Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Rimward Trade League Presents... The Imynusoph Run

Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian My ship is still pending approval in the factory, but I'm ready to throw my hat in.

NAME OF RACER: Gren Blidh
NAME OF SHIP: The Somberlane
POINT DISTRIBUTION:
  • Hyperdrive Speed: 2
  • Sublight Speed: 4
  • Routine Operating Tasks: 1
  • Emergency Tasks: 3
  • Defensive Capabilities: 2
Based on the discussion above I assume that with a 0.8 hyperdrive that would give me a 2 in hyperdrive speed, though I see other competitors with slower hyperdrives but higher rankings in this category. So... I think I'm doing it right? Maybe a little clarification on this. Hehe.

AfrikaFlag.png

download70.png
Greetings, racers and potential racers!​

As a token of respect to the many brave, and inspired pilots out there, Osato Aerospace™️ is happy to announce our official sponsorship of the Imynusoph Run!

The Run's prize money will now be increased by an entire digit! (Prior additional awards remain unchanged)

First Place: 500,000 IGBC Credits
Second Place: 250,000 IGBC Credits
Third Place: 100,000 IGBC Credits

Enjoy! And good luck out there!

(With approval from Aeshi Tillian Aeshi Tillian )

download70.png

download60.png

Last edited:

Milla Kryst

Might Just Change Your Life
Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Gren Blidh Gren Blidh Milla Kryst Milla Kryst Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

RULES ADDENDUM

After Jerec pointed out that traveling via hyperlane with four points in hyperdrive essentially causes travel to be essentially instantaneous, I've bumped the default travel time to 8 hours per hex rather than 6. Hyperlanes now reduce it to 6 hours rather than 4.

I still don't know math but I trust you.

Will this be a roll of the dice game, we have to play out what the dice hit us with? I hope it's that, because I'm going to fail if I have to do stuff like math or anything. I'd rather leave it all up to chance just so I don't feel like I'm the one in power having to lower or increase my power effectiveness.

I still don't know math but I trust you.

Will this be a roll of the dice game, we have to play out what the dice hit us with? I hope it's that, because I'm going to fail if I have to do stuff like math or anything. I'd rather leave it all up to chance just so I don't feel like I'm the one in power having to lower or increase my power effectiveness.

It will be both! Math is used to determine the base time it takes you to travel from Point A to Point B. Basically, it will start based on your hyperdrive speed and the number of hexes you're crossing. Multiply the hexes by the amount of time per hex to get your base travel speed, and then the dice rolls will throw random events at you which can add time, decrease time, or have no effect on time. Then you just combine those numbers for the total amount of time to travel each leg of the race. When all legs of the race are completed, the five lengths of time will be added to determine who wins. So part of it is strategy based on the route you take and how you decide to allocate your points, but the random dice-generated events add that little bit of Chaos and unpredictability.

Milla Kryst

Might Just Change Your Life
It will be both! Math is used to determine the base time it takes you to travel from Point A to Point B. Basically, it will start based on your hyperdrive speed and the number of hexes you're crossing. Multiply the hexes by the amount of time per hex to get your base travel speed, and then the dice rolls will throw random events at you which can add time, decrease time, or have no effect on time. Then you just combine those numbers for the total amount of time to travel each leg of the race. When all legs of the race are completed, the five lengths of time will be added to determine who wins. So part of it is strategy based on the route you take and how you decide to allocate your points, but the random dice-generated events add that little bit of Chaos and unpredictability.

tenor.gif

I'm sorry, jokes aside, but I wasn't quite taught math. I may not participate as I don't want to slow everyone down. I really didn't understand that. It's not your fault

Thera Mayeen

T
-

sbzm972.png
Kyprin Engineering Corporation is announcing its intent to sponsor a racer. One Aeson Keel Aeson Keel for the Imynusoph Run! A veteran starfighter pilot and ex-star racer hailing from Pamarthe we are proud to announce our partnership with such an illustrious man! He will be flying Kyprin Engineering's new KE-35 "Black Star", a ship made and tailored for racing. Please keep your eye on our vessel and our racer! We will also be following Osata Aerospace in throwing our support behind the race and sweetening up the pot!

First Place Winners: Corsair-Class Luxury Yacht + your very own KE-35 and module kit!
Second Place Winners: 150,000 Credits
Third Place Winners: 50,000 Credits

Fly safe pilots!

LdmaEW1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom