Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Rin'hi (Blood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Image Source: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ba/34/34/ba3434f0f16e64c7f7e4673629dd0af6.jpg
Intent: To make Kango's custom large caliber, heavy hitting revolver

Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: Kango Fett, Tenloss 

Model: Rin'hi
Affiliation: Kango Fett

Modularity: laser sights, scopes, flashlights, etc.
Production: Unique/Limited
Material: Neutronium and Durasteel
Classification: Slugthrower

Size: Handheld

Length: 38 cm

Weight: 7.5 kg

Ammunition Type: Armor Piercing 

Ammunition Capacity: 7 shots in the cylinder, 140 charges from the power pack

Effective Range: 15 m
Rate of Fire: semi-automatic
Special Features: Biometric scanner, smart link, and miniature laser tracking system

Description: Designed from the Tenloss Corporation's Ambassador Revolver and modified to be even more powerful and man-stopping. The weapon is a armor buster and has the kick of a mule. It has a six shot cylinder using large caliber pistol ammunition and is housed in a heavy, durable, durasteel frame. It has added features that include biometric scanner, smart link, and miniature laser tracking system. It can also be fitted with multiple attachments.

Within the heavy barrel section is a built in energy sources powered by a standard power pack envelop the slug in charged ions. Upon exiting the barrel, the slug is enveloped in an energy shroud and, during impact, transfers both kinetic and thermal energy to the impact site. Both the physical impact and penetration along with the thermal energy discharge makes this pistol a supreme man-stopper and highly versatile weapon. Normally the gun fires armor piercing rounds. The rounds can be changed as needed in any combat situation.

The weapon is highly durable and resistant to damage. It also has huge hitting slug that uses both kinetic and thermal energy to punch through armor. The mechanisms are simple and reliable. It can function in any environment and will work even if hit by EMP/Ion blast, though the special features will be disabled.

Though with all its benefits there are downfalls. The pistol is very heavy and cumbersome making accuracy at longer ranges difficult, but this is countered a bit by the smart link. The bright “bolt” that covers the slug is highly visible, making stealth shots with the weapon almost impossible. Also with how heavy and powerful it is it is extremely unlikely to fire it with normal flesh and blooded hands without the great risk of injury.

Primary Source: Ambassador Revolver

Hi [member="Kango Fett"] ! I will be reviewing your submission today.

To start, for the sake of keeping things uniform would you mind ordering the items within the submission the same as it appears in the ranged weapons template located here. Anything within the template (Such as dev threads) that is irrelevant please leave as N/A or Not Applicable.

Kango Fett said:
Modularity: Biometric scanner, smart link, miniature laser tracking system
  • The biometric scanner, smart link, and LTS might be better placed into a "Special Features" section below the general item description if these are meant to be permanent fixtures to the weapon rather than items typically swapped on sidearms (scopes, grips, etc). This is not required, just a suggestion.

Kango Fett said:
Highly durable and resistant to damage
  • I would recommend if this is a strength to change your 'Material' to something higher quality than durasteel.

Kango Fett said:
Can't be fired by
  • Looks like there is missing information here.

Kango Fett said:
Weight: 7.5kg

• 7.5kg for a handgun is incredibly heavy. A weapon like this would be entirely unwieldy one-handed for most people. Are you sure you don't want to dial this back a little? A 6-round hand gun at 7.5kg seems like a manufacturing blunder, especially given it's rather small length. (For comparison: a standard 9mm hand gun weighs 0.63 kg.) The Tenloss version is 3kg lighter as well.

Jamie Pyne said:
To start, for the sake of keeping things uniform would you mind ordering the items within the submission the same as it appears in the ranged weapons template located here. Anything within the template (Such as dev threads) that is irrelevant please leave as N/A or Not Applicable.
Ok sorry. Wasn't thinking, sorry.

Jamie Pyne said:
[*]The biometric scanner, smart link, and LTS might be better placed into a "Special Features" section below the general item description if these are meant to be permanent fixtures to the weapon rather than items typically swapped on sidearms (scopes, grips, etc). This is not required, just a suggestion.
Okz good idea. I'll change that.

Jamie Pyne said:
[*]I would recommend if this is a strength to change your 'Material' to something higher quality than durasteel.
What material would you recommend. Im not familiar with them, sorry.

Jamie Pyne said:
[*]Looks like there is missing information here.
I'm sorry That's my fault missed it when I reviewed it. Sorry

Jamie Pyne said:
[*]7.5kg for a handgun is incredibly heavy. A weapon like this would be entirely unwieldy one-handed for most people. Are you sure you don't want to dial this back a little? A 6-round hand gun at 7.5kg seems like a manufacturing blunder, especially given it's rather small length. (For comparison: a standard 9mm hand gun weighs 0.63 kg.) The Tenloss version is 3kg lighter as well.
Ya. It's meant to be that heavy. I will only be able to use it with my mechno arm. Using it with normal flesh and blood would probably break my hand.
I might increase its size slightly, idk.

[member="Kango Fett"]

Just a few very minor things:

Kango Fett said:
Image Source: Google
  • Can you put the exact location of the website here for citation purposes?

Kango Fett said:
Model: N/A?
Affiliation: Kango Fett

• Split the Model and Affiliation to two lines. Model in this case could be the name of the weapon also.

Kango Fett said:
Size: Handheld
Length: 38 cm

• Again just split the Size and Length to two different lines.
Once that's done I will pass it along down the line.

Jamie Pyne said:
[member="Kango Fett"]

Just a few very minor things:

• Can you put the exact location of the website here for citation purposes?
  • Split the Model and Affiliation to two lines. Model in this case could be the name of the weapon also.
  • Again just split the Size and Length to two different lines.
Once that's done I will pass it along down the line.
Fixed it all.
Sorry bout the smash of lines. It's a glitch with my phone when I copy and paste.

Hows it look now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom