Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship RF-750 Freighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

inactivechar01

I
MISC-FREELANCER-05.jpg

Image Source: Star Citizen
Affiliation: Augustus Fel
Manufacturer: Augustus Fel, acquired from an independent ship builder in wild space
Model: RF-750
Modularity: No.
Production: Unique
Material: Enhanced Titanium, Agrinium-mesh, Desh-Terenthium alloy, Polarizing Field Insulation; Dallorian alloy (beneath titanium plating of armaments)
Classification: Freighter/Gunship
Length: 32.3m
Height: 10m
Width: 14.8m

Armament: 15
Defenses: 12
  • Ray Shield
  • Particle Shield
  • Hull material
Squadron Count: N/A

Special Features:
  • EMP/Ion resistant, larger ion cannons would certainly disable it. So resistant to a great degree.
  • Movable engines - The engines can move from their usual position to a vertical one highly increasing its maneuvrability options and making it less predictable.
  • TQ-895_capacitor_component - Utilized when additional damage is necessary.
  • Smuggling compartment
  • Dallorian-alloy around armament allows for more extensive continuous use than usual due to its heat absorbing properties.
Maneuverability Rating: 5 (3 when engines are in vertical alignment)
Speed Rating: 3 (6 when engines in vertical alignment)
Hyperdrive Class: 1

Strengths:
  • Movable Engines
  • Great degree of EMP/Ion resistance
Weaknesses:
  • Needs to maintain well its power as due to its properties it could easily be overdrained.
  • Not the best of defences. The ship is made as lightweight (see Materials) and aerodynamic as possible for atmospheric engagement, keeping it fast and maneuvrable in order to evade as much hits as the pilot is able to. In space, it is dependant on its speed and destructive power rather than an atrition game.
Description:
The RF-750 has been designed for the purpose of quick deployment of destruction. Or more precisely, being able to escape or pass through. Hence, the two ion canons that it employs and four in total weapons that it posseses.

The materials used are also further explaining the purpose of its existence and the way it should be piloted. Rather lightweight and less sturdy but relying mainly on escaping tough situations and obliterating/disabling obstacles.

The engines are yet another proof of that as they give an additional trump card for the ship. That is due to the fact that it brings a great factor of unpredictability and once again - greater options for escape.

The Polarizing Field insulation that covers the ship gives it an edge against what Augustus Fel is more likely to meet - ships aiming to disable him. Its resistance to EMP and Ion damage is exceptionally high.

The TQ-895 capacitor component is an important part of the ship's purpose of existence as it can substantially increase damage output from all armaments of the RF-750 at the price of an increased rate of overheating. Yet, it would still take a longer time to overheat due to the dallorian-alloy the armaments are coated with. It has a diminishing returns effect, meaning that the longer the capacitor is utilized the easier it gets to the point to overheat. It takes 5 minutes of no use before the capacitor can be used normally again without the diminishing returns effect.

Overall, the ship posesses great capabilities in increasing its already powerful damage output along with speed and great maneuvrability. Yet, its defences are more lacking than what an average pilot would expect.

Development Thread: N/A
Intent: Personal ship that fits Augustus Fel's criminal and destructive nature.
Who Can Use This: Augustus Fel
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Augustus Fel said:
TQ-895_capacitor_component - Utilized when additional damage is necessary.

This seems to be linked to this submission, which might be an error? I think you maybe meant to link it to this page. I'd like to hear a little bit more about how this component affects damage output (damage, amount of time it lasts, recharge time, etc).

Augustus Fel said:
Maneuverability Rating: 3 Speed Rating: 2

This probably is a bit fast and agile for a ship this size, especially given its armament. I would probably go with the base flight stats of the gunship template example (Speed: 5 , Maneuverablity: 5). With that...

Augustus Fel said:
Movable engines - The engines can move from their usual position to a vertical one highly increasing its maneuvrability options and making it less predictable.

I'd suggest showing this feature like this:

Speed: 5 (7 when engines in vertical alignment)
Maneuverability: 5 (3 when engines are in vertical alignment)

inactivechar01

I
[member="Gir Quee"]

Edited all ! It's my first time doing something bigger than drones and what better way to learn judging starships! :p Anyways, I've fixed the hyperlink, added a few lines for the capacitor component and I changed the maneuverability as you requested, yet, I put the Speed rating as 3 (6 when vertical). My argument is that it has quite lightweight materials which I also explained in a sentence or so in the description, I think.

Let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom