When [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] who had just offered an excellent idea. "I produce a stealth coating, and assisted in designing a stealth engine before, but I haven't produced one myself yet. Its an excellent Idea. I will place it on the agenda, right after the Titan Assault Armor and our stealth ships." I said. She was going to be beneficial to have around.

The day's mining was almost complete. "How about we take our leave of Roche. There are shuttles if you want to go elsewhere, or you can come with me back to Taanab aboard the Indominus." I offered standing, "You are more than welcome to do either, or stay here, but it appears our quota has been met. Zreame, Kay, I have mines opening on Gallos and Aeten you are also welcome at anytime. If the Mandalorians give you trouble, tell them you are with me."

Kay-Larr

Lady Kay liked what she heard. A great shield protecting the people. Sounded like a good tagline for a sales pitch. She'd have to remember that. But he didn't quite answer her question. So she asked it in a different way. "What companies supply to those factions? Do you know? We'll have to keep an eye out for anyone involved in those companies that would otherwise try to steal your technologies. I, myself had a run-in with two such groups after I had survived a crash on Bakura. And I must say that it was brutal." If it weren't for Kalyr, she might've been captured by the Open Circle Armada and who knows what might've happened to her after that.

The Jedi got to her feet as Draco stood. "I think that I will go with you, if you don't mind and see a little more about how we as a company, operate."

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

The cernun's smile looked almost like it hurt it was so wide, being told she'd get a stealth ship, at least it sounded that way, and that she could go on the old warship made her day in spades. "I can come along on the warship?" She spoke as if she was 5 years old and was told she could pic whatever toy in the store she could. "I'd love to!" She said with a cheerful smile and then walked to [member="Lady Kay"] and placed her arm over her shoulder. "You should lighten up a little, well no you don't you seem quite relaxed to begin with but put a smile on those lips." She said as she hugged her co-worker with one arm and then let go, half dancing a little in place as she moved.

[member="Draco Vereen"] seemed to have a knack for making her day and pique her creative curiosity, which made working for/with him all the more fun for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom