Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ring of Concealment

Status
Not open for further replies.
b50bb75ca19cd6be912baa975b44dbcc.jpg
Image Source: https://no.pinterest.com/pin/214695107213030417/

Intent: A personal ring for Ameli to allow her to operate under the radar without the immediate scrutiny that comes with being identified as a Sith. It is not meant to give her any great edges in combat, and is more aimed at allowing her to interact with non-Sith communities without being chased off with torches and pitchforks. In addition, it marks the beginning of Ameli’s journey towards mastering Sith Alchemy

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/80767-a-new-path/http://starwarsrp.net/topic/80767-a-new-path/

Manufacturer: Ameli Trahir

Model: Ring of Concealment

Affiliation: Ameli Trahir

Modularity: No

Production: Unique

Material: Silver

Description:
The Ring of Concealment is a product of Sith Alchemy. It was made by Ameli Trahir, and it serves as her first alchemical creation. It was created on Glee Anselm where her studies on Sith Alchemy truly began. Unbeknownst to her, she is following in the footsteps of her family.

Though the inside of the ring is smooth, the outer circle is anything but. That side of the ring is uneven, and has a rugged, wave-like pattern. While Ameli would claim this is for stylistic purposes and part of her design, the more likely answer is that this happened by chance. This being her first attempt at shaping a ring in such a way, her lack of experience shows in the failure to create a smooth surface.

The ring comes with a special ability, and it is from this that it got its name. Simply put, it is intended to mask its wearer’s presence in the Force. Primarily, it conceals the alignment of whoever puts it on. This ability carries over onto items worn or carried by the wearer as well. An artefact infested with the Dark Side could appear insignificant, provided it remains on her person. It is Ameli’s hope that this will allow her to blend in with crowds and avoid detection from other Force users when she does not desire it. As far as Sith goes, she’s unorthodox and does not adhere blindly to the Sith Code. Even so, her presence is distinctly dark, much due to her own Vahla heritage. Ideally, this ring would help her avoid getting identified as a Sith.

Despite the ring’s power, it is not impossible to detect her through the Force. The ring wraps the wearer in a figurative, thick and invisible veil one must sift through to get to the truth. The veil cracks and becomes easier to see through as Ameli exerts herself through the Force. Further, someone with the sufficient focus and training could be able to break through regardless. It works as a kind of layered defence. First, "the veil" masks her presence in the Force. Should one get through that, one might note that she is indeed Force Sensitive. However, the second line of defence is that her presence would at this stage appear neutral or even untrained, rather than reveal how corrupted and dark it is. It is worth noting that the ring, far from being a masterwork artefact itself, is only able to completely mask other minor artefacts. Similar to when Ameli draws upon the Dark Side herself, "the veil" starts to show cracks if these artefacts are actively used.

Primary Source: N/A

[member="Ameli Trahir"]

Welcome to the wonderful world of Alchemy.

First and foremost, your development thread is very solid.

The submission itself isn't anything world shattering and its power reflects the Acolyte hands which made it.

Basically, I can't find anything "wrong" with this submission. However, I'd like you to add a clarifying statement in regards to how the affect interacts with artifacts. I'm perfectly fine with this submission veiling things that are darker in nature, but please specify that these items must be (at most) considered minor artifacts. If this were a masterwork submission, I would have no qualms with it possessing the ability to mask the auras of "major/masterwork" artifacts, but as it stands this is an Acolyte's first attempt.

So, add that clarification and you'll get the stamp.

(And a cookie, as is customary with the dark side.)

[member="Isley Verd"]

Thank you! I'm pleased to hear that.

I've added a clarification on how it interacts with artefacts, as per your request. It is found in the last sentences of the submission.

(Looking forward to the cookie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom