Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reunited [Gerion Ardik]

| @[member="Gerion Ardik"] |

Five days had passed since former Emperor and Lord of the Sith had met with another on Muunilist, during the Fel Empire's dominion over the Muun homeworld. The Dark Master had underestimated the time travel between the Muunilist and Annaj systems, yet two days were not that far between each other. Vilox Pazela was stood in the center of the Annaj capital city, observing the locals going by. As he did so, he activated his comm device so Gerion could follow his trace to his location. Above them, in the orbit of the Fringe Confederation's capital laid the Obscurity. As per his agreements made with the Grand Admiral Karrade, or now known to be Ashin Varanin, he had a free pass to venture into any system that the Lords of the Fringe controlled. The benefits of recruiting aforementioned Dark Master into the following he had created on Aza'Zoth.

He had hoped to do the same that day on Annaj with another.

@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

A tremendous sneeze prefaced Tyrin's arrival by a few minutes. The Umbaran furiously dabbed at his irritated nose with a hankerchief, muttering curses under his breath as he made his way downtown to where Vazela's transponder had gone off. Of all the times for him to come down with some irritable, minor sickness, it had to be these past few days. Maybe his inoculation before traveling down to Muunilinist's surface hadn't been as complete as he wanted it to be. It could have been worse, but it also could have been better, hence his annoyance.

That wasn't the only thing he was annoyed about. The Fringe's fleet over Annaj was enormous. Whether or not they were all that advanced was beside the point- they looked snappy and there was quite a lot of them. Tyrin was upset to admit to himself that he had been wrong in his lambasting of the Confederation's military capability. Perhaps he should have done more research, but public intel on the Fringe was scarce. Apparently he had to go see things himself from now on.

Another sneeze as Tyrin approached Vazela, a pair of MagnaGuards following behind him. "There you are."

Vilox turned to face the Umbaran before he talked. The sneezing was what brought his attention. "Yes, here I am, Tyrin." He smiled cautiously before gesture to the two men. "Who are these? I was under the pretense we would be going alone." He leaned his head to the left, in curiosity.

@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

"Who?" Tyrin half turned, expecting to see someone of note behind him, though all he saw were the MagnaGuards. "Oh, them."

The IG-100 MagnaGuards, an ancient design though they were, still proved to be formidable opponents. To most rabble and unseasoned apprentices, at any rate. They were cloaked, but aside from that wore nothing else. The two of them each carried an electrostaff and a blaster rifle, though one was also carrying a suitcase presumably belonging to Tyrin. They had also been with him on Muunilinist, but Vazela had departed before he could be introduced. As the Viceroy of a planet perpetually enduring labor disputes, the Umbaran frequently traveled in the company of armed guards. It was mostly for appearances and as a status symbol. Even after being beaten up more times than he cared to count, Tyrin was more than capable of defending himself against the common rabble.

"For all-" Tyrin paused, sneezing into his hankerchief again. "For all intents and purposes, we're alone. Their programming is rather rigid in all things outside of combat."

"Curious. I've never seen the design before." He motioned to begin walking, waiting for his old ally to catch up with him. When he did, he began to talk to him in a low tone. "So tell me Tyrin, what happened to you after Shorn attacked us? The journey from Annaj to Aza'Zoth will take the best part of a day, so we have some time to catch up before setting about to business." The Dark Master was leading the former Emperor towards the Fringe Confederations spaceport in the city, an addition made when the self proclaimed 'Conqueror of a thousand worlds' arrived and began her invasion of the Unknown Regions. Inside laid the transport that would bring them up to the Obscurity.

@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

Another sneeze threatened to knock Tyrin off balance, but he managed to repress it in favor of answering Vazela. "I ran, obviously. Nothing but humiliation and scorn waiting for me in Sith space."

Those things would have bothered Tyrin at that time in his life, but no more. He was far above such notions now. Not that his personal evolution would make him return to the Sith. Even if they were still around, Tyrin was intent on steering clear of their ilk until he finally died. They were a chaotic, unpredictable, and almost always uncontrollable lot. If they hadn't dissolved into anarchy at Kaine's hands, they would just be another pack of wild dogs with another Sith Lord struggling to hold the leash. A waste of time.

"I went to Umbara, took on a new identity. Some Jedi scum had overthrown the previous government, so my brother and I removed him and re-instituted the Rootai Council. I served uneventfully as Senator before being offered a job in Confederate space as Viceroy of the Hyporian government. The Republic Senate was an abysmal place, nothing discussed or done." He frowned as he began to recount his time in the Republic. Not nearly as eventful as he would have wished. "It seems their power is now concentrated in the hands of the Jedi and the Chancellor. At least as Viceroy, I have more significant control over the planet."

Retirement just wasn't for Tyrin, as much as he had thought so when he returned to his home planet. He liked being the ruler of things, even if it were just a region of a planet. Thankfully Hypori found him to be a talented enough bureaucrat and leader to manage their affairs. Now he was back in the game of politics. He followed after Vazela, droids keeping pace behind him. Annaj was a nice enough planet. He'd have to buy a vacation home here at some point, if only for when he inevitably got run out of the Confederacy if Isley exposed him as a former Emperor.

Funny how that wreaked havoc with his resume.

"I hope your time outside the Empire has been more fruitful, then? You seem to be in good with this Fringe."

The Dark Master enter the shuttle and lowered himself into the cockpit of the ship. He began to speak as he powered up it's systems. "I am not a member of the Fringe Confederation. An agreement was made between myself and them. I would be allowed to travel through their star systems and set up residence on Aza'Zoth. It was part of my preparations for the scheme I have in the works."

He lifted the shuttle up into the air and through the opening roof towards the sky. He continued speaking as he made his way to the Obscurity. "I sense that you've removed yourself as a Sith, in the sense that you do not think yourself as one anymore. Yet, you still hold onto the tenants of deception and subterfuge. How else would you have been able to convince the entire Republic that you were a Senator? Or the Confederacy into thinking you were a Viceroy?"

Breaking through the atmosphere, Vilox landed the ship inside the hangar bay of the Obscurity. He rose from his seat and turned to face Tyrin. He gestured to the exit before moving up to his feet and leading the way out.

@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

"And here I thought you were adverse to diplomacy." Tyrin replied, punctuating this statement with another sneeze.

Vazela was correct. Tyrin didn't think of himself as a Sith any more. Frankly, he didn't think of himself as much of anything aside from a Viceroy who happened to have achieved status as a Master-ranked Force Users earlier on in his twisted, convoluted, and otherwise depraved career. He had considered himself a Dark Jedi during his brief time as a senator, but typically one had to have some sort of anger, resentment, and power drive to enshroud themselves in the Dark Side like he once had. Tyrin had cooled down during his "retirement." No longer enveloped in the Dark Side like he once was, but he was still tainted by it.

He still considered the Dark Side vastly superior to the Light anyway. Mental and physical decay notwithstanding if one had the right chops for it. He dabbed at his nose a few times before commenting.

"If deception and sabotage were solely Sith tactics, this galaxy's story would've ended a long, long time ago. I do as I deign necessary. My former Sith affiliation does not enter into it."

The Dark Master led the Viceroy along the hangar bay towards a pair of lifts. The Umbaran may or may not notice that the crew were wearing Fringe uniforms, despite what Vilox had said on Annaj. A clue, perhaps, to what his access to the Lords of the Fringe had cost him. He entered the lift first and turned, just behind Tyrin as the transparisteel door closed and began to rise inside of the clear chute towards the bridge. When the doors opened again, compressed air leaked over the threshold from the doors hydraulics. Vilox was the first to step out and he led the way across the walkway that overlooked the bridge from either side to the observational deck ahead. A throne, of an unnatural architecture, was center to the darkened room. He did not turn to sit in it, instead approaching the transparisteel screen that stretched across the space ahead of the Dark Master. He waited for the Viceroy to join him at his side and as he did so, the Attrition-class Star Destroyer enter hyperspace. The trails of purple light and luminescence filled the darkened room, illuminating his features briefly before dissipating as each light passed by.

"Now that we're here, I can explain to you in further detail why I asked you to meet with me on Annaj; and why we're headed towards the Unknown Regions of space. You see Tyrin, I'm creating a following in the image of the people that began the Sith Empire all of those centuries ago." He kept his eyes on the lights, their yellow iris shining as each purple light passed them by. The Dark Master continued to talk. "As an historian, I look upon history with a fine tooth comb. There have been many instances in galactic history when an individual or faction has instigated an action with a desired effect of doing one, but in actuality began events that they couldn't foresee or planned to do. For example, I am confident that when the Omega Pyre was founded, they did not know that the Omega Protectorate would be born out of it."

"The same could be said for Ashin Varanin. Did you know that she was a Jedi that the Jedi Order sent undercover to undermine the Sith? Who knew that the actions of the Jedi Council would instigate a series of events that would create one of the galaxies most powerful Force-sensitives, much like they couldn't foresee the exiles they exiled to then Unknown Space would discover Korriban and begin the Sith Order?"

"Although Ashin did not realize it at the time, nor did she plan to do it, but it was she who was the catalyst for the Fourth Great Schism that this galaxy has seen. As the first three began with the Jedi Order, the fourth began when she pushed Voracitos out of the shadow and into the throne that you ultimately undermined, to begin this crusade," he gestured to the transparisteel screen, "To take over the Unknown Regions; and in doing so, accumulating several individuals that will, ultimately, serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things."

"The Fourth Great Schism is about breaking away from tradition that stagnates and weakens. Like the Jedi Order has proved to be stagnant and weak for the individual since the First Great Schism began by Xendor and his Legion of Lettow all of those years ago, individuals such as I, you and Ashin saw that everything in this galaxy is stagnant and weak, including the Sith Empire; and that is why I have brought you to Aza'Zoth, not to join the Lords of the Fringe, but the following that I have instigated behind the Confederation that Ashin founded."

@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

Rage boiled inside of Tyrin. He had not, in fact, any idea that Ashin was actually some sort of Jedi infiltrator. This knowledge annoyed him greatly and, had he this knowledge before and there not been a gap in personal strength so infinitely long between the two, he would have endeavored to kill her in their previous encounters. Even if he did have the ability to do so, such tasks were completely out of the question. He was a Viceroy. He had a reputation to maintain. There were few things in Confederate space outside of his reach, so he arguably had much better things to indulge in than pedantic revenge fantasies. The fact that Ashin had been the one to return to him the Telos Holocron- a Holocron that had turned out to be fake anyway -made her an accomplice to that embarrassing theft. Just like Dissero, that insufferable librarian.

Vazela did a lot of talking now. Possibly more than he had ever said over the course of his tenure as a Sith Lord under Tyrin. He tossed around a lot of historic terms that were lost on Tyrin, seeing as the Umbaran was more interested in proper stewardship and administrative duties than an in-depth analysis of Sith and Dark Sider history. He knew enough to hold a general understanding, though what was legend and historic fact was dubious. There had been a period of four hundred years that were wiped out. Historic texts were often unreliable with that in mind. Especially when the here and now was much more enticing.

"I'm not feeling there will be much difference in this following to every other Dark Side cult frollicking amongst the cosmos." Tyrin said. "Nor anything to keep it from stagnating and weakening. But do go on, I'd be delighted to hear more."

"I understand your caution. But I have already delivered you something that others could not. How many Sith did you meet, talk and interact with? How many of them told you Ashin was a spy? The answer, I would think, is none. The difference between I and the organization and Empires that you've interacted with is that I have a plan, a scheme that will take time, care and nurturing to instigate and it is all happening here above Aza'Zoth, through the accumulation of knowledge and slow, careful preparation before the first stages can begin in earnest."

"In time, I will have amassed a following of Dark Jedi will allow be to instigate true peace, through order. An ideal, I believe you espoused during your time as Emperor and blighted by the sheer stupidity of the Sith who served you."

@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

"Blighted does not even begin to describe it," Tyrin muttered with no small trace of annoyance. "Nor was it limited to the Sith."

An unreliable, idiotic corsair Aedan Miles had turned out to be. Tyrin sincerely hoped the pink haired lunatic's corpse was rotting on some forgotten system, surrounded by the destroyed remnants of his fleet and the bodies of his unsightly clone army. But Tyrin rarely ever got what he wanted, so with that into account, the pirate was probably very much alive. Yet another person Tyrin would wishfully fantasize about brutally eviscerating. Vazela's plan sounded somewhat dubious in Tyrin's experience. His own plan had involved moving slowly and reasonably. The Umbaran had grossly overestimated the time he would have on the throne. He was evicted and exiled long before any of his plans could come to fruition. It had been Dranok to invade Yaga Minor.

That battle's conduct had been atrocious and not at all in line with Tyrin's plans for the system. At least the planet had been acquired, if only for Kaine to turn it into some farce of a joint zone. Disgusting. Whatever the case, there was no timer on Vazela's reign. There was no competition for his position of power and relatively few knew this following, so there would be no external strife to worry about.

Tyrin huffed at the mention of his espoused ideals. "Peace through order is an ideal many Sith waved about. More important than preached ideology is execution; procedure."

"Procedure, in this case, is about manipulation and deception, all of which has been executed according to the scheme and what my scheme is will come to you in time." He turned back to his old ally and cocked his head to the left. "Are there anymore questions, old friend?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom