Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Right Place To Ask?

H i there, I thought this would be the best place to ask since I am new to the website, and still trying to get the hang of how it functions. Please redirect me if I am not posting in the right place.

How do I add pictures to my character template from my laptop?

PS: I had a few character-related questions as well if anyone could be of any help. Thanks!

[member="Nihilistic Despair"]

Welcome!!
Of course you can ask here! XD I'm a noob myself too. Only asked here a few days ago but, nevermind me and my noobness. I just submitted my first character's biography with all the images so I should be able to help you.

There are three ways to imbed/place pictures onto your character template.

One: When you make a new post in character creation, if you hover your mouse above all those little boxes above, you should come across something that looks like a picture. It will say 'image' on it when you hover your mouse over it. Click on that and simply copy and paste the URL of whatever you wanna put onto your template.
But.
It will only accept things that are jpeg, png, ect. Not other stuff from deviantart or pinterest or other websites. Only if it ends in jpeg or png will the website let you submit it.
Believe me, I've tried to submit pictures from Pinterest and everytime it would say 'This website doesn't accept images of that extension' or something like that.

Two: It's practically the same thing and the same rule applies. Only ipeg and png stuff. But, you can use something called a BBC code and instead of clicking that image button, you can type in: url of website
Just inc are you were wondering, there are no spaces in between the [] and the url. You put a space there and it won't work.

Three: I've found this a lot easier than using BBC codes or that image button. You can directly copy and paste any images from whatever website and paste it directly onto your character template. The image will pop up big but, you still have your image right?
It doesn't matter whether it's a jpeg/png or not.

Hope this helps!!

[member="Crix Halcorr"] [member="Nihilistic Despair"]

Has hit it right on the money! Good job :D. I personally like to just click on the little picture square on the second row

fXwYiOA.png

That just brings up a little box that you can just put the url in and it just pops it up. If you're trying to upload from your desktop / picture folder, I suggest uploading to Tumblr or imgur then using that URL

Thanks for all your answers, and excuse my late reply </3

I tried clicking on the suggested icon, but it doesn't seem to let me upload straight from my laptop. Any thoughts?

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

[member="Spencer Varanin"]

[member="Crix Halcorr"]

So the icon is only for webpages. So I suggest if you wanted to do that, upload the image onto a site like imgur.com - there they will give you a link and you use that link to upload the picture to the page.

Send me the image and I'll see what I can do. If you're on discord message Spencer in there and upload the image in the messenger

Also [member="Sanya Val Swift"] when showing images please make them smaller or mark them into a spoiler they're massive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom