Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robo-Cat

robo-cat+logo.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
WORKSHOP INFORMATION
  • Workshop Name: Robo-Cat
  • Specialty: Personal Vehicles and Refurbished Parts Supply
  • Tier: I
DESCRIPTION
Sometime after the Omega Crisis, [member="Kaili Talith"] introduced a small maintenance droid to the planet Kiara. Identifying a number of systems across the planet in need of repair, replacement, or upgrading, the droid searched the planet's scrap yards and junk heaps in pursuit of the parts that he needed. Outside the ghost metropolis of Ele'veen, he discovered a great find: a massive landfill that included a ship graveyard, abandoned droids, junked out speeders, and assorted scrap. Hollowing out a droid corral for himself in the dead husk of an old GR-45 medium transport, the Cathar simulacrum created a workspace for himself for use in repairing or restoring various vehicles or devices that were still salvageable on the planet. Over time, the droid set up a power station inside the junkyard, for use as a refueling station. Today, in addition to the power station, the droid operates a junkyard garage that specializes in providing refurbished parts for a wide variety of personal devices, in addition to operating a maintenance garage that can handle care and customization of vehicles. As the planet Kiara has a great inequality of wealth, with a portion of the population living in near medieval squalor, barter and trade is the usual custom of exchange -- though the titular Robo-Cat himself is able to make use of Alliance credits as well.
If you're touring Kiara and outside of the capital of Tre'eyvin, chances are Robo-Cat Station may be your only option for a power station or garage.

RATIONALE

Robo-Cat represents a utilitarian story element for a character who is a mechanic at heart, capable of extended periods of operation without rest in which he needs to fill his time conducting useful work for organics. As Kiara exists in a technologically depressed state as a result of the Gulag Plague, one that the Boolon Foundation continues to work to relieve, Robo-Cat also represents a natural evolution of the planet's story of recovery, with Robo-Cat Station allowing a story vehicle by which the abandoned city of Ele'veen can be re-explored. Ultimately, Robo-Cat represents the character's desire to always be engaged doing something to improve conditions on Kiara, in this case by creating an inventory of available parts to reduce any further waste by re-using and recycling existing scrap on the planet as a potential resource. Simply stated, put a maintenance droid on a planet with a post-apocalyptic, dystopian junkyard and said maintenance droid will go forth and make work for himself. This workshop is simply that, and submitted as such as an element for further developing both the character and the lore of the planet Kiara.

PARENT CORPORATION: N/A

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Added, by your request, but I would point out that there is no headquarters field on the posted template. Given that the template states that workshops will ordinarily have only a single location, and this sub certainly is reflective of that, may I inquire as to the rationale for requiring it?

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Done!

My apologies about that. I know you posted the other day that changes were coming to the factory, and so didn't want to assume that it was an error on your part (I thought maybe I'd missed an announcement with a different template somewhere).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom