OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a small thing for Matsu and Maple to find in their adventure
- Image Source: Jade Heart
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source:
Waru's Universe - Origin
- Void Stone - Canon precedent of fragments from other universes
- Ta-Ree - Force teachings exclusive to the area of space
- Name: Rift Stone
- Manufacturer: Unknown (currently held by Matsu)
- Affiliation: Individual Character Name (Matsu Ike)
- Modularity: Can be inserted into jewelry or decoration
Production: Unique (Matsu)
- Material: Jade
- Classification: Artifact
- Size: Very Small
- Weight: Light
- A connection to the Kathol Rift that can be felt outside of it allowing one to use the Ta-Ree techniques within the small bubble it creates. (roughly 1.5m around the person)
- Allows followers of the Ta-Ree to feel the rift outside of its region of space
- While it does let one feel the rift it requires they have the training and understanding to know what they are feeling.
- It is a small stone and easily lost for its size.
- Eldritch Horrors: Working like a beacon for force creatures when used the stone's reward/risk is great and can attract some of the more dangerous beings like Wutzek and starweirds
- Area: Creating a small bubble where the Ta-Ree energies can be felt and used outside of the rift itself. The small bubble though is just that a small bubble and beyond it the magics disappear. Limiting the actual range of its capabilities.
In ancient times a meteorite came from a different dimension with a being. Waru's universe being inversed to our own with the anti-force. The stone that didn't burn up fully small different a faint connection the force itself that made a small bubble and falling into the rift it sat. For centuries until the event happened that tore the fabric of reality within the rift and twisted it. The Aing-Tii hid int he lifewell to survive and became more isolationist, other species that stayed in the rift slowly started to learn how to use it and in that time the stone absorbed the rift as it were.
It isn't much, it just made a bubble around a person using it allowing them to feel the power within the rift itself. Even from a great distance in space. THey wouldn't be able to use all fo the techniques and most of the teachings from the Ta-Ree a group that formed within the rift using the power of the force there exlcusively. Over time the stone was found by a being and taken into the dangerous hellhoop where it drew the attention of a being. Normally not bothered by certain concerns it imprinted before being lost again only to show up with the Kanzer.
Deep in the unknown regions where [member="Maple Harte"] and MAtsu Ike were searching for any information that Rave Merrill might have discovered about the force gods and demons that had been worshiped by these beings in the gap. Discovering the stone shortly before they escaped the Loa temple the pair fled to Loste Citadel where MAtsu sent a message off to [member="Jorus Merrill"] asking if he had any information about her activities. If she had encountered them and if she knew what they were looking for that far out.
Investigations of the stone though led matsu and Maple to use psychometry to see its history and discover where it had been and what had happened. INvestigating and using the stone the jedi master discovered what she could do with it and a rough idea of its capabilities. It didn't make her stronger or faster... It just made her able to feel the rift and where she had ben taught. It was more like a powerful memory and for a few feet around her she could use the Ta-Ree's techniques...
But there was a problem, outside of the small bubble the techniques disappeared it was almost like an inverted bubble of void stone dampening everything outside fo the bubble or a yalisimiri field but she was in a small safe place. It would limit the use of it and discovering that it attracted creatures to them like chum in the waters was all the more reason to not want to use it except under the most dire needs. The stone's benefits were outweighed when it could attract a starweird into your ship.