Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLP Plasma Mesh Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Intent: It should be duly noted... idkwtf this even is. xD I mean, I know what it is, I just... don't know what compelled me to want it. I wrote it on 36 hours of being awake. xD
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives
Model:
  • R/LP-01 H.E.R.
  • R/LP-02 Angeldust
Affiliation: Private (not marketed)
Modularity: None
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Durasteel
Description: The Ri'essi Legate Pyre weapon is by far the most impractical and gargantuan-by-scale system ever made by RRDI, and likely that ever to be made. A typical dispenser head can emit a mesh of condensed plasma up to fifty meters across. The particles will disperse after a couple of seconds of exposure and cooling, but when enough are laid out across a ships hull the effects of a unified firing could be potent enough to cut through thick shields and burn small craft like fighters out of the sky if in proximity. When multiple heads are placed in key lengths across a ship or craft, they form a sort of 'mesh' around it. The weapon system comes with three key disadvantages that always apply; one, the system requires significant amounts of heads to be used across a vessel's hull to be effective; two, the firing vessel's own shields will have to be down during the duration of the firing mesh and are subject to whatever time it takes to reengage them upon its dissipation; three, the system uses an incredible store of energy which is primarily sourced from a very rare method, thus ammunition is both ludicrously expensive and extremely limited while deployed. As with all weapons - and especially with the Legate Pyre - risky or incorrect use can result in damage to one's own vessel or those around it. It is incredibly unwise to use in the presence of other capital ships, fighters, bombers, small craft, buildings, condensed magnetic fields, flammable gasses or explosive substances.
The substance used for electric burning in the ammo units is interestingly enough farmed from Mnencheiasus, where the unique and indigenous Kalestat Crystal is naturally formed. Due to it's molecular alignment, it is useful in compounding as a CEC for use in generating the weapon's energy projectiles.
The craft-portable Angeldust variant is 1/5 in scale across the board, except for ammo capacity which is 2 instead of 3 uses.
Classification: Plasma Dispenser Nodule
Size: Ship-Mounted
Length: 5.62 meters
Width: 0.82 meters
Weight: 291.43 kg
Ammunition Type: Electrolytic Crystal Composite Core (EC3)
Ammunition Capacity: 3 Shots per Maritime Payload
  • 300 Second Cooldown
Effective Range: 120 meters

I really just don't think this would actually work. I'm fairly sure that plasma does not function in such a way and I can't think of any reason why this would be used instead of an ion cannon.

If you're really dead-set on using this weapon... Maybe modify it so that it's an actual net with an ion charge or shock charge?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Særa Ayña Savan"] - I'm sorry, but I have to agree with my learned colleague. What you've essentially created is a short-range unfocused turbolaser with a long cooling time, expensive ammunition, and a requirement of dropping one's own shields to fire it. While it might be possible to make it, given some edits, it would never be an effective weapon as written. Before I archive it, though, I should offer you the chance to pursue substantive edits or abandon the project. Please let me know what you decide, and tag me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom