Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle Riot Control Wheeled Vehicle <RCWV>

Status
Not open for further replies.

9QpEL16.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a vehicle suitable for police departments, specifically gendarmarie, riot police, special operations. It could also be found useful in military operations
  • Image Source: LMorse @ DeviantArt
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Corondex Arms
  • Model: 001
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: YesAmmunition of mounted machine gun can be switched
  • Tired can be fitted with continuous track for operation on obstructive land
[*]Production: Mass-Produced.
[*]Material: Double-reinforced durasteel, Insulfoam
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification:: Wheeled Vehicle
  • Role: Riot control; Quick Fire Support
  • Size: 3.7m
  • Weight: 4,142kg
  • Minimum Crew: 1
  • Optimal Crew: 1
  • Propulsion: Wheels
  • Speed:, Very Fast
  • Maneuverability: Very High.
  • Armaments: LowTwin 50 cal. heavy machine gun, 1.5k rounds/min, muzzle velocity 810m/s
[*]Defenses: Average
[*]Squadron Count: 10
[*]Passenger Capacity: 0
[*]Cargo Capacity: 0, only for ammunition for the machine gun.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Automated Target Acquire and Fire System
  • Standard Police-Grade Sensors and Scanners
Strengths:
  • Mobility: Quick paced, highly maneuverable. The RCWV can be quick to deploy, quick to arrive at destination and quick to get out when there's too much heat
  • Armor: Capable of withstanding pressure for a limited time, wheels are laced with titanium making them impregnable to conventional methods of puncturing.
Weaknesses:
  • Armament: Twin 50 cal may sound scary but compared to what some vehicles out there have, it is nothing.
  • Does not fly: Where everything else is capable of flight, even at short altitudes, the RCWV cannot.
  • Rollover: The RCWV is a quick beast and very maneuverable. Unprofessional, risky driving specifically when turning increases the risk of rolling the vehicle over resulting in casualties.
DESCRIPTION

Made to be deployed at lightning speed at quickly escalating situations and with equal speed to suppress riots and relieve pressure from on foot police officers.

The RCWV, due to its cheap price, has seen its use by lower budget militias or conventional fringe armies from poorer planets for warfare. Its simple construction makes it easy for mechanics to strip it down and rebuilt it. This saves a lot of time regarding maintenance and thus makes the purchase of RCWV a bargain in the long run due to the lower maintenance costs.

Parts are easily replaceable and more creative mechanics may repurpose the speedy vehicle to whatever they see fit. Replaced mounted twin 50 cal heavy machine guns with anti-air flak guns? Why not? Take it another step and replace the guns with a flamethrower ? Yep, there you go - a fire tank. Slat armor - go ahead. A less powered but fast as a lamborghini howitzer? Do it.

Go absolutely nuts.

The RCWV is a simple and highly modifiable vehicle that can be used quite efficiently by intelligent commanders and operators.

Hi [member="Vitor Avendahl"]!

Given that this vehicle has greater than average performance in both speed and maneuverability, as well as being mass produced, I would like to see an additional weakness indicating a risk of tip-over given the speed rating and its' drive type being wheels, and a lowered production to limited.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Whoops, I did not read your previous reply right then.

I don't believe it is anything too special to have it reduced, I feel like it's a stupid fast little vehicle with not really significant armament. Why do you think I should lower it? Can we find perhaps a middle ground?

[member="Vitor Avendahl"]

Namely because it falls rather far outside of the templates with respect to the ratings.

I'm happy to hear arguments for why you believe otherwise, or an alternative edit.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

I feel like the fact that it sports such bad armaments, it more appears like a fast mario kart than anything else.

If anything, I feel like a drop of one level in maneuverability might be something to consider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom