Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Risen by blood.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

C'il stood utterly confused before the slaver, "Dance? I don't know-" the pain in her neck sent her to the floor from the collar. Some trandoshan slime, a dishonor to his race. Fat and weak for the reptilians.

He hissed through his teeth, gripping the datapad. A single collar alert was not enough. He had to be able to shock any slave whenever he wanted. A substitute for his lack of any real power. But enough of one. "I did not ask what you know, I did not ask at all. You mine, you fix, you dance, you sing, you starve, you live, because I tell you too." she glared at the floor trying to regain herself, she hated this. If she so much as touched the collar it went off, an attempt to counter those cybernetic limbs of hers. And they had an explosive in them, something she'd seen first hand he was eager to use at any opportunity. It wasn't about his entertainment, he never even watched even the actual dancers. He seemed to tell everyone to do it, no matter their race or appearance, male or female. Just to prove where he was in the food chain. Disgust-she screamed in pain again, barely having time to recover from the last shock before he decided she took to long to react, "I told you to dance!"

"But I..." again jolts through her even the instant she realized her mistake, "I DID NOT ASK YOU TO SPEAK." he roared. Weak for his kind though he was, he still dragged her towards an exit all the same and hurled her out the door into the pen locking it behind him before she could think of what to do. It was full of others, miners or kitchen staff or all the other slaves. Coughing, it hit her lungs fast too. The gravity already weighed heavy on her, as it did most here leaving them always tired and weak. But the atmosphere was even worse, you were supposed to wear breathing masks. But when he was upset, he made sure you went without. The pen had plenty of work to be done in, all the while barely getting anything good into your lungs. Some had figured out how to delay or push through the constant pressure to cough or hold their breath, C'il was still figuring that out as she choked on it.

Her hatred for him and fear of her circumstances boiled in her. Ever since she'd lost connection to her ship life had been nothing but trouble, first the spice. And now this. She barely even remembered how she got here, but it didn't matter. She was far too tired to figure out what to do about it. Because if she messed up, it was pain or death. And it was so easy to mess up. The collective hatred for him from all the slaves was only drowned out by how exhausted or ill they all were from working on this place, all too often unaided by the equipment they needed to do it right, and then punished more for it. Filth of a creature, filth of an organic, filth of a trandoshan, filth of a slaver. A hutt would be a better operation manager than that.

sith-red.png

"You're quite used to living as a slave already, aren't you?" The voice came from within the shadows of the room. A single red eye glowed in the darkness. A red eye that seemed to make up the body of a bat like creature. Unnatural for certain. It watched, expressionless and fluttering where it hovered. It was watching. It had been, from the shadows, for some time, but now it made itself known.

The fire had started to go out. And that wasn't something it wanted to see.

"Why have you not stabbed him?"

C'il C'il

C'il's head shut up in surprise at the new voice, and to the eerie red eye. Confusion and concern in her at the...whatever it was. "I'm not suicidal. He'll blow my head off with the collar...and might not even die if I could stab him." she growled quietly, though her mind was hardly on the answer she gave. She looked at the eye uncertainly.

"Who or...what...are you?" she finally asked the confusion clear in her voice

sith-red.png

"True, the collar is a hinderance." One that could be taken care of. The fluttering bat found a spot within to sit, folding it's wings neatly underneath it. Making itself perfectly into a sphere that now stared up at the enslaved woman.

"A Familiar. You can feel the Force. I'm here to scout you out and see just how powerful you might naturally be."

C'il C'il

She stared at the thing, looking around anxiously for if someone happened upon them. And it's peculiar explanation. She was hardly going to contest the answer, while she'd never known that, if it might help her get out of this she'd take it. But, she did always have certain traits of awareness and intuition. Those she knew, even if she wasn't really so sure they were the force.

But she had higher priorities than whether or not she was actually able to feel the force. "And then what...would you get me out of here?" she asked that part very quietly, in fear someone might be listening. Nearly in fear this thing itself might be on the lookout for slaves trying to escape. But no, that didn't seem like the trandoshans style.

sith-red.png

"Nope."

The sphere stared uncaringly.

"I'll just show you how you can get yourself out. Why would my master rescue you, who got caught in the first place? No, I will help you learn how to save yourself. Then perhaps you won't end up someone else's slave."

C'il C'il

C'il felt an anger at the simple rejection, the sudden dashing of hope without her actually thinking that it'd have more to say of any use. It might have easily shown on her face, but the familiar did go on. What a word for a thing so foreign.

What it did have to say at least, that was something. She might have despised the blame being put on her for being caught. As if she should have prepared for that as only an engineer? But still...it said it would help her learn. And she was desperate for that, however much she feared the tiny possibility this was a trap, she wanted out. "What do I need to do?" she asked, the worry of being caught forcing her to look around even though if someone did show up to her it might be too late. Show up for her eyes anyway.

sith-red.png

"Learn. You've a connection to the Force. Find it. Your hate, your anguish. It's always there, just waiting for you to put it in action. You hunger, you hurt. Use those emotions. Let that hate make you strong. Once you've done that, I'll return." The bat fluttered up before slinking back into the shadows until only the red eye remained. "Focus on it. All those emotions. Do not die, do not loose your pride. And you can become something powerful."

Then it was gone, to leave her alone in this cell once again. She'd have to find her hate, her connection, before it'd return to show her how to use it.

C'il C'il

C'il was again unhappy with the answer, just use her hate and anguish?! Really?! Oh it was that easy was it. She tried not to show her frustration with the suggestions...tried. And tried to hide her disappointment and return to despair as it vanished on her. And she was left alone. Would it even matter then?! Just a taunt of freedom from some karked up illusionist who wanted to screw with her?! Maybe she was just losing it, maybe that spice, or this air, was finally doing in her mind.

She wasn't even aware just how much angrier all this made her and how she was inadvertently following the instructions anyway, all of it boiling away inside of her as she coughed and gagged on the air struggling to breath for so so long.

OOC: I hope time skip of a little is ok. Can always edit if requested, just in general.

It was only another day or two before another incident, her wheezing from the air upsetting the trandoshan both in its noise and how it slowed her progress on fixing something she already wasn't given the right tools for. She swore the trandoshan for all his flaws was the only one unaffected by gravity her when he threw her at a wall. And latched hooks through her cybernetic limbs sending shrieks of pain through them as he disabled the ability to turn it down, dangling her outside as he set the collar to shock her intermittently yelling (safe inside through the speakers) about how lazy and ungrateful slaves were for keeping their lives.

It burned her lungs, burned her heart, how any such kind of karking pathetic excuse of a snake could live this long was beyond her. No, no, that creature was right. he had to die. He HAD to. Anything was better than this, if it killed her! When she was finally released, pain still coursing through her body and mind, her neck and back incredibly stiff. She planned. If she could live through what she was about to do, she didn't know. But at this point, she'd take the risk.

C'il was after all, an engineer. And she was dealing with mining equipment and fixing it. The woman worked, enduring as she set her pieces into place. A bomb. It was very carefully put together, such that it'd fail on the miners again. She knew how long it'd take to get back here after that, and how long it'd take before the trandoshan frustratingly tried to have someone test it before sending for her. She wouldn't be far from it, just one wall between her and the bomb. But it was going to be big. If she couldn't find a way to get that collar off in time and make a run for it, or find something to protect herself with...this could go south. She didn't realize just how hot that rage burned, didn't realize that the trandoshan was afraid and beginning to be in pain. Not knowing how or why and assuming the facility must have an air leak somewhere. Didn't realize how powerful the force was when so much hatred was so focused on destroying one person. C'il wasn't nearly powerful or honed enough to just kill him with a thought. Or break his limbs that way. Not untrained. But her pain and rage were still boiling enough to burn him too.

sith-red.png

The Familiar didn't truly leave. It watched, waited in the shadows. Little by little C'il was sharpening her connection. But she wasn't aware of it. She'd gone to make her own bomb to escape, but she hadn't truly focused on that sensation of the Force she'd been tasked to do. And yet, she was still bringing pain to the man she hated most. Even without seeing him no less. An uncomfortable burn or the like. The Familiar wasn't going to pretend to understand how it worked, that wasn't it's duty.

It's task was only to wait until the woman finally broke that initial barrier and realized her connection and the strength she had.

C'il C'il

"Oh no." she couldn't stop herself from saying the words aloud. The trandoshan had decided there had been too much slacking and it was causing problems, that combined with that constant pain he was having, meant everyone else needed to be put in line. They were to be brought into a courtyard, and then taught another lesson. Always, always more pain. There was just never enough of it was there. Never enough!

Her breathing accelerated, she was barely hanging on mentally already. That bomb she knew had been taken into the building already, if it went off, she believed she'd surely be blamed. And then what? Death? More torture? Her vision was clouded as they all stood in the packed area, and she stared at the disgusting scaled face of his. Die you filth. she thought, barely keeping that thought from coming out of her mouth. But he saw her glare.

He tried not to show it, but he was suddenly afraid. And she was too, when he pointed a finger at her. There were guards, not that they were needed for much with the collars. What do I do, what do I do.

What was there left, if she didn't do something. It told her to try and use her hate and her anguish. So she tried, as hard as she possibly could. To focus on them. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do with them. Maybe something would come to her. Maybe the creature would show her what to do next. But all concentrated on him. She didn't know what else to do with it, just to hate him with everything she could.

And he stumbled, and he fainted! Her shock was about as much as everyone elses, even more, the guards swiftly turned to see him and rushed to grab him and rush him out of the place before the confusion from all the slaves wore off and someone decided to do something dangerous. She stared in shock still. She was still furious, and scarred by what she'd had this place. But something happened.

Truthfully of course, if she had tried the same trick years ago. It would have failed. But after so long of so much hatred and pain all becoming especially focused on that one man ever since she was told, it had finally worn into him, and received on final push of all her fear and rage and pain. She felt tired all of a sudden herself.

He'd be out for a day somewhere in his quarters, she didn't know that. The bomb would go off today. She still didn't know what she was going to do when that happened. But at least she wasn't going to be hit by it.

sith-red.png

"A bomb was an interesting choice."

The red eye finally opened in the corner of the room. They had felt it. A ripple in the Force. Strength. Without guidance, it had doubted the girl was capable of too much. But that was the test. To prove it wrong. And she had.

"You should get up. You're going to have to break that collar if you want to get out."

C'il C'il

C'il barely stopped herself from starting at the sound of the eye again when it showed itself, she hesitated to answer it, "Even if I can get it off...what then? Even if I can steal a ship there'd be a bounty on it right away, and I can't survive out there in this world for long on my own."

Technically, it's advice helped last time. Even if she didn't like exactly how. But it did do something. She wasn't sure though if advice alone was enough anymore. Even if she could use the force. Maybe she could get the collar off if she did things exactly right, but after that was off. She was at a loss. Take a ship, risk getting shot in the process. Risk that it may be boobytrapped. Risk that authorities somewhere may be alerted, or hunters, or even pirates. And then she may be back where she started, or even worse.

sith-red.png

"It's a lot simpler than it seems. Once the collar is broken, escape. Find the mountain to the south. There you will find shelter. But first, the collar." The Familiar floated forward, hovered just before her neck. "You've felt it now. The Force. Your connection to it. Reach out with that connection. Feel for the metal around your neck. Find the lock. It won't be as easy as just feeling really hard as I had you do before. Finesse is needed. Or you'll set it off and blow your head off. Not that you've much of a choice right now, mm?"

C'il C'il

C'il nodded as she listened, so there was a mountain to go to...still...she'd have to nab a mask if she could. And hope she wasn't walking into her death over this. It really expected her to use the force to unlock it?! What kind of?! SHe tried to force herself to calm back down, it had given advice that worked last time. Maybe it did this time...she just hoped it wouldn't kill her in the process.

She nodded to it, and tried to focus, gritting her teeth as she tried to sense through the lock. Of course mentally she knew exactly how it worked. So it was just a task of...there it was. She could feel it, was it this easy? No, if she hadn't already learned how to tap into the force she'd never have made this work at all. But now, now she could do it. Something changed, incredible. The collar clicked and she threw it aside with her organic hand, just in case. Her eyes filled with excitement at the freedom as she rubbed her neck. After that, escape was the easy part. Everyone was still distracted and she knew the mechanics of the place easily. So long as no more force shenanigans were occurring, she knew she could snag a rebreather or two and get out of there. There was no real time to get anything else worthwhile, so this would have to do.

And then, run. She didn't know how long it'd take to notice her missing, but she wasn't going to move slowly. Not if it was at all possible someone might realize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom