Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Riders of the Black Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Riders of the Black Rose

Intent: Military unit for the Covenant of the Black Rose

Affiliation: Covenant of the Black Rose

Availability: Rare

Quality: A

Type: Mounted Infantry

Strength: 75 for each company. Max company employed in battle is 4 for a total strength of 300.

Equipment:

Riders

9118 Heavy Carbine
Force Pike
Renegade Heavy Blaster
Camo Scout Armor

Mounts

Armour: The armour is created with both durasteel and Flexisteel. It offers limited protection from blaster fire (can withstand a few shots but not a full on assault of blaster fire).

Description:

At the request of the Black Rose Council - a project was undertaken to convert the species Potens Ursae into a combat unit. The project was overseen and handled by Darth Zarrah - who believed the best way to create the fighting force was to utilize troops and turning the units into mounted companies. A secret training complex was built for the project.

The project was designed with two notions in mind. A breeding ground was used to mate the beasts that had been delegated useless for combat because of defects or genetic reasons. The newly arrived cubs would be examined carefully and if they passed the tests they would be sent to the next stage - the training grounds. If they failed the examination process then they would remain in the breeding grounds and upon reaching maturity they themselves would become breeders.

The second notion was the actual training grounds itself. Here a fresh recruit from the military academy would be assigned to one of the newborn cubs. From day one the pair would live, work, train, and interact with one another. Darth Zarrah wanted both rider and mount to have a symbiotic relationship. In the event a rider was killed performing her duties such as patrolling a hostile region or through warfare the beast - subsequently - would be put down based on the main reason that the beasts were trained to follow the commands of their riders whom they grew up with. Assigning a new rider to a veteran beast would be result in tragedy.

To ensure a steady and consistent supply of the animals and units - several more breeding and training grounds where erected around the secret complex. The unit's roles can range from basic scouting to full-on warfare. Because they are not powered by technology - the mounts can move through all types of terrain. Because of their mounts limited armour - the units when employed in warfare are used in hit and run tactics meant to disrupt supply lines and troops movements. On the battlefield where the major fighting occurs - they focus more on the troops (flesh and droids) rather than attacking the technology based machines of war such as tanks and artillery units.

Links: Potens Ursae & From Cuteness To Terrors

[member="Darth Zarrah"]

So a cavalry unit mounted on giant armored bears .... okay then, anywho just a few things that need addressed
  • The Elite Rifle is more of a gameplay mechanic from Battlefront 2 for the Frenzy Award, would you mind switching that out for an actual type of Blaster Rifle?
  • Would it be possible to expand upon what their combat role would be?
  • What sort of protections does the armor the bears wear provide as that link only gives me a picture and not details?

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

The Elite Rifle is more of a gameplay mechanic from Battlefront 2 for the Frenzy Award, would you mind switching that out for an actual type of Blaster Rifle? Done.

Would it be possible to expand upon what their combat role would be? Done.

What sort of protections does the armor the bears wear provide as that link only gives me a picture and not details? Done.

[member="Darth Zarrah"]

Okay everything looks good, the only thing I'm still iffy about is turadium as part of the armor, mainly because that stuff is tough for even lightsabers to get through. If it had a sub, I'd be perfectly okay with it, but without one could you use durasteel instead?

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

I chose that alloy for the tough cutting through ability because the armour isn't entirely strong and the alloy is canon. Which also aids in their classification as A quality.

It offers limited protection from blaster fire (can withstand a few shots but not a full on assault of blaster fire).
but I'll change it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom