Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rhun Black Steel

200px-EbonyIngot.png

Image Source: Wikipedia
Intent: To Create an advanced alloy from which to forge better armor and weapons
Development Thread: If Necessary
Manufacturer: Empire of Rhun (Valentinian Alexandrus III )
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Empire of Rhun
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/82520-rhun-black-iron/and Cortosis Ore
Description: Boosting Rhun Iron's already considerable durability and lightsaber resistance by mixing it with Cortosis, the master smiths of Rhun have developed an entirely new metal alloy. This combination of Rare ores is said to be the equivalent of Beskar in terms of Durability, though just as hard to acquire. Boasting a distinctively black colouring that is very difficult to modify, Rhun Steel promises to be the final step that puts Rhun on a competitive field with the rest of the galaxy.

Theorized some years back, it was only recently that the smiths received a small ammount of cortosis to actually test their theories. Initial trials proved very promisising, atleast against Rhun Iron. The newly forged black steel blade that was used in testing held up against several other metals, including Durasteel and Rhun Iron, snapping a blade made of the first metal clean in two.

In Addition to it's durabilitity, it is also considerably lighter than beskar, roughly 20% In total, making it much easier to move in, as well as meaning less material needs to be used overall for effective armor. A few thin strips is often enough to safeguard vital areas, and often that is all that can be given out, do to the rarity of the alloy
Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/82520-rhun-black-iron/

Valentinian Alexandrus III said:
Material: http://starwarsrp.ne...hun-black-iron/andCortosis Ore
C
Cortosis(( Objective : Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain cortosis ore from any of the following planets: Apatros, Obredaan, Katanos VII, Duro, Bal’demnic, Gallos, Conglomerate Prime, Bespin, UmphathiaOR—suffer a devastating defeat at the hands of a Force User Character written by another writer. ))
This objective needs to be completed in a development thread for cortosis to be used in this submission.

That being said, I'll also need development on the construction/developing of this. I can't think of any material that has been approved, even, that could rival beskar or be considered its equal, much less carry the same properties.

For limited use of cortosis: 20 posts.
Development for the creation of this material as-is: 40 posts.

So, total, somewhere around 60-ish posts, or greater.

Be aware that use of this material(submission) in the future will require development if it is approved, as it is a base material containing a restricted material.

I also need to see how much this weighs, roughly, as compared to beskar. Is this as heavy as it? Lighter? What other properties does it have? It is stated to be as "rare" as beskar, or hard to come by at any rate, is this due to the use of cortosis in the creation of the material and the Rhun iron stuff, or is there some secret method of creating it? This can decide whether I need more development than stated above, or not.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

See if I made take the chance to explain myself here, being as this is an alloy, it was more meant as an idea. That is to say, have it approved for future yes, the cortosis and such being acquired at a later date when one actually wished to create and use this material. However, if thats not acceptable I'm quite sure I can get working on a thread right away

[member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"]
To note: I edited my post (the first one, above) to add further instructions/requests.

You will need to do development for it now, and it will require development in each future use in the factory. While it is certainly the base material, it is using an already restricted material, and has lightsaber resistance (as well as stated durability of beskar).

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Ill answer the question here, and then edit the OP to reflect the information once decided. It is somewhat lighter than beskar, by about 20% , it's rarity is based on the scarceness of the resources needed to make it (Cortosis and Rhun Iron)

Besides it's durability, it's only other defining feature is it's lighter weight, and the fact there's likely ten times as much beskar out there as there is Rhun Steel

by about 20%
That's a pretty considerable margin.

Besides it's durability, it's only other defining feature is it's lighter weight, and the fact there's likely ten times as much beskar out there as there is Rhun Steel
But given this, I can let that go if you want to lower production to semi-unique. This means future submissions that use this cannot exceed this production (due to its rarity), but it would justify a lighter material with reasonably similar resistances to beskar. Generally speaking, beskar can find itself being submitted at limited, and on rare/uncommon occasions minor, production, so keeping it at limited doesn't quite do the "ten times as much beskar" note justice.

If you want to keep it limited, though, I'll need that 40ish posts increased to 50ish posts for that disparity in weight.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Hmm i'm fine with upping the rarity. I did wish to putit as Semi-unique, just the definitions of rarities threw me off a little and I was unsure if I could put it as such. I'm going to edit the OP to reflect this

[member="Valentinian Alexandrus III"]
Alrighty. At semi-unique I just need 15-20 posts for the cortosis and 20-30 posts for the development. A bit less than limited, as I'm sure you've noticed - semi-unique in terms of stuff like gloves, boots, armor, etc, generally means only a handful of characters can access them. Semi-unique here works on a similar basis, in that you could only get enough of the material to do the same thing. So anything made from this, once it has been approved, will have to be semi-unique production or below, and will mirror your statement of being incredibly hard to come by/rare.

To note: My hyphens, " - ", mean between, so any number of posts between the smaller & larger numbers are acceptable, as well as either of the numbers (so 15 or 20 is fine, as are 16, 17, 18, and 19).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom