Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robotic Rebirth

Halowan, planet and home to the 'Friendly Technology People" of Holowan Laboratories. The surface of the planet was incredibly industrial, great plumes of smoke and other pollutants having done a fine job of destroying the natural environment.

Many people lived in poverty, dying young under the watchful eye of corporations who had sworn to provide them safety and security. Holowan Laboratories had a notoriously infamous reputation stemming back centuries ago, when they began producing deadly assassin droids classified as 'security models.' Their desire for control would even be evident to a blind man, as a small fleet patrolled the system, weary of outsiders and hostile forces.

A shuttle with no life signs on board had touched down in the main spaceport, one [member="Lord Mettallum"] having arrived on the surface. Within the docking bay stood a group of four IG-RM droids, led by a man in a sleek business suit who seemed to be waiting for Mettallum to make his appearance.

Lord Mettallum

A really buffed Metal Lord
The Metal Lord known as Lord Mettallum exited the shuttle. His eyes deep red as he walked over to the organic each step shacking the ground around him. This organic had overed Lord Mettallum something of high value and it was A New Body. Of coirse Lord Mettallum didn't think the organic could possibly make a better body for him he decided to amuse the organic. In a loud but commanding voice Lord Mettallum said.

" The businessman who will be handleing the negotiations I Lord Mettallum presume. I Lord Mettallum hear you wish to test your engineering skills and create a new body for me."

His eyes changed into a whitish red colour as he turned to look at the 4 droids guarding the organic.

"I Lord Mettallum do hope the new body you are offering me is not small like these runts."

The four security droids remained unwavering, even as [member="Lord Mettallum"] towered a full meter above them. The representative that had arrived to meet the droid lord looked up at him in brief shock, having not known what to expect from their guest. Little was known about Lord Mettallum, but Holowan Laboratories had still taken the time to contact him and set up a meeting at the request of their CEO. The representative, a human, cleared his throat as he prepared to respond to the intimidating robotic being before him. This one seemed to possess awareness, a frightening concept considering the Holowan Massacre that had been instigated by one IG-88.

"Welcome to Halowan, Mr. Mettallum," the man spoke, unable to bring himself to address Mettallum as a lord. As an organic, he too had some amount of pride. "While these runts may be small, I assure you that they execute their programming quite well," he continued, glancing to the IG-RMs that towered above him as well. "My name is Barak Kestal, a representative from Holowan Laboratories. Why don't we begin by telling me what issues you find in your own model, as of now?" He asked, somewhat nervously. Barak was unable to help it, even though he had been around droids for the longest time. Not many of them had the potential to pose such danger as Mettallum did.

Lord Mettallum

This organic dares not to call Lord Mettallum by his proper title and not only that thinks he could assume Lord Mettallum's body has some problems. Lord Mettallum's eyes went pure red as he looked at the organic who dared insult him. Lord Mettallum's left arm went up pointing rowards the ground right infront of the organic. Bolts of electricity came out of Lord Mettallum's arm and hit the ground right infront of the organic. In a deep and stern voice Lord Mettallum said.

"I Lord Mettallum am sure that you know some workplace accidents in the droid industry include electrocution so for your safety I Lord Mettallum suggest you to refer to me as my proper title and also I Lord Mettallum am here to amuse your boss who thinks he or she can make a better body for me. Now lets hurry up and start the meeting I Lord Mettallum am on a tight schedule.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

The bright stream of electricity that [member="Lord Mettallum"] exerted impacted with the ground only a few centimeters away from the representative's feet. Crying out in shock, Barak fell onto the back of his sleek black business suit, pressing a hand against the ground as he pushed himself up and away from Mettallum. Listening to the Droid Lord's threat, the man knew that his nervousness had been justified after all, for this model was terrifying. "I-I do apologize, Lord Mettallum," Barak managed to get out, burying his pride for the time being.

The security droids by his side had been ordered to stand down, otherwise their energy shields would have activated as they prepared to engage the enemy. Mettallum could probably scan the other droids and make out some of their primary functions and features, whether he was impressed or not was up to him. The IG-RMs were an upgrade of an older model, though still very different in regards to design and programming. "If you'll follow me," Barak followed up from his apologize, gesturing towards the docking bay exit as he turned with his robotic entourage. The group would traverse the spaceport, eventually arriving at yet another docking bay with a Holowan shuttle within.

Once they had boarded, the ship would take off across the dark skies, heading for the industrial region of the planet. Standing in the main cabin with the other droids, Barak made another attempt to communicate with Mettallum. "Of course, I never meant to imply your body was inferior, simply that Holowan Laboratories is capable of providing one with certain... Qualities more suited for this modern era." Choosing his words was going to be difficult, but he would do so if it meant not being electrocuted to death.

Lord Mettallum

Lord Mettallum made an audible sigh as he looked at the organic. Sometimes he felt sorry for them for not knowing when to shut up. In a more pitiful voice that a human would use to speak to a stupid kid Lord Mettallum said.

"I Lord Mettallum am surprised you do not understand what a young droid looks like. In droid terms I Lord Mettallum am young around 50-70 mark. Now being this young and handsome means I Lord Mettallum am not out of date and have very modern features so this will be your only FRIENDLY warning to stop speaking about my model."

Lord Mettallum wondered how this organic would feel being talked to like a 5 year old. But then Lord Mettallum realised something that would be very useful in a new body. He looked at the organic again and said in a stern and commanding voice.

"Since you mentioned qualities suited for this era Mr. Barak have you heard of the silicon-based lifeforms known as Shards."

Maybe this trip may not be completely useless if Holowan Laboratories wants to be one of the first companies to make a new breed of droids . Even if he doesn't get a new body he might be able to get a them to make him custom magna guards.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

It was humiliating. Barak's entire face turned a shade of red as [member="Lord Mettallum"] talked down to him, anger threatening to burst out at any moment. However, it was quelled as Mettallum made it quite clear that he had been 'friendly' so far. Barak thought this droid was insane, making him immediately regret volunteering for the job he was currently performing. The sooner they got to HQ, the better. Taking a seat to keep himself calm, Barak looked to Mettallum as he continued, questioning him about the ancient species known as Shards.

"While Holowan Laboratories has little experience with those sentient crystals, we could offer you the next best thing. As you may know, we have made some of the most qualified... Security droids in the past, such as the IG-100 MagnaGuard," Barak spoke, obviously proud of the fact that he was employed on Halowan. "They were capable of combating, and even killing Jedi in some cases. However, I believe your chances of doing so would be slim with your model."

The representative had forgot to tread lightly, but hopefully Mettallum would see his point. "N-Not that you are out of date, or another. I simply mean that there are certain things a droid must possess if they are to have a chance against the space wizards of today." Barak had more disdain for Jedi and Sith than he did for Mettallum, and so he was somewhat excited to begin talking about the finer details.

Lord Mettallum

This organic was really pushing the line. The fact this organic said Lord Mettallum wouldn't stand a chance against a puny jedi was the biggest insult this organic has made. In a clearly angry and loud voice Lord Mettallum yelled

"YOU DARE INSULT LORD METTALLUM SAYING HE CAN NOT KILL A PUNY JEDI. IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE ANY USE FOR ME I LORD METTALLUM WOULD HAVE AREADY KILLED YOU!!"

Lord Mettallum opened one of his compartments and with his right hand grabbed his favourite weapon Duplex Hastam. Lord Mettallum used his ruplsors on his left hand to push the organic on the ground then Lord Mettallum turned towards the guards who this time were prepared to restrain Lord Mettallum. Lord Mettallum used the high powered magnets on his left hand to pull one of the guards toward him and stabbed it im the chest with his Duplex Hastam. Lord Mettallum then slammed the droid to the ground and put his hand on the droid's head. Lord Mettallum activated his repulsor again causing the droids head to crack under the pressure of the repulsor and properly destorying it. Lord Mettallum looked towards the organic and said in an angry but stern voice.

"I Lord Mettallum suggest you tell your other guards to stand down and I Lord Mettallum also suggest you to SHUT UP and never speak to me again unless you are telling me we have made it to our destination."

Lord Mettallum was definitely going to request a protocol droid to tale him back to his shuttle once the meeting finished.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

The weapon that [member="Lord Mettallum"] wielded caught Barak by surprise, causing him to scream as he leaped to his feet, only to be blasted back down against the row of seats on the cabin wall. Watching in silent awe, Barak trembled as Mettallum dispatched one of the security droids very quickly. It hadn't even had time to react, rebooting its combat procedures just as it was pulled towards the large metallic brute. By the time is was destroyed, the other droids had already leveled their blaster arms towards Mettallum, a shimmering blue field of energy outlining their bodies as their shields activated.

Taking Mettallum's advice, Barak motioned for the droids to stand down, causing them to lower their arms, but keep their energy shields active. "I... I merely meant.." Barak tried to explain, unable to get the right words out before the towering Metal Lord before him. Either way, Mettallum was likely to understand sooner or later, whenever he encountered a skilled force-user at least. The roar of the engine began to calm as the shuttle descended, landing in a small hangar bay of the large building they had arrived at. The boarding ramp then descended, allowing the group to walk out, two droids carrying the remains of their brethren in tow.

Moving at a much quicker pace than Mettallum at the moment, Barak sped ahead through the hangar, quietly exchanging frantic words with a man who donned a dark outfit that appeared to be something reminiscent of a lab coat. Representative Barak smoothed out his own suit, casting a glance towards Mettallum before eagerly making his way out of the hangar. Now, the man who appeared to be some sort of scientist stepped forward, making the cybernetic implants that had been integrated into his body apparent. His eyes were not organic in origin, rather two red photoreceptors much like Mettallum's own.

"I apologize for my associate's ignorance, Lord Mettallum. I hope you will feel welcome here at Holowan Laboratories, we have been instructed to treat you as a guest of honor," the man explained, stepping out of the hangar and into the hallway ahead of them. "You see, we here at Holowan Laboratories feel that there are always improvements to be made, regardless of mark or model. Your design is quite unique, mind telling me about it?"

Lord Mettallum

Finally an organic with a working ai. Unlike the last organic this organic seemed to understand how to talk to someone like Lord Mettallum. Lord Mettallum spoke in a stern but respectful voice

"You wish to know of my model. I Lord Mettallum can't give you much information for safety reasons and due to missing memory on my model. However I Lord Mettallum shall tell you that my model was built for battle, This model comes with 'force powers' which is done by using magnets, a ruplsor and what I Lord Mettallum would call a taser in my left arm. Now I Lord Mettallum wish to know if Holowan Laboratories has done any research on using void stones to stop force users from using the force on your droids or using shards to make force sensitive droids?"

That stupid organic put an idea in Lord Mettallum's head. While Lord Mettallum could easily defeat a jedi padawan or sith apprentice he would have trouble fight knights or masters if he ever needed to fight them. If Lord Mettallum could get a new body with one of those objects he could have a better chance at fighting powerful force users.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Mr. Upari had spent the majority of his years as a mechanic/engineer, studying the finer aspects of droids and cybernetics alike. He himself was living proof of his expertise, for the implants he possessed had been designed specifically for his needs. With his optical implants, he began to study [member="Lord Mettallum"] as the droid spoke, explaining the many features that his model was equipped with.

Upari was impressed with the many anti-force user gadgets Mettallum had been built with, though was disappointed on his lack of an origin story. Such a fascinating being deserved to know more about its past. It was obvious that the droid was designed to combat force users for some reason, as the technology he was equipped with was similar to the Mandalorian vambraces of old.

"You must understand, void stones are extremely rare, Otherspace is no laughing matter," Upari conceded, noting that the droid's idea was good. However, they had the next best thing. "Are you familiar with the ancient Sithspawns, Terentatek?" He asked, well aware that even mentioning the Sith was usually bad for business. Even so, Upari knew when to seize opportunity, and that time was now.

Lord Mettallum

Lord Mettallum was very surprised that abominations known as sith spawn would be a subject of discussion. Lord Mettallum had a feeling where this conversation was heading but decided to make sure before he yelling. In his stern voice Lord Mettallum responded.

"While I Lord Mettallum have heard about the Abominations known as sith spawn I Lord Mettallum have not heard of this breed and it worries me that you say it is the second best thing to void stones. Now incase I Lord Mettallum have misunderstood you please tell me about this abomination and how it is the second best thing to a voidstone."

One thing that Lord Mettallum started to think about is why Holowan Laboratories would talk about sith spawn let alone seemingly advertise one since Holowan Laboratories is part of the droid industry and not the sith alchemy industry.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Upari was disappointed, having noted the obvious attitude that [member="Lord Mettallum"] displayed towards the mention of a Sithspawn. While it was understandable, the man wanted to at least get Mettallum to understand what he was talking about. "You see, Terentatek really are right up our alley of business, for they have been known as legendary force-user killers for many centuries," Upari explained, revealing why he brought them up in the first place.

"It is said that their leather-like hide is resistant, even immune to direct applications of the force," a smirk crossed Upari's lips as he looked up to Mettallum, still walking as he continued to speak. "And so in theory, if we were to fashion a cloak to drape around a droid model, much like the MagnaGuard's own cloak, it would provide it with a great deal of protection. Besides, dampening materials are not always effective, and can really only do so much."

Reaching the end of the hallway, a turbolift door would open, allowing the small group to step inside and travel to higher levels of the building. While soothing elevator music played, Upari glanced towards Lord Mettallum. "What do you about that? The only problem would be finding the beast, and obtaining its hide."

Lord Mettallum

Lord Mettallum was pleasantly surpised at what Upari wanted to do with the sith spawn. One thing Lord Mettallum was missing was royal robes or in this case a royal cloak and if he could kill some Terentatek he would have very useful robes. Lord Mettallum spoke in a voice that had a hint of joy.

"I Lord Mettallum have noticed that I Lord Mettallum am missing a cloak worthy for a lord. Finding the sithspawn will be hard but going by how you said the abominations are up your alley I Lord Mettallum assume you have a contact. Now for obtaining the hide I Lord Mettallum can subdue the beast or kill it if necessary."

Lord Mettallum was glad he decided to come because now he may have a chance to fight against powerful force users and not be frozen in place when on uses the force on him in a bar.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Once they reached their destination, the turbolift door slid open, revealing a large office area, with another corridor diverging to the right and leading towards another section of the building level. The two would stroll down the hallway, Upari using an access code to open the sealed door once they arrived at the entrance. The two stepped into a large room with several large glass-walled rooms, all in rows next to one another.

Most were empty, though there was one nearby that had a team of engineers and scientists alike, all standing around a holographic white-board as they examined a partially complete robotic body. It appeared to be a prototype MagnaGuard, one outfitted with extra plating and a certain blue tint to the metal. "This is our newest creation, and potentially yours if you will have it. The design is based on the MagnaGuards of old, with a few key alterations in the works.

It will have incredible agility, able to leap through the air much like our IG Sentinels, while still being durable enough to take damage. We can also upload data long stored by our company, which contains hundreds of hours worth of recorded Jedi combat techniques," Upari paused, a great feeling of pride swelling within him. He was a man of science, but he could help but feel as if these droids were his children. His red photoreceptors focused on [member="Lord Mettallum"], as he motioned back towards the exit.

"We can also outfit the body with gadgets similar to your own, and even more. I believe a built in electrical capacitance shield would be much to your liking. All we need is the Terentatek leather, which would finally protect from that devious witchcraft known as the force," Upari then input his access code once more, returning to the turbolift alongside the metallic giant beside him. Their destination was the lower level, where a ship awaited their arrival. The elevator music played once again, Upari standing still and facing forward even as he spoke. "Do you have any extra input on the matter of this new model?" He queried.

Lord Mettallum

Lord Mettallum looked at the prototype magnaguard. While it was taller than your acerahe magna guard it was still to small for Lord Mettallum. In a stern voice he said

"Lord Mettallum v2 needs to be minimum 3.1 meters tall and maximum 3.4 meters tall because I Lord Mettallum really do hate adjusting to new heights. Another thing is as annoying as my next request will be I Lord Mettallum would prefer a head more akin to a BX Series Commando droid however a mixture of magna and commando droid for the head is fine if possible. Now how many cloaks would we be able to get from one Terentatek because I Lord Mettallum could use body guards that are of this prototype model."

Lord Mettallum knew that Holowan Laboratories was manufactures of some of the best droids in the galaxy but he didn't expect them to impress him so early but something came to his mind.

"Now I Lord Mettallum hate to be rude but why did your boss want me to come here in the first place because lets be honest you don't just go to some random droid and offer it an improved body with out some secert motive."

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Mere aesthetic changes. Upari nodded along with [member="Lord Mettallum"]'s words, taking pride in the fact that he had impressed the droid before him. Such models with awareness were fairly rare in the galaxy, and that was the very reason Mettallum had been brought to the planet. "The first test is very important to us, in order to gauge the models limits, it must be used to its full potential. An aware droid such as yourself that surely has combat experience is a fine choice, I believe. If those are the only desired specifications, we can begin assembly immediately. That way, we will be able to provide you with bodyguards much sooner. Terentatek can vary in size, and I believe we have discovered one in the Doneer'so system."

Upari would have inhaled after his lengthy commentary, but his cybernetic implants did not require him to do so. The planet Doneer'so was mostly dominated by jungle terrain, a common environment that Terentatek often inhabited. Even more so, the planet had been once under the control of the Galactic Empire, so it was even more likely that the rumors were true. Stepping out of the turbolift, Upari and Mettallum made their way to the hangar bay, where the same shuttle was preparing for lift off. "The shuttle will take you to our fleet in orbit. You should arrive on the planet in a matter of hours," holding out a datapad, Upari displayed a list of assets that were readily available for Mettallum's use. "Once you arrive, whatever forces you wish to accompany you will be provided. Are you ready to depart?"

Lord Mettallum

Lord Mettallum checked all the assets and turned to upari.

"I Lord Mettallum only require a detachments of 4 mangaguards and another detachment of IG-RM droids to take down the sith spawn with minimal problem."

With that Lord Mettallum entered the shuttle and awaited to be taken to the Doneer'so system. From a business meeting to a hunting expedition. Even if Lord Mettallum doesn't get a new body or cloak he was definitely going to buy some droids for his private army.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Two MagnaGuards were already present within the shuttle, one in the pilots chair and the other in the co-pilots. They would fire up the small craft's engines, allowing it to hover before easing it out of the hangar bay. Maneuvering about the tall buildings of the industrial region of Halowan, they would eventually begin to ascend once they had built up enough speed, exiting the atmosphere to rendezvous with the fleet. Attaching itself to the large seven-hundred meter assault frigate, the shuttle would power down as the vessels calculated their pathways, eventually jumping through space along a safe hyperlane route.

Hours would pass, allowing Mettallum to do as he pleased, whether it be tour the Holowan flagship or simply train with the MagnaGuards in a simulation room. Unfortunately his free time would be short, for only a few hours had passed before the fleet dropped out of hyperspace, looming about the jungle planet of Doneer'so. The general whereabouts of the Terentatek's cave had been supplied to the shuttle in the form of coordinates, along with the robotic reinforcement that [member="Lord Mettallum"] had requested. All that was left was to arrive on the planet, and seek the beast out.

Lord Mettallum

Lord Mettallum was dueling against one of the magnaguards in the simulation room. While the duel was happening another magnaguard entered to room and informed Lord Mettallum that the fleet has dropped out of hyperspace. Lord Mettallum stopped the duel and prepared to entered his shuttle. Once the shuttle landed Lord Mettallum spoke to his army.

"I Lord Mettallum thank you all for not going rouge yet and coming with me on this trip. Now I Lord Mettallum will save you from being owned by an organic for the droids who survive this hunting expedition will be brought by me and will never have to worry about memory wipes. Now I Lord Mettallum want you all the sweep the area and as soon as you see the sith spawn report it to me. Do not engage the beast unless it attacks first."

Lord Mettallum then signals the magnaguards to follow him while sweeping the area.

[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom